It's Gonna Be Love

Guest kaciexox

Type of story: long fiction

Rating: A

Main Characters: All charcters - especially Sally, Brad, Jack, Martha, Ric, Mattie, Cassie, Annie and Geoff plus some new charcters

Genre: Drama/ Romance

Warnings: (SC) (V) (L) and some small spoilers

Is Story being proof read: Nope

Summary: All charcters This fic picks up from where we are in Australia at the moment excluding the Jazz/Jules/Drew storyline :D

It’s Gonna Be Love

CHAPTER 1

Matilda sat on her bed, staring off into space. She thought about her life, and how much it had changed since the accident, since her mum had died. She felt a single tear slip down her face as a million and one memories resurfaced.

It always happened that way. Every time she thought about her mother her mind would slip back into the past and revisit a memory involving her mum. Sometimes it went back a few months, sometimes a few years and sometimes the memories were happy and others were sad. Sometimes she even remembered a fight that the two of them had had.

Mattie hated reliving those fights because every time she remembered one, she would think about how much time she had wasted just being angry at her mum. And mostly it was about trivial things: Beth had used the last of Mattie’s shampoo, Beth had accidentally put tomatoes into the salad and Mattie had insisted that Beth had known that Mattie didn’t like them or even that her mother had forgotten to wake Mattie up and now she was late.

She sighed.

“Hey,” Ric said from the doorway. Matilda looked up and gave him a small smile. She had been so caught up with her thoughts that she hadn’t even noticed him standing there watching her. Ric walked over to the bed and sat down beside her. He held a large picnic basket in one hand and put his other arms around Mattie to comfort her. Mattie automatically flinched away from his touch but Ric didn’t seem to notice.

“What have you got there?” She asked nodding the basket in Ric’s hand, forcing a smile.

“Picnic basket,” Ric said grinning, “I’m taking you on a picnic.”

Mattie shook her head slowly and Ric’s smile faded.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, concern written all over his face.

“Nothing, it’s just that…” Mattie began.

“It’s just what?”

“It’s just that I promised Rueben that I would meet him down at the beach today, he’s teaching me how to surf.”

“Oh,” Ric said, looking down at the basket in his hand, “I’ll just leave this here in case you decide you want to share it with Rueben.”

“No, Ric…” Mattie said, half-heartedly.

“Forget it, go have fun with Reuben,” Ric said dropping the basket and walking out of the room.”

Mattie let him go. She sighed and fell back onto the bed.

“I’m just going up to see Pippa,” Sally said to Brad as she walked up the stairs. Brad smiled after her. He was so lucky to have her, she was the best thing in his life since, since Emily. Just then his phone started ringing. Brad walked over to the table and picked up the phone.

“Brad Armstrong,” he said into the phone, “Jenny?” Suddenly he was whispering.

“Why are you calling me? No I don’t want to speak to you.” He whispered, looking up to make sure Sal wasn’t coming back down the stairs already, “No I don’t want you to visit.”

“Why? Because it’s been six years Jenny and I have a new life now and your not a part of it anymore. No – Jenny, Jen…”

But she had already hung up.

“Hey Martha,” Jack said taking a seat next to her at a table in the diner. Martha ignored him and continued to flip through her magazine, clearly uninterested in what he had to say.

“Oh come on,” Jack said snatching the magazine out of Martha’s hands so she was forced to look up at him, “Don’t tell me your still angry at me.”

“I’m still angry at you,” Martha said stubbornly, snatching at the magazine, “Give that back.”

“Not until you forgive me,” Jack said in a sing-song voice.

“Well I may as well go out and buy a new magazine because I’m never going to forgive you.”

“Never?”

Martha shook her head, “Never.”

“Never, ever?” Jack asked.

Martha shook her head again, “Never, ever.”

“Never is a long time,” Jack persisted.

“All the better,” Martha said, pretending to be interested in the length of her nails.

Jack sighed and threw the magazine down on the table and began to walk away.

“Ooo anger,” Martha remarked, picking up the magazine again and flipping through it.

Jack skidded back to the table.

“Or passion. Depends on how you look at it,” Jack said, cheekily.

Martha rolled her eyes and stared at Jack as though assessing him. After a few moments, she nodded.

“Defiantly anger.”

Jack walked back out to the door of the diner where Lucas was standing, in hysterics.

“Shut-up,” Jack said to him.

“I really can see this ‘Holden charm’ your always going on about,”

Jack smacked his brother over the head.

“Someone’s angry,” Luc said, rubbing his head. Jack pointed his finger at Luc.

“I am not angry,” Jack said.

Luc smiled.

“Whatever you say.”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D:D

Loving this new fic!!!!!!

“Ooo anger,” Martha remarked, picking up the magazine again and flipping through it.

Jack skidded back to the table.

“Or passion. Depends on how you look at it,” Jack said, cheekily.

Love that!!!!!!!!

Defo passion :P

Update soon

xxxxxxx

Great start!

Poor Mattie. Hope there's not more going on with Reuben. That was really sweet of Ric; to organise a picnic.

Oh dear, looks like Brad's going to find himself in a sticky situation.

:lol: Jack and Martha!

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

THE next bit :D

thanks for all your feedback

CHAPTER 2

Jack sighed and flopped down onto the lounge. Tony frowned at him.

“Bad day?”

Jack nodded.

“Is it Martha?” Tony guessed.

Jack nodded again.

“Don’t worry mate, she’ll forgive you soon enough and you’ll be friends again.”

“What if it’s more than that I want?” Jack muttered to himself.

“What was that?” Tony asked walking towards Jack and placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Nothing.”

“So what are you going to do to get back into her good books?”

Jack sat up suddenly.

“Drastic times call drastic measures.”

Jack jumped up from the lounge and practically bounced off into his room. Tony frowned and shook his head. At that moment Lucas burst into the house.

“What?” he asked seeing the look on his fathers face.

“Oh nothing. I was just thinking; Jack could have been a girl. His mood changes are ridiculous.

“I want to go to school,” Annie whined.

“I know that,” Geoff said shoveling up some dirt in the paddock, “You’ve been saying that for the past half hour but there’s nothing I can do about it so can you please help me put these fence posts in.”

Annie went over and picked up a post but didn’t stop whining.

“It’s so unfair,” she continued, “So many kids hate going to school but I would do anything to go.”

“Annie,” Geoff sighed, “I know you want to go to school, I do to but we can’t so just accept it and move on.”

Annie sighed and picked up the next post.

“I just think it’s unfair,” she muttered.

“Annie!” Geoff shouted, “Just be quiet!”

Annie looked at him bewildered and Geoff felt a pang of guilt. He shouldn’t shout at her, he was just in a bad mood because he also wanted to go to school badly.

“Hey, I’m sorry,” he said, walking over to his sister and putting an arm around her, “I know it’s unfair, but I just don’t know what to do.”

Annie looked up at him.

“I’ll forgive you if you talk to pop.”

Geoff shook his head.

“He won’t listen.”

“Please just try,” Annie said.

Geoff looked at her and saw how much she wanted o go to school, to interact with people her own age.

“Ok fine,” he said.

Jack walked out of his room, carrying some bags. Tony looked up at him and frowned.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I’m moving out,” Jack said, grinning.

Tony raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Lucas looked as though he was about to burst out laughing.

“You know what,” Tony said standing up, “I really don’t want to know. Lucas, I’m going let you deal with this one.”

“Thanks,” Lucas said, smiling sarcastically, “Your such a great dad.”

“You said it,” Tony said, winking at him and then walking out the door.

Lucas turned to Jack.

“So what are you doing?” he asked.

“I told you,” Jack said, still grinning, “I’m moving out.”

“This wouldn’t have anything to do with Martha would it?” Lucas asked, suspiciously.

Jack smiled.

“Actually this has everything to do with Martha.”

“Hello, earth to Brad,” Sally said sitting down next to him on the lounge.

“Sorry what?”

“Are you even listening?” Sally asked.

“Yea, you were talking about, about the thing…”

Sally raised a brow at him.

“The thing?”

“Yea you know…the thingo that we were just discussing…”

Sally laughed at him.

“You really have no idea do you?”

“Of course I do!” Brad insisted.

“Brad Armstrong, you are a very bad liar!” Sally said hitting him with a pillow that she grabbed off the lounge, “ And I am going to continue to hit you with this pillow until you admit it!”

“Fine ok,” Brad said, signaling defeat.

Sally smiled and kissed him softly.

“So are you going to tell me where your mind is today?”

“What do you mean?” Brad asked.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing…I’m just…. I’m just tired.”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived