The Parkers-Most annoying family Ever!

Guest Danifan

I don’t think they ‘fit in’ with the street yet because the writers are spacing things out at a ‘real’ pace so to speak. They are a new family in a street, and rather than having them best pals with everyone within a few months, they are going down the more realistic route…the same can be said for the Napier’s too.

I don't mean that the characters aren't fitting in with other characters. Like you said, they're new and it's only natural for everyone to be a bit standoffish until they know each other better. I mean that the Parkers don't fit in with the tone of the show as it's been for the past few years. They've got an old school vibe, which is what I think the writers have been wanting to get back to. The Napiers on the other hand are new school; they came onto the scene as a kidnapping, home invading, angry young man, and a mother with a dark and terrible past that she was determined to escape from, even if it meant mixing up the Robinsons in a paternity case and a possible incest storyline to appease her personal demons... There's nothing particularly down to earth about that. The Parkers on the other hand seem to be representing your average family with nothing super exciting going on in their lives, and nothing unusual about them. The drama they provide comes from realistic family tensions, with Riley feeling unwanted and Bridget feeling smothered, and the parents not knowing how to find a happy medium. I like both new families, but I think they are very, VERY different. Putting Bridget and Declan together is genius :)

I wish they weren't related to Ned. I find the Parker family 'fake' now, after all the additions they've had to it. First Drew, then Stu came along. Drew died and Ned appeared to be Stu's long lost brother. Stu left and now Steve replaces another long lost brother.

Drew wasn't a Parker. Stuart was Drew's friend - he was the first Parker on the show. Stuart's brother Steve or 'Steveo' was mentioned numerous times during his stint on the show. Ned wasn't mentioned, I'll grant you but Steve certainly was.

I don’t think they ‘fit in’ with the street yet because the writers are spacing things out at a ‘real’ pace so to speak. They are a new family in a street, and rather than having them best pals with everyone within a few months, they are going down the more realistic route…the same can be said for the Napier’s too.

I don't mean that the characters aren't fitting in with other characters. Like you said, they're new and it's only natural for everyone to be a bit standoffish until they know each other better. I mean that the Parkers don't fit in with the tone of the show as it's been for the past few years. They've got an old school vibe, which is what I think the writers have been wanting to get back to. The Napiers on the other hand are new school; they came onto the scene as a kidnapping, home invading, angry young man, and a mother with a dark and terrible past that she was determined to escape from, even if it meant mixing up the Robinsons in a paternity case and a possible incest storyline to appease her personal demons... There's nothing particularly down to earth about that. The Parkers on the other hand seem to be representing your average family with nothing super exciting going on in their lives, and nothing unusual about them. The drama they provide comes from realistic family tensions, with Riley feeling unwanted and Bridget feeling smothered, and the parents not knowing how to find a happy medium. I like both new families, but I think they are very, VERY different. Putting Bridget and Declan together is genius :)

Ah I see what you mean, I agree! I think both familles are awesome! Also a Didge and Dec fan!

I think Didge and Dec have great chemistry, but something that I read about the writers trying to recreate the teen gang from the late 90s suggests that she may end up with Zeke. Think about it: Billy = Ringo, Anne = Rachel, Lance = Zeke, Amy = Bridget, Toadie = Declan. Maybe they are breaking from formula with Declan and Bridget, but I'm not sure, since Zeke and Bridget's friendship on the footy field suggests the foundation for a relationship later. But then, that leaves Declan without anyone.

If they want to recreate the Neighbours magic then they should look at changing the storylines not getting in a load of boring characters that add nothing to the show. They need to get the neighbourhood feel back and stop all the petty feuds because they are really annoying. With so many strong characters leaving the Parkers seem too weak and dull to fill the void and in Miranda's case far to full of herself and irrating to become a favourite. As long as all their storylines cener around the kangeroo and none of them they might be ok. :lol:

Plus Rachel Ringo=New Billy and Anne. No chance. They have no chemistry and don't suit each other, they proved that when they broke them up before. Better as frends IMO.

Plus Rachel Ringo=New Billy and Anne. No chance. They have no chemistry and don't suit each other, they proved that when they broke them up before. Better as frends IMO.

I'm pretty sure Billy and Anne broke up a few times, and I disagree that Rachel and Ringo don't have chemistry. But that's just me.

If they want to recreate the Neighbours magic then they should look at changing the storylines not getting in a load of boring characters that add nothing to the show. They need to get the neighbourhood feel back and stop all the petty feuds because they are really annoying.

What you find annoying, others love. The fight between the Kennedys and Parkers is probably the best plot they've managed to pull off in the past few years. Nearly every characters has been effected and its well written and acted.

And fueds have been on the key things the show has been based on. Ramsays and Robinsons, anyone?

Also what I love about it is that the writers have cleverly drawn every character into the Kennedy/Parker storyline in some way or another, whether it be the Napier’s with Declan including the kidnapping, and him being falsely accused, and then on the run, to Todie’s involvement and being torn between his loyalty as a friend and his profession. And then we've had the smaller inputs, such as Frazer yesterday, and Rosie's help with the case, and Pepper as a teacher, Harold as a friend, and how all of this is affecting Rachel and Zeke.....etc etc no stone has been left unturned, and its great!

Archived