Traffic Stopper

Guest Jen

Traffic Stopper

The Sydney Morning Herald

Andrew Taylor

January 29, 2008

Todd Lasance, actor on Home and Away

What was your first car? A black Nissan 180SX 1991 turbo. I was 19 years old and got a loan to buy it second-hand for $12,500. My best mate had one and I always had a bit of thing for it. I'm a little bit of a turbo lover and it's one of the fastest cars in that price range.

What are you driving now? A red Toyota Supra 1996 twin-turbo. Absolutely no doubt, this is the dream car I've always wanted. It's pretty much one of the quickest imported cars you can get. Once I had enough money, I hit the car yards to find a Supra. It's a fairly rare car, especially in Newcastle [Lasance's home town], so it turns heads when I drive it around. When I drive back home on the freeway, I can test the engine by hitting the speed limit - I never go over it, of course. But it's a good feeling to know I've got all that power under the bonnet. I guess it's a bit of a guy thing.

What's your ideal car? I'd go for the Ferrari 360 Modena. If I win Lotto, that's the one I'll snap up. It's a power trip but obviously a Ferrari commands respect. Yeah, it's every dude's dream to have a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini.

What's your favourite road trip? A couple of mates and I used to head out to Mudgee to visit a friend who has a property out there. It's totally country. We'd drive dirt bikes around and go hooning around ... a real boy's holiday.

What's your favourite bumper sticker? Dobbers get results.

What's your pet road peeve? I hate people who ride up your backside. That's a big, big annoyance. If I'm running late for work, hitting red traffic lights is frustrating.

What's your favourite car movie? Too Fast, Too Furious. I'm an imported-car man and the cars in that are pretty damn good.

Who taught you to drive? I learnt on an old Mazda Astina - my mum's car - but it was dad who taught me to drive. He was patient. Well, sometimes. He was good with tips. "Treat everyone on the road like they're idiots," he told me. I guess he meant you should always expect other drivers to make a mistake.

Better drivers - men or women? Oh, man, are you trying to get me into trouble? I can't say. My mum might read this. Or any future girlfriends.

Click link for picture and article: http://www.smh.com.au/news/drive-life/acto...1369124970.html

Who taught you to drive? I learnt on an old Mazda Astina - my mum's car - but it was dad who taught me to drive. He was patient. Well, sometimes. He was good with tips. "Treat everyone on the road like they're idiots," he told me. I guess he meant you should always expect other drivers to make a mistake.

Best peice of driving advice anyone can give you, lol.

Better drivers - men or women? Oh, man, are you trying to get me into trouble? I can't say. My mum might read this. Or any future girlfriends.

Hehe. ^_^ Love the pic with the car as well. Thanks Jen. :D

Archived