Eurovision 2008: Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest Cal

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the selection happened today. :) Here is the outcome...

The following countries will be represented in the first Semi-Final, on Tuesday, 20th of May:

Montenegro - Hopefully will do a bit better than last year

Finland - Looking forward to see what they send to Europe.

Greece - Please not another Helen Parpa4787jdonsbfnd (woops) wannabe. :P

Ireland - Won't stand a chance...

Israel - Their singer has a great voice. Might do well.

Poland - I hope they don't send the crap they did last year.

Bosnia & Herzegovina - Meh. Always good.

Estonia - Not always the best, but they could do well.

the Netherlands - Last year's song put me to sleep, let's hope that doesn't happen this year...

Romania - Always has catchy stuff

Moldova - Who? :P *joke*

San Marino - Don't even know why they bothered to enter, they're landlocked by Italy and half of Europe don't even know they exist.

Slovenia - Please send Alenka again. I loved that song last year.

Norway - One good country, thank Christ.

Belgium - Hope they do well. If they win, I'm definitely going next year.

Andorra - They won't stand a chance, but their songs are good. Me loves "Sense Tu" form 2006.

Armenia - Never was mad about their entries, but they always seem to do well.

Azerbaijan - First-timer! Hope they get a good result.

Russia - Most likely will get in to the final and in to the top 3.

The following countries will be represented in the second Semi-Final, on Thursday, 22nd of May:

Croatia - Never remember their entries...

Denmark - Please not another Drama Queen.

Bulgaria - Hopefully a ballad.

Portugal - Never do well. But I wish they'd get in to the final.

Ukraine - No more Teletubbies, thank you.

Switzerland - Good entry. Might stand a chance.

FYR Macedonia - Always have a catchy song.

Iceland - I hope the Wannabemo(wannabe emo) get's through. His song is Euro Trash.

Cyprus - Awful. Please don't send that song.

Latvia - Mever really liked their entries...

Belarus - Please NOT another Dima lookalike.

Hungary - Yep.

Albania - Like like like a lot.

Sweden - Who doesn't like them?!

Turkey - I don't want to see a stage full of women wearing napkins. Pleeease try something different.

Lithuania - .......

Georgia - Did well last year....

Czech Republic - Have a good chance...

Malta - Eh.....NO!

____

Gah, Ireland has the worst group! :P We have Russia though, I always like their songs. ^_^

Aw you're coming to Belgium if we win. How nice! :)

Thank you for posting the selection. :) Norway, Ireland and Belgium are all performing on the same night. That should be good. :P

Last night, we had our 1st pre-selection. Katy Satyn and Brahim are going to the semi-finals. I like Brahim's song, he's had better songs but I like it.

Gah, Ireland has the worst group! :P We have Russia though, I always like their songs. ^_^

Ah, Callie, m'dear, when exactly was the last time Norway had a decent entry? No need to suck up, you already know I like you :P

And seriously, with the semi finale entries this year I don't think anyone had anything to worry about, I'm sure we'll stay put in our spot of victory; as the country with 'nul points' most times :P

Aw you're coming to Belgium if we win. How nice!

Thank you for posting the selection. Norway, Ireland and Belgium are all performing on the same night. That should be good.

Last night, we had our 1st pre-selection. Katy Satyn and Brahim are going to the semi-finals. I like Brahim's song, he's had better songs but I like it.

Yup, I always wanted to go to Brussles. ^_^ Looks really nice!

Gah, Ireland has the worst group! We have Russia though, I always like their songs.

Ah, Callie, m'dear, when exactly was the last time Norway had a decent entry? No need to suck up, you already know I like you.

And seriously, with the semi finale entries this year I don't think anyone had anything to worry about, I'm sure we'll stay put in our spot of victory; as the country with 'nul points' most times

Eli-phant*, m'dear, Europe may think your entries suck... but I think they rock. Hellloooo, Wigwam '05 and that wierd elf song '06 - HELL YEAH! (Also Nocturne in 1995 :P)

*Don't get mad at me! I just liked the sound if it!

Eli, have a little faith in your country! :)

Why? Have you heard our songs? :P

Cal, I'll agree with you on Wigwam in '05 and Nocturne in '95. Sure the elf thing was okay, but other than that we haven't really got much to brag about.

But hey, maybe the trolls will make it to Belgrade and convince Europe :P

Archived