Neighbours 2008 - A Change Is Coming!! NEW REVAMP!

Guest greg098

I guess thats fair enough, the problem was/is, the show looked and was shot the same way for such a long time that I'm sure they shot themselves in the foot. They used the same camera quality since 2000, and the music had been unchanged for almost 10 years, direction was the same...etc people got so accustomed to it all as Neighbours, so now what with moving into HD and changes in the music, the way the show is shot with their more adventurous' new camera techniques etc it will take time for people to get used to and accept.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess thats fair enough, the problem was/is, the show looked and was shot the same way for such a long time that I'm sure they shot themselves in the foot. They used the same camera quality since 2000, and the music had been unchanged for almost 10 years, direction was the same...etc people got so accustomed to it all as Neighbours, so now what with moving into HD and changes in the music, the way the show is shot with their more adventurous' new camera techniques etc it will take time for people to get used to and accept.

it's nothing to do with the camera angles, music etc. it's the loss of familiar characters such as the timmins, sky etc in my case and the additions of characters such as ned's ex and others that i can't stand.

it's nothing to do with the camera angles, music etc. it's the loss of familiar characters such as the timmins, sky etc in my case and the additions of characters such as ned's ex and others that i can't stand.

I agree. I hate the Parker family. They are boring. I miss the Timmins. It was always a laugh watching them. Great to see Lyn is back. Not sure how long she will be staying but great to have her back!

That whole period with the Timmins really turned me off the show, I did like some of the characters, but I think it was the first time ever I couldn't really connect with the show, I felt the whole 'era' was messy.

I loved the Timminses. I thought they were awesome. Maybe it's because I know people like that... They were obviously caricatures, and I can see that not working for a lot of people, but it worked for me. They were all such genuine and witty characters. I'd rather have over the top, trailer-trash larrikins than underwhelming, self-obsessed bores like the Parkers. (Ned and Stu excluded, obviously.) I still miss them all - Scottie and Dylan the most :(

I think to me it wasn't so much the characters, but the way the show was written and directed during that time and in turn that stopped me from getting into the characters so much.

The Parkers, I must admit they haven't really turned out how I expected.

I just don't know how Neighbours is going to turn around, I remember when I started watching Neighbours and I was hooked, I became such a huge fan and I never thought there would be a time when I said that Neighbours was boring me. Losing characters like Sky having Paul become a nice guy as well as incredibly boring characters like Marco have all contributed to the decline. I'll be hanging in there, i've watched it for too long to stop now but I really want to see an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't know how Neighbours is going to turn around, I remember when I started watching Neighbours and I was hooked, I became such a huge fan and I never thought there would be a time when I said that Neighbours was boring me. Losing characters like Sky having Paul become a nice guy as well as incredibly boring characters like Marco have all contributed to the decline. I'll be hanging in there, i've watched it for too long to stop now but I really want to see an improvement.

Wow, I completely agree. You have just spoken my exact thoughts, but I've kinda given up on the show now :(

Archived