Who Was You Favorite Pippa

Guest j.laur5

I disagree with that ^

What about Jack? He was one of the toughest kids Pippa ever took in, but she didn't give up on him after everything he put her threw. In tears she said ''I wish we could have done more for you, I know you certainly needed it'' - and he replied ''I'm sorry I let you down.... I couldn't save Michael''. But the point was she did stick by him even though in her eyes she failed him... Pippa was just as accepting of Dodge as she was Shannon, Jack, Teigan... Actually once Dodge had shown his true colours, she wanted nothing more to do with him... understandably.

All of that is beside the point - You've got to remember they are the same character. The writers are behind what the character does, the actor has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I agree.Understandable though it was, I don't think Pippa's ever turned her back on anyone to the extent she did with Dodge.I remember when he came back he said something like "One minute I was a part of your family, the next I was just left on my own" and even though she didn't exactly join his fan club Pippa could actually see his point.

The thing I always remember about Pippa(Debra)was that she invited Liam to live with them the day Michael died.To me that was the ultimate act of compassion:She was going through hell herself yet she still reached out to someone she'd just met simply because she could see he needed it.

The thing I always remember about Pippa(Debra)was that she invited Liam to live with them the day Michael died.To me that was the ultimate act of compassion:She was going through hell herself yet she still reached out to someone she'd just met simply because she could see he needed it.

Yeah that was a great Pippa ''moment'' - I agree!

I have just watched two Pippas back to back and I have worked out how they are different.

Vanessa Pippa is more warmer, stonger, livelier, always positive.

Debra Pippa more mummsy and when ever she talks to her froster kids you feel like you had great boost.

But Both Pippas are good in their own way and they both are perfect mothers.

• 3 years later...

Bring back Vanessa Downing! :P

I love both Pippas but I think I prefer Vanessa in all honesty. Personally I feel like Debra's version is more loved because she had 6 years longer than Vanessa to establish the role as her own...

I don't think it takes anyone eight years to establish a role as their own.

Yeah, but if Debra had stayed until 1992 instead of 1998 I reckon it would be more even as to which Pippa people preferred. Obviously more people are going to like the actor if they've been in the role for 6 years longer.

Perhaps, but had it been the other way around people may not have said the same about Vanessa. Personally, I prefer Debra, not because of her longevity, but because if I were a foster kid from a troubled background, I'd want a motherly figure who would defend her kids to the death, but without showing a vicious side. I always found Vanessa's Pippa one who would defend her kids, but she did have a rather vicious tongue at times in their defence, she also didn't offer the same warmth as Debra. I couldn't imagine Vanessa's Pippa offering Irene a bed in the house. Vanessa was much more a friend to the kids, sometimes stubborn, as with wanting Bobby in the family. Debra meanwhile could be stubborn, but in a much more parental way.

Archived