Computer problems... Help!

Guest Miranda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My laptop seems to work fine but it makes a weird noise whenever I go on it which doesnt sound so good.

is it getting really hot really quickly??

My computer was making a really loud noice a while back, and Dad took it to the fixer person, and it was a problem with the fan, and it was getting really hot aswell, they replaced the fan, and now it's all good.

i got serious laptop withdrawals then though. :lol:

how sad.

My laptop seems to work fine but it makes a weird noise whenever I go on it which doesnt sound so good.

is it getting really hot really quickly??

My computer was making a really loud noice a while back, and Dad took it to the fixer person, and it was a problem with the fan, and it was getting really hot aswell, they replaced the fan, and now it's all good.

i got serious laptop withdrawals then though. :lol:

how sad.

Yeah, it does get hot aswell. I'm going to save up and go get it checked now cause I wouldnt know what to do if it broke. I am on my laptop for hours everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

Help!!

I have this big white line that has suddenly appeared horizontally in the middle of my screen and it's really annoying

any suggestions on how to fix it??

Does the line only appear when you logon to Windows?

Do you see the line when you start the machine up?

Does the line disappear when you shutdown the laptop then power it on again?

Help!!

I have this big white line that has suddenly appeared horizontally in the middle of my screen and it's really annoying

any suggestions on how to fix it??

Does the line only appear when you logon to Windows?

Do you see the line when you start the machine up?

Does the line disappear when you shutdown the laptop then power it on again?

It appears just before I log on, and it stays there. Restarting it doesn't help either.

It appears just before I log on, and it stays there. Restarting it doesn't help either.

If it appears just before you logon to Windows then it could be the graphics card or graphics card driver. You could try adjusting the resolution. To do this minimize all your windows > right-click on the desktop > Properties > Settings tab > Near the bottom there should be a bar you can drag left or right. The lower the value the lower the resolution, the higher the value, the higher the resolution. Try making the resolution a bit lower and then restarting the machine.

To be honest, a more likely reason is that there is something actually wrong with the screen.

This was something I found on a website in regards to your particular problem:

"This can only be one of the 3 things.

1. The lcd cable assembly is loose.

2. The inverter card may need to be reseated

3. The lcd itself has a thinline crack and needs to be replaced"

Is your laptop still under warranty?

Archived