Eurovision 2008: Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest Cal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody see the new Eurovison website that was launched today? C'est trés belle! :D

Any Carola lovers here? It looks like she is in the Eurosong for Sweden....again. :P So she is probably going to win that.

A few songs have been chosen already. Switzerland's entry is ok-ish. It's in Italian too. Albania's entry is purdy. They've all gone for the ballad this year, unfortunately. Don't listen to Armenia's entry, it's a waste of 3 minutes. :P

The song was called 'Molitva' or something. Have no clue what it actually means. :P

It was a well deserved win, but unexpected at the same time. :)

Molitva = Destiny. I love that song. :D

You can get the English version on youtube and also it can be downloaded on iTunes. I wanna download it but my mam will kill me if I download anymore songs using her credit card! :lol:

Can't wait for Eurovision this year! :)

^I'm quite excited about it too. Eurovision week is always great fun! I finish school on the 16th May, so I'll be well able to watch the shows and study at the same time. :D

For the first time ever, Ireland are holding a Eurosong like most other European countries. It's so much better than having one band perform songs and we have to pick the best song, even if we hate the artist. :P We don't have to listen to Pat 'the plank' Kenny anymore. Yay!

I really hope Iceland get to the finals this year, I feel so sorry for them. :P

Who won this year? I don't remember.

Exactly! :D I found last years winner quite dreary.....Scooch were robbed!!

And Carola again?! :o I loved her last entry so lets hope she gets through again with something equally amazing...!

This new format confuses me....if only 5 countries have automatically qualified does that mean that only the winner from last year automatically qualifies along with the "big four"? :blink:

Okay, here is how the format works.

5 countries are in the final - UK (technically, that's 4 countries :P), Germany, Spain, France and Serbia. Every other country is then in a semi-final. There are 2 semi's this year. Your state broadcaster can only air the semi-final that you are in. 9 songs in each semi-final are selected by tele-voting, but a back-up jury picks 1 song to go through to the final also, so the 10 are through. (Don't worry, I've just confused myself too)

When the whole contest is over, next years finalists will be the 'big four' and this years winner. Every other country has to go through the semi-finals next year regardless of their position on the score board.

How does that Eurosong thingy work? :unsure: I don't get it..

It's quite a detailed format, and I know I can't explain it well :lol: All info is here

Um, has anybody seen the Turkish entry? I find it weird that they send girls with hardly any clothes to these contests, but if they reveal themselves (like they do at this contest) on the streets of Turkey... they get put in to jail.... Maybe Turkey has changed over the past few years, but I find it strange. :P

Archived