Retribution

Guest swfc

Story Title: Retribution

Type of story: long fic

Main Characters: Tracey Thompson, Rachel armstrong, Eve Jacobsen/Zoe McCallister, Peter Baker

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Drama Angst

Does story include spoilers: yes/no

Any warnings: V/D

Summary: The sequel to Tracey/Zoe/Rachel

Right, so, here's the long awaited sequel. I'm just posting some teasers for now before I post the first chapter. Enjoy and let me know what you guys think.

Teasers:

It was then that Peter Baker looked at Clare Brody and recognition hit him. His mind flashed back to the day that he and Tracey met up. It was the very day that Tracey had told him about her association with Eve Jacobsen a.k.a. the Summer Bay Stalker.

As he ran, images of Tracey nearly dying came rushing through his mind.

“What’s wrong, why is she not awake?!” Peter shouted to the paramedics as she was rushed into the hospital.

That only served to push him running harder.

“We have given her 5mg of morphine but as we entered the hospital she lost consciousness”.

“Please please do something!”

He ran until he collapsed onto a nearby bench.

“So, let me get this right, Ms. Trood. Your cousin was at a memorial service for her friend. Why is it that you are here instead of Detective Thompson’s parents?” he asked soberly.

“If you look at Tracey’s medical files and her wallet, you will see that I’m the person she put down to call in cases of emergency, detective. And besides, you of all people would know that Tracey doesn’t get along well with her family.”

:D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much Andy, Shan and Roccoluver for your replies.

Prologue

Peter Baker was happy. He had everything he could’ve wished for in his life. Great friends; a great family; and a wonderful woman. Nothing could possibly go wrong for him. Little did he know, his life was about to come crumbling down before his very eyes. His girlfriend was lying in his arms when he received a phone call from his superior telling that Tracey was in hospital. He immediately rushed down to the hospital with Clare at his side. She could tell that he was nervous. They met up with Superintendent Murphy at the hospital who told them what had happened.

Chapter 1:

“We found the car in a nearby ditch not far away from Lake Garden Memorial Park.”

“Any ideas what happened? What was she doing there?”

“No idea. It was her day off today anyway so my guess is that she and Dr. Armstrong were going to the memorial part somewhere.”

“Wait, Dr Armstrong?”

“Yes.”

“As in Dr Rachel Armstrong?”

“The very one. Unless you know another Rachel Armstrong who’s a doctor.”

It was then that Peter Baker looked at Clare Brody and recognition hit him. His mind flashed back to the day that he and Tracey met up. It was the very day that Tracey had told him about her association with Eve Jacobsen a.k.a. the Summer Bay Stalker.

“Pete, the reason why I asked you to come here was because I wanted to tell you why I did what I did. However, I know that what I’m about to tell you will shock you to no end, and for that I apologize. And I also hope that you won’t hate me for it.”

“Trace, I can never hate you. You know that. We’re friends. And friends don’t hate each other.”

“Okay. Promise me that you won’t be mad.”

“I promise.”

“I did what I did because… because I found out that a friend of mine had died recently. She was my childhood friend. Well, I think I should start from the beginning. Rachel, her and I grew up together. We went to school together. Our parents knew each other. Then she moved away. And that’s when things were strained between us all. And then when I found out that she had died, I was devastated. she was really close to me. and the three of us were like sisters. And, I wanted to die along with her. So, that’s why I did what I did.” Tracey decided to be brief about it as she didn’t want to dig in deep into her past.

“Okay. I get it. but, what I don’t understand is why couldn’t you have just told me that two days ago when I asked you?”

“Because I was afraid that you would hate me.”

“Why would I hate you for your friend dying?”

“Because…. Because you knew her too.”

“I did?” Peter looked confused.

“Yeah.”

“Who is she?”

Tracey took a deep breath once again. and when she exhaled, she said, two words that shocked the daylights out of Peter.

“Eve Jacobsen. The Summer Bay Stalker”

“Pete? Pete? Are you alright?”

Clare’s voice jerked him out his reminiscing.

“What?”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about a conversation that Tracey and I had a few weeks before.”

“Oh, okay.”

He was saved from replying by the doctor’s exit from the ER and into the waiting room area.

“Any news?”

“Are you their family?”

“Er- we’re work colleagues of Tracey Thompson. We know Dr. Armstrong. Or at least he does.” Murphy answered pointing at Peter.

“We don’t really give out information to non family members,” the doctor said cautiously.

Preview: Will Tracey and Rachel survive? Will Peter and the rest find out what happened? What exactly did Eve Jacobsen do to her childhood friends?

Enjoy :D

^^ You might have told me the name of this fic lol!!

"Yeah, I put up a sequel if you want to read ..." Then what's the name?!?!?! :lol:

But despite being miffed about that, I loved it :D Clete :wub: and I have this annoying feeling it might go a little wrong .... <_<

More? Soon? Yes? :P

Archived