Alternates (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally we get to see where the “alternate” Ric ended up. I guess it’s a space displacement sort of thing. Kind of like the Terminator but no actually time shift as such. Although in saying that I’m still wondering about the pyramid from the first chapter which was still present after the big switch. Presumably he could still use it to get back to his universe. Interested to know where it originated from? Sorry…irrelevant.

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. I did notice the updates but I didn’t really have time to sit down and read them (as I at least wanted to try and read the story properly). Anyway I’ve read the rest of the chapters and I enjoyed them. I presume that the pyramid is still at the warehouse. Doesn’t Ric feel he has a moral obligation to dispose of it or at least hide it somewhere, where it will not fall into the wrong hands?

If the story had gone on for longer I would have liked to have seen the alternate Ric cause trouble and run amuck in the current universe’s Summer Bay. Perhaps he could have performed a robbery and made life hell for some of the locals and left the normal Ric to deal with the consequences when he returned.

Thanks for your comments, glad some people stuck with this till the end.

For anyone who's worried that there's still a magic door to parallel universes in Summer Bay, the pyramid is being kept under guard(which is why Ric was there in the first place)and it doesn't send everybody who touches it into another reality, it only does that if there's something for them to do there.

For anyone who's worried that there's still a magic door to parallel universes in Summer Bay, the pyramid is being kept under guard(which is why Ric was there in the first place)and it doesn't send everybody who touches it into another reality, it only does that if there's something for them to do there.

Oh wait a minute! So it’s kind of like Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap. Ric’s purpose was to save certain people in the alternate Summer Bay universe?