Earthquake!

Guest Dan F

I felt it. I was having a late night downstairs and just before 1am, I felt the chair (which I was sitting on) next to the sofa shake. It went on for about 10 seconds. At first, I thought I was just imagining it, however, when my mum came down from upstairs and said, ''This is going to sound daft, but did you feel like the ground was shaking?'', I thought it must have been an earthquake. Sure enough, I put the news on at about 2:30am and it was confirmed. At least there haven't been reports of any deaths. However, there have been a couple of injuries, so I just hope that those who have been hurt will make a speedy recovery.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I felt it. I live in Wales though and the earthquake didnt reach down this far apparantly but I still managed to feel it.

Everybody I asked about it all said they didnt feel it though so it seems like im the only one. It was sooo strange! I've never felt anything like it before. I was reading in bed and then my bed started shaking. It only lasted about 5 seconds though but it still scared the hell out of me. At the time I thought there was a ghost shaking my bed lmao! :blush: It wasnt until the next morning that I realised it was an earthquake. My bad!

Archived