Dates:

Final

24 May 2008

Semi-final(s)

20 May 2008 (SF 1)

22 May 2008 (SF 2)

Who is in which Semi-final?

SF 1 - 20 May 2008

Montenegro, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Poland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Netherlands, Romania, Moldova, San Marino, Slovenia, Norway, Belgium, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia

SF 2 - 22 May 2008

Croatia, Denmark, Bulgaria, Portugal, Ukraine, Switzerland, FYR Macedonia, Iceland, Latvia, Belarus, Hungary, Albania, Sweden, Turkey, Lithuania, Georgia, Czech Republic, Malta

The national selections

Andorra: Gisela - Casanova

Azerbaijan: Elnur Hüseynov & Samir Javadzadeh - Day after day

Belgium: Ishtar - O julisi na jalini

Estonia: Kreisiraadio - Leto svet

Finland: Teräsbetoni - Missä miehet ratsastaa

Ireland: Dustin the Turkey - Irlande Douze Points

Israel: Bo'az Ma'uda - Ke'ilo kan

Moldova: Geta Burlacu - A Century of Love

Montenegro: Stefan Filipović - Zauvijek volim te

Norway: Maria Haukaas Storeng - Hold On Be Strong

Poland: Isis Gee - For Life

Romania: Nico & Vlad Mirita - Pe-o Margine De Lume

Russia: Dima Bilan - Believing

San Marino: Mi Odio - Complice

Slovenia: Rebeka Dremelj - Vrag naj vzame

Albania: Olta Boka - Zemrën lamë peng

Belarus: Ruslan Alekhno - Hasta la Vista

Croatia: Kraljevi Ulice & 75 Cents - Romanca

Cyprus: Evdokia Kadi - Femme fatale

Czech Republic: Tereza Kerndlová - Have some fun

Denmark: Simon Mathew - All night long

FYR Macedonia: Tamara, Vrcak & Adrian - Vo Ime Na Ljubovta

Georgia: Diana Gurtskaya - Peace Will Come

Hungary: Csézy - Candlelight

Iceland: Euroband - This Is My Life

Latvia: Pirates of the Sea - Wolf of the Sea

Lithuania: Jeronimas Milius - Nomads In The Night

Portugal: Vânia Fernandes - Senhora do mar

Switzerland: Paolo Meneguzzi - Era stupendo

Turkey: Mor ve Ötesi - Deli

Germany: No Angels - Disappear

Spain: Rodolfo Chikilicuatre - Baila El Chiki Chiki.

Serbia: Jelena Tomašević - Oro

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Not that anybody actually cares :P ...

logo.jpg

Belgrade Arena:

belgrade_arena_4.jpg

The stage will be located at the same place as the current construction in the back of the venue.

Israel sends pop idol winner

Israel, the winner of the 1978, 1979 and 1998 editions of the contest, will be represented by Boaz MAUDA who won the latest edition of the local casting show Kochav Nolad. Boaz MAUDA will perform 5 songs in a televised national final in February and televoters and a special jury will decide about the winner. Boaz - who is of Yeminite origin - has always said that it was a lifelong dream of his to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest and he hopes to continue his success with a good placing in Belgrade in May. The odds of this are very good: in 1978 and 1998 Israeli singers with Yeminite roots managed to win the Eurovision Song Contest!

Leading female singer for Armenia

Armenian television hopes to charm the European audience with the popular SIRUSHO who's seen as the leading female singer in her home country. Just like the Israeli singer Baoz MAUDA, Sirusho HARUTYUNYAN will have her own national final in January or February on Armenian television. She will perform several songs there which will be selected at a later stage. The 20-year-old singer released her first album in 1999 and her second one Sheram was published in 2005. For this, she managed to win the categories Best Album and Best Female Singer in the Armenian National Music Awards. Sirusho HARUTYUNYAN also had the opportunity to present her music outside of Armenia as she gave concerts in eg. the USA, Canada, Russia and Greece. Armenia finished 8th in the 2006 and 2007 Eurovision Song Contests - will Sirusho even top these great results?

I used to love watching the Eurovision song contest. But now, I think it's more a political thing. Most of the time people vote for their neighbouring countries (especially East European countries) and not for the songs or the artists.

Besides now, it's more about stealing the show with costumes, masks and stuff than about the songs.

Look at Lordi a few years ago. They were dressed like monsters and I still think they won partly because of that. But we've never heard of them after their song Hard Rock Hallelujah. Maybe they're still popular in Finland and some other countries but not elsewhere.

This was not the case for Abba, Celine Dion, France Gall or Johnny Logan for instance. We heard other songs from those artists and some of them were really good.

So it's not that I don't care but I don't see the point anymore.

I hope the new revised format will work better.

The eurovision song contest used to be so much fun, ok it was cheesy, but it was great saturday night tv. I used to sit with the bowl of munchies and look forward to the outrageous costumes and the camped up songs but now i agree that it is totally political. No matter what the UK enters we hardly receive any points. Its just not worth watching anymore, what's the point :angry:

The same applies to all the other countries, they all vote for their neighbours.

Who won this year? I don't remember.

Serbia. :)

The eurovision song contest used to be so much fun, ok it was cheesy, but it was great saturday night tv. I used to sit with the bowl of munchies and look forward to the outrageous costumes and the camped up songs but now i agree that it is totally political. No matter what the UK enters we hardly receive any points. Its just not worth watching anymore, what's the point :angry:

The same applies to all the other countries, they all vote for their neighbours.

With this new semi-final format, they are hoping that that won't happen. Countries can only air the semi-final that they are in, therefore they can only vote in one. Also, a judging panel picks 1 song in the semi-final to go through to the final after the others have been voted through by tele-voting. :D

Archived