Soap star comes clean on undie role

Guest **Julie**

Soap star comes clean on undie role

Herald Sun

March 23 2008

HERE is the brief. Home and Away's Paul O'Brien has dropped his dacks and is looking to get into someone's undies.

The handsome soap star is keen to land a contract as the celebrity face of an underwear label.

In a highly unorthodox move, he has posed for a series of shots in his briefs to show undie makers that he has what it takes to be the face -- and body -- of a brand.

"My agent has got the pictures and is deciding what to do with them," O'Brien said.

"We are interested in chasing an endorsement. I am looking for someone to put their undies on me."

It is a bold move, but then blokes who usually land underwear campaigns aren't really shy, retiring types.

O'Brien was among a host of stars lending their support to the Good Friday Appeal at the Telstra Dome on Friday.

O'Brien, partnered with Jade MacRae on Channel 7's It Takes Two, is out of contract with Home and Away in October.

"I am really keen to see if Home and Away will want to hold on to me," he said.

The 2006 Logie winner for best new talent plans to return to London at the end of the year, having been booked for a panto production of Robin Hood.

*Snort.* That's... funny :D

On anyone else, this might look desperate and... weird... but Paul strikes me as a pretty outgoing guy who's just testing his luck and seeing where it'll take him. Good luck to him :P

Interesting that his contract's finally up. I wouldn't count on it being renewed. How many times can they hospitalize a character?? I think they've run out of places to go with him.

Interesting that his contract's finally up. I wouldn't count on it being renewed. How many times can they hospitalize a character?? I think they've run out of places to go with him.

I agree. And they must realise that a lot of viewers are getting thoroughly sick of the Jack and Martha saga, even some of those who were originally big JM fans. If Jodi's contract is up at the same time I'd say they'll leave together, but if not I can see them killing Jack off (after a reunion with Martha of course, just to up the kleenex quota!).

Seriously though, how arrogant do you have to be to do something like this? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously though, how arrogant do you have to be to do something like this? :blink:

He's not arrogant though i can see how it could come across that way.As Jem said,he's just having fun and seeing where it takes him.And are you trying to tell me you wouldn't want to see them :P:wub: ?

Archived