Tour de France

Guest Liska

I don't know if you in Australia watch the Tour de France, but we in Belgium certainly do. So I was thinking maybe I could make a topic about it.

The first day Fabian Cancellara won and today Robbie McEwen, someone from Australia, won. I don't know if you know Robbie McEwen because he lives in Belgium.

Who do you think will win this Tour de France

Did anyone here about the (male) British Tour de France champion from some years ago (whose name escapes me) who went missing for seven years and then came back as 'Philippa'?!

I have no idea who any of the cyclists are, or who's going to win.....but Stage 1 finished in my home town of Canterbury today, so me and my family were out lining the streets watching them all fly by! :)

I have no idea who any of the cyclists are, or who's going to win.....but Stage 1 finished in my home town of Canterbury today, so me and my family were out lining the streets watching them all fly by! :)

If I was you I would do the same :) Watching them all fly by :D

Tomorrow they come in Belgium, my country. I really wanna go and watch them, but it's too far away to go by bicycle :D

Robbie should be the favourite to take the green jersey this year, he is by far the strongest sprinter in Le Tour.

Glad to see a kiwi in there again this year, Julian Dean riding for Credite Agricole. He is basically a grunt worker for the team leader but who knows, he might get a top 50 if he works hard. I dont even know who the real top riders are this year, Vinonourov has been around a while and has been there or there abouts. Maybe George Hincappi if he is still riding could suprise as he has slimmed down and dropped his sprinters physique.

Anyway enough from a poor kiwi who can't watch the racing as I don't want to sit up all night and sleep all day.

• 1 year later...

i know this is from last year, but none of my friends like it so i have no-one to talk about it to..

so is anyone watching it this year?

I saw some this morning, i think it was a repeat of the day before, but the australian got the yellow jersey by one second! :D

Anyway enough from a poor kiwi who can't watch the racing as I don't want to sit up all night and sleep all day.

Should move too Norway :P

Yeah, here it replaces the entire daytime programming of TV2, from 2 PM to 6 PM EVERY DAY during the entire tour, including H&A.

I have a hard time expressing how much I dislike TDF, I mean, seriously... I'm not a big sports fan, but I can watch football... I do watch football in fact... and handball, and biathlon for sure... Sometimes even volleyball, curling, cross country, basketball, hockey (field and ice in fact) and figure skating... But seriously, cycling?! I mean, even if I'm not a big fan of some other sports, I can understand why people would watch it. I don't watch Premier League when it comes to football, I do watch like world cups and european championships, and sometimes even Bundesliga, but even if I don't watch Premier league, I can understand that people find it exciting and fun to watch. I don't like motorsports, and I find it boring to watch, but I can understand why people would find it interesting. Cycling on the other hand... I'm sorry, but I have no understanding whatsoever for why on earth anyone would possibly in their wildest dreams want to watch it, and ESPECIALLY not TDF, I mean... It goes on for hour after hour, day after day for WEEKS...!

I've tried to get my dad to explain how it can possibly be the least bit interesting, but for some reason the question always makes him laugh at me... :P

• 11 months later...

Is anyone here a cycling fan?

I've been a fan since way back, My Dad and I used to get up really early and watch each stage on Sky(usually the last 2 hours of each stage or the whole stage on weekends).

So far this year, I'm really enjoying it. However I was hoping that Cancellara would stay in 1st so that either Armstrong or Contador would find it a bit easier to get into 1st place. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few stages (since they are in the Pyrenees) as it will set things out overall.

I would love to see a member of the Astana team win overall,

Astana to take out the teams classification,

Thor Hushovd to get the green jersey,

and at this stage i'm undecided on the Polka dot and white jerseys.

Archived