The Haunted (by I love music) - comments

Cerise

Well thanks for making me scared of looking over my shoulder <_<:P

Well what can I say? That was brilliant. It was... intense. The descriptions made me feel... I don't know but I expected something to happen, something unexpected in a blink of an eye.

The Foolish Ones. Great ending to the Chapter. Well I cant wait for an update

Edited by -Kirst-

Question: for the purposes of this fic, are Jack and Martha high school students? I'm just a little confused as to how they fit in.

Other than that, great fic. I was very excited when I saw a ghost story, and you did not disappoint. I look forward to reading more :D

PS, You could have got away with entering this. You did say this is happening in the Summer holidays, after all :wink:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I loved Robbie's internal ramble about the significance of unlucky numbers, and the insignificance of 27, hehe. It is so something he (and I) would do :D. Also loved the references to Most Haunted. That show is hilarious (and that''s coming from someone who believes in ghosts!)

Edited by emmasi

Question: for the purposes of this fic, are Jack and Martha high school students? I'm just a little confused as to how they fit in.

Yes, they're high school students and the same ages as Jade etc in this fic. I'm damned if I know how they'll fit in myself yet. :P All I do know at this stage is that there will definitely be ghosts and spooky stuff in this story. :ph34r:

Thanks, Kirst and emmasi, for your nice reviews. :)

ps Emmasi, I have actually seen a ghost myself when I was a kid but I agree - Most Haunted is hysterically funny! :lol:

Edited by I love music

Loved it, I Love Music. Intense, and amazingly written as always. You manage to draw the reader in right away.

Just one question though ... - Whatever happened to you telling me you wouldn't be writing fanfics anymore? Not that I'm complaining; I love your work and it's great to see someone else is actually addicted to writing in much the same way that I am! :)

Hmm, the good news - I think (depending on whether people like my stories that much :unsure: ) is that the characters, especially Robbie and Tasha at the moment, are taking over :ph34r: so this fic could well be longer than originally planned.

The bad news is, I have a lot on my plate at the moment (see Have a Moan thread :( ) so the writing of the next chapter could well take longer than originally planned too. Although I've begun it anyway... :)

*sigh* You know, it's good to get several hits on this fic but I like reviews as much as the next person.

Anyway, you'll be waiting a while to find out what the screaming was all about :ph34r: because I'm taking a break now while I pester Kat about SBH. :P

The only clue I'll give is...poor Jade... :ph34r:

*screams and runs away*

I haven't read a ghost story in god know's how long! Great work ILM!! Sorry for not reviewing earlier, I read the first chapter and didn't have time for the next so I thought I'd wait until I read both to review.

I love the mix of characters! You've made me really miss Jade and Nick, and the innocence of Tasha and Robbie. Even Martha, who I generally dislike, is showing her roots of being a farm girl. It makes it so interesting. You write characters so well, exploring how they feel about each other and everything around them. A ghost story really brings out their personalities. I love how Tasha is like her old self, spiritual and able to sense another being. Her analysis of Robbie's footsteps was both sweet and intriguing. And I love Robbie's thoughts about Henry, and how you've incorporated him wanting to invent. Oh how I loved Robbie, and his quirkiness. I really wish he stayed that way (even though people do need to grow up).

The handkerchief was almost a year old now and frayed at the edges from its frequent washes, but Robbie was very attached to it.
Aww, that is something I could really imagine Robbie feeling.

Well done ILM, shame there won't be an update soon - but if you can convince Kat to update SBH that would be awesome too ;)

I wonder what happens to Jade :unsure:

*sigh* You know, it's good to get several hits on this fic but I like reviews as much as the next person.

I've been at my sister's for the past three days and today I was out with my friends. I'm pretty tired right now but I'll read and review this when I'm in the mood.

You also posted that update at 3.49am Aus time, so even if I came in here before now (which I didn't), your fic probably would have been well and truly burried by the time I had a chance to get online.

Not all reviews are instantaneous, and views don't guarentee that members have read your fic. Some people browse to see where a fic is going, and if they're not interested they leave. That's nothing against your writing - it could be anything from characters to plot to pacing, something that just doesn't click with a reader at the time. And I'm not sure, but it's possible that those views are chalked up to guests who don't have the ability to post. There's a guest viewing right now...

I guess all I'm saying is, you're a good writer and this fic does interest me, but patience is a virtue. One day without a review does not a failed fic make. It would be a shame if you stopped writing again based on what other people are or aren't doing.

Edited by emmasi

• 1 month later...

Ohh, nice two Chapters. I'm sorry I didn't get around to reading before, never noticed you Updated.

Okay, I don't have much time for a long Review, so I'll cut straight to the point. I loved every intense second of it. You have a way of ending the chapters, so that you have the readers gasping for more... Yeah... that's pretty damn good thing...

I could pick out a sentence, any sentence, in this story and point out a million good things about it. So, chosen at random:

"Tasha! Tasha, I can't see!" His glasses misted over, Robbie reached for her blindly, stumbling over...were they gravestones? They felt like gravestones..."We're in...we seem to be in some kind of cemetery!"

I liked the descriptions in that sentence. Subtle, yet powerful, and you can just build up in your mind that you are Robbie stumbling throughout that creepy cemetery...

...her fingertips nearly touching his when an invisible fist suddenly punched her hard on the back and as she gasped in pain, invisible hands reached up out of the muddy earth, grabbing her ankles, pulling her away...

Wow. That was just incredible... I can just imagine the scene, and her gasping in pain, and her being pulled away... you are a great writer. You have me on my knees begging for more, here!

Oh, and you inspired me to write something scary. Hmm...

Edited by -Kirst-

I'm back online and soooo glad to see you doing another fic! I think it's a fantastic idea and so far it has me hooked.

The voice had been unrelenting and Jade had pressed her hands against her ears and swung away to break into an overwhelming darkness that was threatening to drag her down into a deep, weary sleep as the storm blew fiercely around, whirling leaves, lashing waves and screaming through the trees.

You always describe the scene so well I can actually picture it in my mind. Loved the bit where Robbie thought about inventing the sleep/dream conductor and wiring henry up to it. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Great writing. I hope you update soon!