Tim Campbell Comes Out

Guest Dan F

Wow, never expected that. I thought all the talk about it was just rumours. But good on him for coming out.

He seems like the sweetest guy, so i hope that this doesnt affect his work. I'd miss him if he disappeared from our screens completely.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happier for him having the good sense to end the speculation and get it over with if that article didn't say that he's broken up with his partner of 11 years... jeez. That's just... sad :(. I hope they're both okay... *Gives Tim hugs, especially for still worrying about his ex...* :(

Crud. I've been drawn into the seedy world of caring about celebrity relationships and their personal lives. Crud!

My experience of living in both the UK and Australia is that sadly Australia is a little more homophobic than the UK.... not overtly so..... but there is an unspoken undercurrent..... It's also rumoured that the network's don't like it ....as they kept the wraps on other gay actors "coming out" because they were terrified it would affect their precious ratings. The mere fact that someone has to "come out" speaks volumes really... one should not have to... until we have a society where sexuality is not questioned but is accepted ... and where people are free to be who and what they are without prejudice then we can not really call ourselves equal or free.

Well said Frankie. I agree that someone shouldn't have to make a public annoucement they are gay. You are who you are and that shouldn't make any difference to what people think and feel about you, but sadly people do change there opinions. Hopefully one day it won't be new worthy is someone is gay, straight, bi, transexual etc etc

Why are people shcoked? Why are people saying he seems like such a sweet guy? He is exactly the same guy he was before this news broke. A nice decent, funny talented bloke. If it affects his work then its the public and the business who are letting it, and we ought not to let it. Stand up and be counted. Give a thumbs up to the bigots of this world.

I was shocked and still am. Though real fans stick by the celeb no matter what. He is a great guy and very sweet and funny and he deserves all the best. If he doesn't get many jobs because of this than that is just stupid. He is still the same. He can still act sing and dance. Like he will be doing Sunday night at Adelaide Carols! Good on you Tim! My respect and admiration for you will never change.

Its a shame, Tim hid this for so many years. People should not have to hide there sexuality. They should be able to be out and proud,about it.Esp in this day and age. I really hope this does not effect Tim's career, As he is such a fantasic person.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Good that he's out, like people say you shouldn't have to hide your sexuality!

My experience of living in both the UK and Australia is that sadly Australia is a little more homophobic than the UK.... not overtly so..... but there is an unspoken undercurrent..... It's also rumoured that the network's don't like it ....as they kept the wraps on other gay actors "coming out" because they were terrified it would affect their precious ratings. The mere fact that someone has to "come out" speaks volumes really... one should not have to... until we have a society where sexuality is not questioned but is accepted ... and where people are free to be who and what they are without prejudice then we can not really call ourselves equal or free.

Hah, and the mystery of the lack of on-screen love between Geoff&Lucas and Robbie&Kim suddenly made so much more sense. Who would have thought even Norway has come further with this when it comes to soaps... Usually we're the stuck up, concerned, conservative ones...

Also I really agree with what you say about the fact that people have to come out. In one way I can see it, cause you can't deny the fact that the majority of people aren't homosexual. On the other hand the majority of people IS more or less bisexual... I definitely agree though, it shouldn't be necessary. I showed a video clip from Queer as Folk to my Culture&Communication class to illustrate why I can't see the thing about why who you fall in love with should matter. I showed a clip where one of the character has to come out as straight to his gay foster parents, and then them later doubting their parental abilities because of this. You can't help but think it's a bit funny, but basically all they've done is turn around a situation that has become kind of the cliché of gay storylines on TV, and made it the opposite. It's still the same thing, but they just switch the roles when it comes to sexuality, and if you ask me that's simply a brilliant way to make that point. I'm sorry if that didn't make sense.

Archived