Eurovision 2008: Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest Cal

On the 1st of March, the United Kingdom will pick its 2008 Eurovision Song Contest entry. Claudia Winkleman and Sir Terry Wogan will lead the public through the process of taking this highly important decision!

Apologies if already knew

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday it was heat 4 in Belgium. This was also the last heat and it was a good heat, better than the third one!

First and winner of this heat: Sandrine with I feel the same way . It's like Amy Winehouse and it's really good. I think it has a great chance to win the Belgian pre-selections. She also goes to the next round ofcourse.

Second and also going to the next round: Paranoiacs with Shout it out. I love this song. It's my genre and it's my favorite of the fourth heat. Great rock! I want them in Belgrade!

Third and fourth: A butterfly mind with lonely heart on wheels and Elisa with around the world became third and fourth. I don't like A butterfly mind, and that's all I've got to say about them! But I loved Elisa; it's a typical Eurosong song, but it's a very good one. Everything about it is good; act, song.. (Did you know Elisa is only 16 years old? :o She is beautiful and a great singer and she is only 16! :o )

Fifth: Francesco Palmeri with Vagabundo. Also a great song; it makes me happy! But he became fifth, so it's over for him.

This was the final heat before the semi-finals. But there were also 2 wild-cars. A butterfly mind and Tabitha Cycon got those two wild-cards for the semi-finals. After the two semi-finals, there is the finale and then we'll know who will present Belgian in Belgrade.

First semi-final

Tanja Dexters

Nelson

Paranoiacs

A butterfly mind

Katy Satyn

Second semi-final

Geena Lisa

Tabitha Cycon

Sandrine

Ishtar

Brahim

So, who do you think that has to win?

The six acts competing to represent the UK at this year's Eurovision Song Contest have been revealed.

Former EastEnders actress Michelle Gayle and X Factor star Andy Abraham will sing for the chance to perform in Belgrade on May 24.

Reality stars Rob McVeigh, who appeared on Any Dream Will Do, and Simona Armstrong, a finalist on How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?, will also compete on Eurovision - Your Decision, the BBC's two-part Eurovision Trial.

The lineup is completed by a pair of girl groups, The Revelations and LoveShy.

Eurovision - Your Decision, presented by Terry Wogan and Claudia Winkleman, will air on BBC One in March.

Only the four most popular acts from the first programme will progress to the second, with the winner being selected by public vote.

(From DS)

Would love to see Rob do it.

So, who do you think that has to win?

I hope Ishtar or A Butterfly Mind win. I wish Elisa would have gotten through, because I really miss a good, typical eurovision song (notice I said good, Tanja/Katy/Geena are not good :P). Sandrine and Nelson are quite good too!

The Paranoiacs, don't get me started <_< I can live with them, but ugh, they annoy me so much. They're so full of themselves, and it doesn't suit them :P

Archived