Computer problems... Help!

Guest Miranda

There are 3 lights on my laptop. 1. to show it is switched on [green]. 2. to show it is charging [orange or green] 3. a light i've never seen on before which is RED and has just come on.

Does anyone know what this means, or what I do about it? Is the laptop overheating???

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my laptop there are four light, the first one is green which is always on the next is orange which is the battery one the next is never one which has an envelope thing above it and the next is yellowy orange which is the internet connection.

Dont know if yours is the same but maybe its one of them lights.

Thanks for replying. I turned it off for a while but put it back on to ask for help :unsure: I've looked on the internet and it might be either 'drive activity' or the battery/ charger going wrong. Whichever it is, I'm worried its serious and I love my laptop, I don't want it to die :(

:blush: Now I'm relieved but slightly annoyed. My husband came along and said 'oh, it must be this' pressed a button and solved the problem. But at least I now know the make of the laptop and I will download a manual, as we don't have one for various reasons.

I suppose actually I should say what it was: it seems there is a wireless connection button underneath that shows red if has been activated somehow. I must have activated it without realising :unsure: I can just hear the computer experts tutting as I type this :lol:

Archived