The Parkers-Most annoying family Ever!

Guest Danifan

Am i the only person who already hates this family? Personally i think they are all awful. Having them related to Ned wasn't the best start considering Ned and his so called brother don't seem to have anything remotely similar about them. The actors are really wooden (worse than Rachel and Zeke when they first arrived!!!) and they are all incredibly dull, unlikeable characters, even the son who hasn't appeared yet here in the UK but the clips i've seen of him, he's no great new addition to the cast. Miranda is by far the worst. Annoying, snobby with no warmth or humour about her so she's not very endearing. The father (Steve is it?) just looks bored all the time and i really can't see his character being all that interesting. Didge/Bridget whatever the hell she's called reminds me of annoying Hannah Martin except maybe a bit more whiney and childish. Personally i think the baby kangeroo could out act all of them put together. None of them are remotely likeable or interesting.

If the writers producers got rid of the Bishops and the Timmins to make space for these lot then i'm not surprised ratings aren't doing that well. With all the characters that are leaving, Neighbours are going to struggle with this family to rely on to keep viewers interest. If all there is to look foward to when Neighbours moves to Five is Miranda's whining about how brilliant she is then i think i'll just stop watching.

Sorry to anyone who likes them but i think they are a very weak bunch of characters. Not keen on Rebecca Napier either. <_<

The Parkers feel to me like they're the symbol of Neighbours "going back to it's roots" or whatever it is. Bridget being a tomboy, wanting to play football, refusing to wear a dress or paint her nails (because I think someone threatened to do it to her once), and carrying a baby kangaroo around just screams 80s/90s Neighbours to me for some reason. As does the father being the local vet, and an all-round nice guy. They're a real down-to-earth family without the gimics, and I suppose that's what would make them boring if you wanted to look at it that way. They don't seem to quite fit with the rest of the street (who are still slightly deranged and evil, despite being sorry and trying to turn themselves around) although Bridget has intergrated nicely with the younger cast.

I like Ned and I liked how different he was from Stu, but I don't really buy the Parkers as being his family. I tend to view them more as "family friends" or something, where they've known Ned all his life but not really been that close. I don't watch it all the time, so maybe there are times where the connection between them has been stronger, but I haven't seen it.

I wish they weren't related to Ned. I find the Parker family 'fake' now, after all the additions they've had to it. First Drew, then Stu came along. Drew died and Ned appeared to be Stu's long lost brother. Stu left and now Steve replaces another long lost brother.

It would of been eaiser to accept them if Steve was maybe cousins with Ned and co. But yeah.

In these Australian episodes, I don't know what to think of them. Giving them a storyline this early (the Kennedy vs. Parkers) I'm finding them very selfish, or perhaps Miranda. They're using up alot of air time and before I know it, they're going to remind me of the Sutherlands and we all know what happened with them.

They seemed okay in the beginning... But now... I only wonder where they're going to end up.

Bridget and Riley are biological brother and sister, and yes they were both adopted, but because Riley was older, he felt like the Parkers only really wanted Bridget and that they were just stuck with him because they didn't want to break them up, which is why he hasn't been so close to them.

Well I think they are really really great, a fantastic addition to the cast. Well written, likable, humorous - Miranda is a very funny character imo, kinda ditzy. I don’t see them as snobs at all.

I think this storyline is fantastic, Im impressed with the direction the writers have taken, instead of having the Kennedy's and Parkers become all lovey dovey and close, we have this happen, Miranda is being very stubborn granted, but I think it works best this way, you have to remember they've only known the Kennedy's all of 5 mins, so its very believable they would have doubts and section themselves off.

I agree Miranda is being very stubborn about forgiving Susan, but I think it makes things more interesting this way. What I like is that the writers have covered all aspects with this, we have every characters perspective being shown, so we totally understand why The Parkers feel the way they do, as we do the Kennedy's.... its brave for the writers to have put a new family 'against' the most popular characters on the show, but I think it makes fantastic drama!

I don’t think they ‘fit in’ with the street yet because the writers are spacing things out at a ‘real’ pace so to speak. They are a new family in a street, and rather than having them best pals with everyone within a few months, they are going down the more realistic route…the same can be said for the Napier’s too.

Am i the only person who already hates this family? Personally i think they are all awful. Having them related to Ned wasn't the best start considering Ned and his so called brother don't seem to have anything remotely similar about them. The actors are really wooden (worse than Rachel and Zeke when they first arrived!!!) and they are all incredibly dull, unlikeable characters, even the son who hasn't appeared yet here in the UK but the clips i've seen of him, he's no great new addition to the cast. Miranda is by far the worst. Annoying, snobby with no warmth or humour about her so she's not very endearing. The father (Steve is it?) just looks bored all the time and i really can't see his character being all that interesting. Didge/Bridget whatever the hell she's called reminds me of annoying Hannah Martin except maybe a bit more whiney and childish. Personally i think the baby kangeroo could out act all of them put together. None of them are remotely likeable or interesting.

If the writers producers got rid of the Bishops and the Timmins to make space for these lot then i'm not surprised ratings aren't doing that well. With all the characters that are leaving, Neighbours are going to struggle with this family to rely on to keep viewers interest. If all there is to look foward to when Neighbours moves to Five is Miranda's whining about how brilliant she is then i think i'll just stop watching.

Sorry to anyone who likes them but i think they are a very weak bunch of characters. Not keen on Rebecca Napier either. <_<

I notice your from the UK – it’s a bit too soon to be judging the new characters surely, you don’t know them yet, they haven’t done anything!

Bridget and Riley are biological brother and sister, and yes they were both adopted, but because Riley was older, he felt like the Parkers only really wanted Bridget and that they were just stuck with him because they didn't want to break them up, which is why he hasn't been so close to them.

Thanks Emmasi :) Would explain why Riley and Bridget are so close. I like them too.

Archived