Shortland Street

Guest Nathan

^Haha the end was crack up!

Yeah Vasa did like Luke before Zlata turned up.

Gabby and Chris <_< Agree with you again, Chris and Rachel are way better. Why can't the writers just leave Rachel and Chris alone!

Really hope Chris doesn't cheat on Rachel! But I have a feeling he will. :(

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shortland Street's season finale 2011

Household's across New Zealand will be drawing the curtains early and leaving the phone off the hook this week as Shortland Street gears up towards its Christmas cliffhanger episode.

It's become an annual tradition for Shortland Street fans, as each year we end with a thrilling Christmas cliffhanger episode and 2011 will be as gripping as ever.

The 2011 cliffhanger will see some of the year's biggest storylines come to a head and the lives of two of our most popular characters will be thrown into jeopardy when they get caught up into something should never have been part of.

"This year's Christmas cliffhanger sees the culmination of a long storyline showcasing the scourge of drugs in our society as Hunter (Lee Donoghue) battles with P," says Shortland Street producer Steven Zanoski.

"We have shown that drugs know no socio economic boundaries and even an educated medical student from a wealthy background can fall victim. The storyline has shown that drugs destroy lives and this year's cliff-hanger showcases this, all while providing us with some of the best performances of 2011."

With the 2011 cliffhanger set to be a game changer not only for Hunter but also the other residents of Ferndale, Shortland Street fans can begin to look forward to 2012 as the show celebrates its 20th Anniversary celebrations in May.

"2012 is going to be a big year for Shortland Street," says Zanoski.

"While we will pay homage to the stories and cast of the past, we are excited about reflecting with our audience and looking forward. Story wise, be prepared for a shake up in the hierarchy of the hospital at every level, new romantic liaisons will be established and old favourites revisited, all while bringing you the freshest cast on New Zealand TV."

Don't miss an action packed week as we head towards a thrilling final episode for 2011 on Friday 16 December .

I have a really bad feeling that something is going to happen to Daniel in the final :( All his attempts at getting away have been unsuccessful, maybe its just me but i see that as a sign.

Hopefully there will be no more embarrassing moments for Luke and Bella. Had to laugh when Murray was one of the first on the scene after Bellas wardrobe malfunction :lol:

Chris! He better not kiss Gabby tonight! I will be so f***ed off if he does!

I think Shorty has done such a great job with Hunter and his addiction, can't wait to see how it's going to play out tonight and for the rest of the week!

So looking forward to the finale! (:

OMFG! I don't want Jill or Dan to die :(

I'm so hoping that those candles in Maxwell's flat somehow get tipped over and either Chris or Gabby die!

I officially hate Chris now! Poor Rachel.

Wonder what Ula is planning to do? since she told Nic that she's not pregnant.

All i have to say is :o.

I really wasn't expecting Jill and Daniel to both get injured. The final high angle shot made the whole episode in my opinion. The statement it made, with Hunter crying out holding an unconsious Jill, Daniel also lying next to them unconsious as well as the police sirens gave such a dramatic effect. I really hope they both survive, otherwise it seems Hunter would have a lot more than just a drug addiction to deal with.

And Ula is pregnant, i'm guessing she's going to get rid of it if she hasn't told Tom or her parents and then she told Nicole she wasn't. I'm looking forward to see how that turns out.

It looks like something is going to happen with the candles at the flat, maybe someones clothes catch fire, i don't know, it just seems to give that idea.

Can't wait for it to return :D

I really wasn't expecting Jill and Daniel to both get injured. The final high angle shot made the whole episode in my opinion. The statement it made, with Hunter crying out holding an unconsious Jill, Daniel also lying next to them unconsious as well as the police sirens gave such a dramatic effect. I really hope they both survive, otherwise it seems Hunter would have a lot more than just a drug addiction to deal with.

Yeah I agree, it was brilliant the way they did that - slowly zooming out then stopping and capturing the whole scene and hearing the sirens and the cops getting out of their cars in the background. I was actually expecting Hunter to get stabbed when he was trying to push that guy out of the way. So I was so shocked when Jill turned around and got stabbed!

When Daniel got smacked across the head by Bailey and lay bleeding on the floor i thought that he was going to be the one that dies :( Then right at the end Jill ended up being stabbed and was bleeding in Hunters arms :o Now we have to wait a month to see which one dies or whether they both survive. Though i am pretty sure the TV Guide said that someone was going to die :(

The Chris and Gabrielle storyline was predictable and stupid. I know Chris has been around since day one but its almost like they have run out of story ideas for him.

Will be interesting to see what Ula does regarding her pregnancy. I think she knows that Tom will do a runner if he finds out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Evan ends up being caught up in the whole thing (Ula ends up sleeping with him and claims that hes the father).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived