A Gripping Gangland Tale

Guest bay girl

A Gripping Gangland Tale

The Gold Coast BULLETIN - Tuesday, July 3 2007

A 13-part blockbuster dramatisation of Melbourne's infamous gangland killings is in production to air on Channel 9 in the new year.

Based on the book 'Leadbelly' by John Silvester and Andrew Rule, the series launches with the 1998 murder of Alphonse Gangitano and follows the rise and fall of career criminal Carl Williams, a wannabe who sought to be king of Melbourne's underworld and now languishes in prison.

The latest Drama from production company Screentime, makers of The Society murders and Mary Bryant, will air in the new year on channel 9 and regional affiliate NBN.

Last Man Standing's Rodger Corser plays Detective Sen-Sgt Steve Owen, while Blue Heeler's Caroline Craig plays Detective Constable Jacqui James, detectives who embody the characters of many who worked on the Investigation

There was small pic of the cast with the article, and it seems Callan Mulvey and Gyton Grantly both have parts in the show too!

Noooo...Rodger, come back to Home and Away -cries-

I guess i'll watch this new show to see him :wub:

Thanks Amber

He could have finished filming it already and we winging his way back to the bay I guess! "In production" could mean it's at the editing stage. Perhaps it was filmed before he even joined the Home and Away cast this year!

I'm pretty sure it starts filming this month sometime but it's only a 13 part series,they could probably work around it...send Hughy to a medical conference,lol.

Rodger and Callan :wub::wub: ,I'll be watching it.

Thanks for posting :) .

Also it looks like Les Hill (who played Blake Dean), will be on this drama series as well.

So that makes it a total of four H&A cast members appearing in Underbelly!! :wink:

I guess it's a small enough industry in Australia, in that there are relatively few actors, right? We just always notice that in this part of the world that the same faces crop up on things produced in Australia. Irish actors are the same - the same faces appears in a lot of things.

Archived