Packed to the Rafters

Guest Dan F

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article here

Packed to the Rafters' Jessica Marias quits top show

PACKED To The Rafters golden girl Jessica Marais has left the award-winning show that made her a household name.

In a stunning blow to Seven's top-rating series, Marais has flown to the US on an open-ended ticket in the hopes of snaring overseas work and shot her final scenes on Rafters last Monday.

It is understood the 25-year-old silver Logie winner has shot enough footage to keep her on Aussie screens until about June before the storyline explains her departure. It will not involve her death, as producers are leaving the door open in the event she returns to the show.

Marais' on-screen boyfriend and off-screen fiance James Stewart has remained in Sydney and continues filming on Rafters, with no immediate plans to leave the series.

"After four seasons, Jess is taking a break from Rafters to explore some other acting opportunities," a Seven spokesman told The Daily Telegraph yesterday. "Creatively, it's great to stretch and grow as an actor.

"She has Seven's full support and will always be a part of the Rafter and Seven family."

It is understood Marais is currently in Los Angeles to secure US representation and to try her luck in the annual TV "pilot" season.

:o:o

Wow, they are right when they call this a "stunning blow"!

Rachel is my favourite Rafter by far, and I will be so gutted to see her go! :(

I am only halfway through season 2 so far, and now I've got Sammy,Mel and now Rachel's exits to look forward to, and it is quite depressing to be honest. All three characters are amazing, and they will all leave a massive hole in the show for me, particularly Rachel!

This is just horrible news for Rafters fans :(

:o I understand that if she didn't go now, she may never get another opportunity to. But, why leave a show that is excellent for her exposure and is giving her constant employment? Nevertheless, I wish her heaps of goodluck and success in the US! She is very talented so no doubt she will do well. She will definitely be missed!!

• 4 weeks later...

They are advertising this weeks episode is the season finale how can it be? Its only been on since Febuary its March it dosent make any sense. I don't watch it any more because its on the same time as Pretty Little Liars so Im going to wait for it to come on DVD. Is this a sign season 4 will be the last?

Archived