The Olympics, 2008.

Guest stephyrose4

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dumb are you if you think you're gonna get away with drugging a horse that hasn't done so good earlier and then suddenly saves the bronze medal for the Norwegian equastrian team in the Olympic finale? Seriously! They know they drug test practically every horse at the olympics, and one of the team members are stupid enough to think he can get away with it? I'm sure the rest of the team are very happy with him. It kinda sucks more to have to give away the bronze medal after you've got it than it would have sucked if they never got it in the first place, which by the way nobody really expected them to.

On the other hand it looks like the Norwegian women's handball team is in the finale! I hope we get to see them in the final against Russie, those matches are always fun! :D

**** we lost the Hockey. I'm beyond peeved. I feel like throwing something. Stupid Spanish - they're so up themselves. I hope they lose against Germany.

Anyone else see the relay heats? A heap of teams dropped the baton, including both the men's and women's USA team. :o Pretty much half the teams were disqualified. Funny how China managed to get through. <_< I won't get started on that though.

I'm happy about the 4x100m women, because we (Belgium) won silver! First medal in these olympics (finally)! I got goosebumps when I was watching, esp. when Kim Gevaert almost won it. But the Russians were better. But the four ladies were really happy about their silver medal, esp. Kim gevaert after her deformed 100m. It was her last great championship, because she will quit in a month or so. Kim was a great sprinter. Everyone in Belgium will miss her I think.

Congratulations also to the Jamaican team, who won the 4x100m men in a world record! I think Jamaica really dominated all the sprintnumbers, men and women. They won 5 of the 6 sprintnumbers. Only the 4x100m women wasn't for Jamaica, but I think if everything went right they would have won it.

The olympics have been very good this year.

Usain Bolt has been the highlight for me - 3 gold medals and 3 world records - Go Jamaica

I keep thinking about if Usain didn't slow down in the 100m what his time would be!

Team GB has done really well even in the track and field. Good practise for 2012.

NORWAY'S WOMEN'S HANDBALL TEAM ARE OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS! :D

Seriously, that was one fantastic match, I was hoping we'd beat Russia, but I don't think ANYONE expected the girls to completely stomp on Russia throughout the entire game! I mean, if we don't count the first few minutes, Russia never got closer than five goals, and at one point we were up by 11 goals. Against Russia!

The funniest part was probably the coaches though, that's what always makes Norway-Russia matches funny, Marit Breivik (Norway) is always so calm you'd expect her to start knitting during the game, while Trefilov puts himself at risk of having a heart attack over at the Russian bench :lol:

That and the... interesting arrangment of our National anthem :P

Archived