Daddy (by I love music) - comments

I love music

That was very effective, and I like how you used the different view points to highlight the closeness of the family unit and to illustrate your basic premise. It was very believable and drew the reader in, which is always a good thing to be able to do.

Have a good holiday and come back full of even more creative energy :D

This is the first fic I have read in ages. And oh my god, it's one of the best! :o

The story was excellent and it was really lovely. I loved the different view points. It's very effective and it keeps you hooked. :D

I look forward to reading more of your fics, ILM. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Also the first fic I've read in ages... and one of the most moving :(

Beautiful... I do wish that we'd heard more about their lives as a young family before they came back to the Bay on screen, and love how you've written Ollie's memories of his father here - it has crossed my mind that with him being so young, his father will soon become a distant memory... nice to 'see inside' their heads like this :) Goes without saying I'd love to see more like this - have always loved your style of writing, ILM.

I just LOVE how you write about the Phillips boys...

but he knew his words had sailed out on the vast sea and the waves would search and search they reached his Daddy. The sea always found you if you loved it enough and his Daddy loved the sea. He said the sea spoke to you if you listened...

I loved that bit, it really stood out for me as my dad actually told me something very similar when I was a kid. I agree with everyone else about how you've written the different viewpoints, especially Kirsty and her feelings for Kane. The end was really really sweet.

Your writing is as poetic and lovely as ever ILM. Are you continuing this? or was it just a oneshot?

I just LOVE how you write about the Phillips boys...

but he knew his words had sailed out on the vast sea and the waves would search and search they reached his Daddy. The sea always found you if you loved it enough and his Daddy loved the sea. He said the sea spoke to you if you listened...

I loved that bit, it really stood out for me as my dad actually told me something very similar when I was a kid. I agree with everyone else about how you've written the different viewpoints, especially Kirsty and her feelings for Kane. The end was really really sweet.

Your writing is as poetic and lovely as ever ILM. Are you continuing this? or was it just a oneshot?

Adia!!!! :o:D Haven't seen you around here for ages. No, it's a oneshot. It's just something I wanted to write and something a bit short(ish) I could work on till I get back from hol and can work on SBH again. Tho, being an awkward sod, I want to work on SBH right now - probably because I hate packing and keep taking stuff out of the case and then putting other stuff in and now I think it's way too heavy - :( I won't get very much (if any) of any SBH done anyway as I'm leaving around lunchtime tomorow and it's much easier drinking tea and going on the internet instead... :)

ps My Mum came from a seaside town and told me something similar too! :)

Edited by I love music