Eurovision 2008: Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest Cal

Anybody see the new Eurovison website that was launched today? C'est trés belle! :D

I've just seen it. You're right! C'est très beau! :P

I wonder who's going to represent Belgium this year. :unsure: We probably won't get very far. The last time we won was in 1986. :(

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody see the new Eurovison website that was launched today? C'est trés belle!

I've just seen it. You're right! C'est très beau! :P

I wonder who's going to represent Belgium this year. :unsure: We probably won't get very far. The last time we won was in 1986. :(

Dammit, I wasn't sure if it was Belle or Beau. :P

Belgium always have catchy songs. Kate Ryan 2006! Woo! :D

^ I like Kate Ryan's song too.

The candidates sent by the Flemish channel are usually better than the ones sent by the French-speaking channel. I didn't like last year's contestant. Their song was called Love Power or something like that.

This year, it's the Flemish channel's turn. We won't know who will represent Belgium until March 9th. The pre-selections start on January 27th. They are 4 pre-selections, then 2 semifinals and then the final of course. They are some great singers who are going to go for it. So, I hope our contestant will be good this year. :)

^ I like Kate Ryan's song too.

The candidates sent by the Flemish channel are usually better than the ones sent by the French-speaking channel. I didn't like last year's contestant. Their song was called Love Power or something like that.

This year, it's the Flemish channel's turn. We won't know who will represent Belgium until March 9th. The pre-selections start on January 27th. They are 4 pre-selections, then 2 semifinals and then the final of course. They are some great singers who are going to go for it. So, I hope our contestant will be good this year. :)

Oh, that's right - the Flemish and the Wallonians take turns. (Is it the Wallonians? Or is it Flanders? I'm never sure of it...)

I hope our entry is good. Last year's was dire and absolute rubbish. <_<

In Belgium, you have the Walloons, the Flemish and the inhabitants of Brussels. We have 3 regions: Wallonia, Flanders and the Brussels-Capital Region.

Flanders is the Dutch-speaking region. :)

The candidates can't always be good, Cal! :P

Oh. As you can see, my geography isn't very good. :blush::lol:

I should be good with Belgium, I'm studying it for my exams. ^_^ Don't worry about knowing anything about this country, it's not worth trying to learn - way too complicated. :)

I hope this will be next year's logo:

ireland.jpg

(I particularly like how the Unionists Orange is shoved into a corner and the Republican's Green is showing a lot)

:P

Archived