It's Gonna Be Love

Guest kaciexox

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the next bit

i have been away hence the lack or updates sorry :(

CHAPTER 3

Brad rolled over in bed and noticed that Sally wasn’t lying next to him. Surprised, he sat up and looked around the room, but she wasn’t there. Yawning, he got up, put on his gown and went down stairs.

“You’re up early,” Brad said to Sally, walking over and giving her a peck on the cheek. Sally smiled.

“Actually you’re up late,” she said.

“Really? What’s the time?” Brad asked walking over to the bench and pouring himself a cup of coffee.

“10 o’clock.”

“Really!” Brad exclaimed, taking a sip from his cup, “That’s probably because I couldn’t get to sleep last night.”

“I noticed,” Sally said, “You were tossing and turning all night! In fact you were acting weird yesterday, do you have something on your mind.”

“Yes,” Brad admitted.

“Well do you want to talk about it?”

Brad shook his head.

“I’d rather just forget about it.”

“Ok, but I’m here if you decide to change your mind,” Sally said, “Oh, and someone called asking for you today.”

Brad froze.

“Who?”

Sally thought for a moment.

“A woman…Jenna, Jemma oh wait no, Jenny.”

Brad’s cup fell from his hand and smashed to pieces on the ground. Sally jumped back, startled.

“What did she say?” Brad whispered.

“Nothing really,” Sally said softly, eyeing the smashed cup on the ground, “Just that she wanted to talk to you.”

Brad swore under his breath.

“Excuse me?” Sally said, surprised in Brad’s sudden mood change.

“Oh…nothing,” Brad said, pulling on some clean clothes that he found on the lounge, “I have to go.”

“Wha…No Brad!”

But he was already out the door.

Martha sat down at her laptop and begun checking her emails. She had been receiving a few emails from possible flat mates but none so far had been what she was looking for. Surprisingly, today she only had one.

Martha,

I saw an ad saying that you had a room up for rent. I am very much interested. My name is Jake Holds and I am 24 years old. Please reply.

Jake.

Martha sighed and sent her usual email back:

Jake,

I would like to set up a meeting so that I can meet you and decide whether you are suitable for the room. Tomorrow, 3pm? I’ll meet you at the Bayside diner. Send me an email back if you can’t make it, otherwise I’ll expect to see you there.

Martha.

“Mattie!” Ric called into the house, “Are you home?”

Suddenly Mattie appeared out of the kitchen.

“Hey,” Ric said walking towards her, “I didn’t think you were home.”

“I am.”

Ric leaned forward to kiss her, but she pulled away. He frowned at her.

“Look,” Mattie said, turning away from her boyfriend, “is there something you want? Because I’m late.”

“Late for what?” Ric asked, frowning.

“I was supposed to meet Rueben 10 minutes ago.”

“Right, Rueben,” Ric said loudly, “I should have guessed.”

“What’s you problem?” Mattie shouted.

Ric opened his mouth to speak but Mattie held up her hand.

“Don’t answer that,” she said grabbing her back and walking out the door, “I don’t have time, I’m already late!”

Ric sighed and put his hands behind his head.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Jake Holds? Is that Jack Holden in disguise?? :lol: Thats cute. This is good.

Braddy is meaning Jenny :mellow: Should be interesting.

Mattie and Rueben sitting in a tree...Poor Ric :(

Great chapter

More please

CHAPTER 4

Brad pulled his car over to the side of the road and jumped out. He ran down to the wharf and stood looking at the perfect world and wondering why his life couldn’t be perfect too. He sighed, pulled his phone out from his pocket and dialed the number he knew so well.

“Hello,” came a voice.

“Jenny,” Brad replied coldly.

“Well hello to you too,” the woman said, “I see you got my message?”

“I told you,” Brad said warningly,” I told you not to call, or visit or anything. I told you to keep out of my life.”

“And I told you I’m coming to see you whether you like it or not, it’s important!”

“What could be so important that you have to ruin my life?” Brad asked angrily into the phone.

Jenny hesitated for a moment.

“Your son,” she whispered.

Brad froze.

“What did you say?” he asked softly.

“You’ve got a son, Brad. His name is Corey and he is 6 years old.”

“What?” Brad asked, he didn’t know what else to say, “Why didn’t you ever tell me.”

“I’m sorry Brad, I wanted to tell you in person. When I got pregnant, I freaked out and ran away. It was the biggest mistake of my life,” Jenny said, trying to explain.

“I loved you Jenny,” Brad whispered, “You broke my heart and now your telling me that I have a son which you’ve kept hidden from me for 6 years? I have a life now, I have a woman who I love and a family. Why are you telling me this now?”

“I figure it’s your turn,” she said, “I’ve had him for 6 years and now it’s your turn to care for him.”

“What? No!” Brad almost yelled, “You can’t do this to me. How do I even know the kid’s mine?”

“Brad, I may have been young and stupid but I loved you and could never have cheated on you!” Jenny said.

“Don’t come,” Brad pleaded, “Please…”

“I’m sorry Brad,” Jenny said, “But I’m coming and I’m bringing Corey with me. I will be leaving without him.”

“No…” But she had already hung up.

“Damn it!” Brad yelled, throwing his phone into the water angrily. He sighed and looked into the water at his sinking mobile phone.

“Oh this is great,” he said sarcastically, “Best f****n day of my life!”

Jack sat at a table in the diner waiting for Martha. He looked at his watch, it was nearly 3 o’clock.

Suddenly, as if on cue Martha walked in and looked around. Surprisingly there was no empty tables. She sighed and walked over to Jack who was sitting at a table, doing nothing.

“Excuse me,” she said coldly, “Are you done here because I need a table.”

Jack looked up at here.

“Sorry,” he said grinning, “I’m meeting someone.”

Martha raised an eyebrow.

“Who?” she asked, trying not to show her curiosity.

“Just a person who might be willing to rent me a room,” he said, still grinning.

“Oh really?” Martha said, relief filling her body, silently glad that he wasn’t meeting a girl, “Me too. Jake Holds, I think his name is. He sounds really great and …”

She stopped short, coming to a realization. She shook her head slowly and Jack grinned up at her again. She slammed her bag on the table and sat down opposite him.

“Oh no,” she said looking at him.

“Oh yes,” Jack laughed.

“How – dare – you – do – that – you – pig-headed – idiot!” She yelled, hitting him with her bag between words.

Jack was nearly in hysterics when she finally stopped hitting him.

“You mean,” Martha said, still furious, “Your Jake Holds?”

Jack nodded proudly. Martha sighed and rolled her eyes.

“I should have known you’d do something so stupid like this!”

“Look,” Jack said, turning serious, “Don’t turn down this offer just because you’re mad at me. It’s perfect!”

“How?” Martha asked.

“Well you’re looking for a flat mate and I’m looking for a place to stay.” Jack explained, diplomatically.

Martha shook her head.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, we’ve lived together before…,” she said, doubtfully.

“But this would be different,” Jack insisted, “We would have nothing to do with each other. Separate lives, separate rooms, separate beds…sometimes…”

Martha smacked him with her bag again. Jack laughed.

“That was a joke,” he laughed.

Martha laughed at him, always so cheeky she thought to herself.

“I don’t expect any ex-husband discounts or anything. I will pay the rent weekly and always the right amount. Promise,” Jack said, giving her his best persuading smiled.

“Fine,” Martha said, “I’ll give you a two week trial. If I don’t think it’s working out, you’re gone and no more bugging me. Deal?”

Jack nodded happily.

“Deal!”

Martha smiled at him and left. As soon as she was gone, Jack pulled out his phone and called his brother.

“Luc,” he said, when Lucas answered, “I’m in!”

“How’d ya manage that mate. Was she high?”

Jack laughed.

“No!”

“Drunk?”

“No!”

“Than how?” Lucas asked, laughing.

“I’m telling ya mate,” Jack said, proudly, “It’s that Holden Charm!”

“Right,” Lucas laughed.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

:lol: I love Jack and Martha. That cracked me up, their part :lol: Im glad Jacks moving in now. I love him :wub:

The Brad/Jenny/Corey part reminds me of Ned/Mikey on Neighbours :lol:

Great chapter though

More please

Archived