Anti-Geoff

Guest LuvAden

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I personally find his idiocy endearing, but that's just me and I'm fine with being in the minority on that one :P I really could do without the judgmental preachiness though, guh. If it wasn't so politically incorrect, I'd suggest he needs a good seeing-to by a certain someone. And I don't mean Nicole -_-

Yes, thank you, that was the point. And yes, it was a joke :P

I can totally see why Geoff is hated. He's boring, he's preachy, he's judgmental, he's naive, he's useless in almost every situation. I've got no problem with people pointing out the obvious. And I don't believe I ever said that you shouldn't hate him :unsure:

I thought I was being friendly and supportive... sigh. I'll cross this off the list of threads I'm allowed to post in then :(

Sorry!

I should have realised. I've also noticed something else you wrote on another thread

"Anti-threads are hate threads - we all know it. "Anti" is just to minimize the reactions of outsiders who will be upset by the very notion of their favourite characters being hated. I don't see what is so wrong with hating a FICTIONAL character. Why on earth do people take it so personally?"

No worries I can take a joke :). I'm glad you can see the reasons why people don't like Geoff.

Just out of curiosity why do you like Geoff? I'm just trying to understand.

Now that WILL get me into trouble in here! :P

Well, as Musie said, eye-candy doesn't hurt. And as I said, I like how naive he is. I find it cute. But it can be seriously irritating. There are days where I only like him to look at, and days where I don't even want to see him. Like when he was being an ass to Jai for no particular reason, that was infuriating. I wanted to punch him in the face! But then I remembered how pretty he is and decided I should restrain myself; it would be a crime against nature to mess up that face. Besides looks, I do like Lincoln Lewis as an actor. I think he gets Geoff's doe-eyed innocence really well. And I haven't forgotten the gun-toting Geoff - that was Aden-grade awesome. The character has inconsistencies but I blame that more on the writers not knowing what to do with a Christian character - they think he has to be insane to be religious... but I think he's more or less being written well on that front nowadays. Still preachy, but not dooming all and sundry to Hell every five minutes :rolleyes:

And then there is Gaden (Geoff/Aden). I think that part of my appreciation speaks for itself :P It also amuses me to watch him squirm with Nicole, heh. I think I like him out of cruelty and a wish to see him corrupted more than anything lol. Which would explain my Voodoo Lagoon posts, I suppose :unsure:

Now, a reminder that I was asked to give these reasons. I am not trying to sway anyone or tell you what to do! I love hate threads, and this one is built on as solid a foundation as any :)

Now that WILL get me into trouble in here! :P

Well, as Musie said, eye-candy doesn't hurt. And as I said, I like how naive he is. I find it cute. But it can be seriously irritating. There are days where I only like him to look at, and days where I don't even want to see him. Like when he was being an ass to Jai for no particular reason, that was infuriating. I wanted to punch him in the face! But then I remembered how pretty he is and decided I should restrain myself; it would be a crime against nature to mess up that face. Besides looks, I do like Lincoln Lewis as an actor. I think he gets Geoff's doe-eyed innocence really well. And I haven't forgotten the gun-toting Geoff - that was Aden-grade awesome. The character has inconsistencies but I blame that more on the writers not knowing what to do with a Christian character - they think he has to be insane to be religious... but I think he's more or less being written well on that front nowadays. Still preachy, but not dooming all and sundry to Hell every five minutes :rolleyes:

And then there is Gaden (Geoff/Aden). I think that part of my appreciation speaks for itself :P It also amuses me to watch him squirm with Nicole, heh. I think I like him out of cruelty and a wish to see him corrupted more than anything lol. Which would explain my Voodoo Lagoon posts, I suppose :unsure:

Now, a reminder that I was asked to give these reasons. I am not trying to sway anyone or tell you what to do! I love hate threads, and this one is built on as solid a foundation as any :)

To be honest when Geoff first came to the show I didn't mind him. I respected how Aden was constantly baiting him and he didn't rise to it. I was actually pleased when he punched him in the face because I felt Aidan had it coming. However as I said, I find him extremely judgmental.

In some situations he sees things in black and white. I don't know where you are down under but in the UK Annie and Jai have only just got together and I don't like his attitude towards Jai. I know he was going through a bit of an "I'm invincible phase", but the guy had just lost one of his only friends (and recently his entire family) and he's being bullied yet Geoff was acting as though Jai was completely bad news and that was not the case.

Also, I feel he is not consistent with those he judges and those he doesn't. As someone said on another thread why was he prepared to see the good in Nicole and Tam but not Jai who had caused far less trouble than those two?

He is also supposed to be a Christian and Christianity teaches forgiveness yet it is clear that he will not forgive Aden for his behaviour towards him when they first met. On the subject of Christianity it will be interesting to find out if he and Nicole did actually sleep together on the Island, which I guess would make him a hypocrite.

And yes I would love to see him corrupted. Wouldn’t it be nice if he suddenly became a “Bad-Boy”?

Geoff just gets more annoying to watch with every episode.

When he first came on I did like him. I loved all the stuff involving his religious beliefs, even if I didn't really agree with his opinions most of the time, but it was very consistent. And they didn't just forget about it after a few weeks. But that is exactly what they have been doing for the last few months. His religion used to be a big part of who he is and now it seems like his religious beliefs are only brought up when certain storylines calls for it.

Another thing that gets to me is how he seems to be willing to forgive certain people because he believes that they deserve a second chance yet there are certain ones that he doesn't mind going on about how bad they are without waiting to find out more about them.

He seems to be following in the footsteps of Jack and Tony by becoming yet another ineffective, as LuvAden put it, guy who stands around with only one facial expression while getting overshadowed by the woman in his life.

Archived