The Archive Thread

Guest Di

hattie, thanks for that - i (obviously) misheard what the doctor said.

albica2258, ironically enough i was thinking about calling ep 4001 "The Blood Clot Strikes Back" but since Kristy Wright was in STAR WARS Episode III, that's the one i based the title on.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best episodes of the year... Here's my review:

Dramatic, emotional and with a shocking twist. Overall it was a very well written episode that kept you intrigued and in suspense. The cast and crew did a great job.

You could tell right from the start that tonight?s episode was going to be a good one. In the previous cliff-hanger we were left with a fatal car crash, not knowing anything else about the accident besides the fact that it happened. Tonight?s story opens with Alf in a dark hospital waiting room. In the background two nurses are talking. One says "he hasn't said a word since he found out". The other replies: "Some people need time... she's only been dead for 2 hours".

It's at this point we realise we have stepped forward in time and one character ? a female ? has died from the result of the crash, but as of yet we don't know who.

Through a series of flashbacks - Alf reliving the event - we begin to see the events leading up to the current time. We see the events in the aftermath of the crash. Alf has the least amount of injuries of all the occupants. Ric, Chloe and Kim all appear to have somewhat minor injuries compared to Martha, who for most of the episode we are led to believe won?t make it. Infact when the second ad-break came on we were left thinking Martha was dead, lying on the table with doctors unable to restart her heartbeat.

However there is a major twist, we soon find that Martha is still alive, but cannot move any part of her body. Then out of the blue we hear Irene scream - but it wasn?t due to Martha.

Chloe sustained a fractured arm in the crash, but it was considered very minor with mild pain. However in a shocking twist we learn Chloe had a pulmonary embolism ? fat broke away from her fractured arm and travelled through her blood stream and blocked the blood flow to her lung. She was now dead.

I must congratulate the whole cast and crew on tonight's episode. I really liked the way it was written with Alf's flashbacks and it really kept you guessing who was going to die, and I have to say the whole episode was done really well and they totally fooled me... That's not an easy thing to do.

Episode 4001 was definitely aimed towards a more mature and older audience (as in mid-late teens and above) which was probably why I enjoyed it. I think alot of the younger viewers may not of understand a lot of what happened. I did like the way that they went into the second ad break with Martha technically dead. It certainly tricked me.

In my opinion the episode was very well done and Chloe's death came completely out of left field and was quite a twist to the episode after the whole episode had led us to believe that Martha wouldn't make it and that Chloe was perfectly fine besides a small fracture.

However, having said that, I'm very disappointed that Chloe was killed off. Out of all the characters in the crash, she would be the last I wanted to be written out, especially after she only just returned.

This week has been superb hasn't it?. Thanks Josietash...these reviews are great. I am getting a bit worred about Barry and Irene however. They can not really do a re run of Paris and Irene can they...ie I love you but can't live with you?....CB shudders whilst considering the possibility that Dan Bennet is secretly plotting to cause her..ie me.... maximum stress and anxiety!!!

And hattie was right about the embolism, it was fat not a blood clot. Fat embolisms are an extremely rare complication of long bone fractures.....amongst other things... fat dropelets can move around the body and lead to respiratory distress and in this case respiratory failure.

Oh dear lord. Why can we not watch the fantastic fall out from the car crash without putting up with Robbie and Tasha?? Seriously getting bored of them now!!! Matilda's sniping was amusing though!

I really like Irene and Barry, I don't want them to break up. I do want Irene to keep Olivia though. I'm suprised that Barry isn't more understanding.

Aww, Jesse! :( And Alf!

No Hayley & Kim, thank god!!

Oh dear lord. Why can we not watch the fantastic fall out from the car crash without putting up with Robbie and Tasha?? Seriously getting bored of them now!!! Matilda's sniping was amusing though!

I really like Irene and Barry, I don't want them to break up. I do want Irene to keep Olivia though. I'm suprised that Barry isn't more understanding.

Aww, Jesse! :( And Alf!

No Hayley & Kim, thank god!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. robbie and Tasha are well past the selll by date IMO...

I think Barry is actually scared ..and is terrified of stuffing up like he did with Kim...I like Irene and Barry tooo...but I reckon they are going to be split up....which is a shame...because they work well together.

Thanks JosieTash....you get your name on the main site bit now I see.....you are famous.

Archived