Retribution

Guest swfc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Lol. Lil, Mandy will not feature in this film. I refuse to write a fic with any thing to do with Panda.

Intense! :o

That totally blew me away and was definitely worth the wait. I can't until for the next chapter.

Awesome as always, Chrissie. :P *Aaron Stanford and Gaspard Ulliel cookies*

Thanks heaps Andy. Oooo, I get cookies. *takes the cookies and munches on them*

*mutters something about cliffhangers*

You know how much I love cliffhangers, Shannon. Thanks for your comment.

^^ You might have told me the name of this fic lol!!

"Yeah, I put up a sequel if you want to read ..." Then what's the name?!?!?! :lol:

Sorry, it didn't click. I was tired. It was midnight or something that I sent that.

But despite being miffed about that, I loved it :D Clete :wub:

Well, there's bound to be Clete. Like I said to Lil, you refuse to write anything Panda and same here.

^ Heehee.... I'm glad you like this. :)

I'm in a rebellious mood and listening to rock music, so I'm posting the next chapter. Enjoy. :D

Chapter 2:

“Look, we’re cops. If you don’t believe us, we can show you our badges,” Peter said as he moved towards his pocket to show the good ole doctor his badge. “We’re colleagues of Detective Tracey Thompson. However, we are in the process of informing their family members. We’re also working on this case so we need to know how they are.”

“Well, if you put it that way, how can I argue? Both the patients suffered some blows to the head as a result of the impact of the crash. We don’t know just exactly how serious their condition is until the swelling in the brain has gone done. However, as of this moment, vital and stats say they are stable but we are keeping a close eye on them both.”

“So, when can we see them?” Clare asked.

“You can go in and see them in fifteen minutes time when we move them out of the ER and into another room where we can watch them closely.”

“Thank you very much, doc.” All three replied in unison.

Fifteen minutes later:

Superintendent Murphy, Peter Baker and Clare Brody walked silently towards Rm 439 [A/N: I named it in order of the Geo lab that I couldn’t find :P]. All three were anxious in their own way and lost in their own thoughts: Murphy, as Tracey’s superior was worried for one of his own; Peter was worried for his best friend and Clare was worried for the same reasons as he was. All three secretly hoped that both Tracey and Rachel would prevail. Before they were allowed in, however, the doctor stopped them, saying,

“Be warned. Nobody knows when they’ll wake up and nobody knows whether or not this accident has affected their memory.”

“Thank you doctor.”

They entered the ward and saw both Tracey and Rachel with tubes and wires coming out from everywhere. This made Peter even more nauseated than he already was and he immediately ran out of the room. Clare ran after him after a reassuring glance from Murphy that he would stay until the family members arrived.

Peter ran as fast as he could towards the hospital exit. He just wanted to get out of there as quickly as he could. The thought of seeing his best friend and her best friend hooked up to machines scared him. It reminded him of the time that Tracey had OD-ed and that had not been a pretty sight.

“Detective! Over here! The bathroom! Quick!”

“Move away! [Pushes Blake away and bends down and checks for pulse and sees the bottle of pills]. Call an ambulance immediately! She overdosed on pills! What are you standing there for?

Go!” Peter practically yelled whilst he started to perform CPR on Tracey.

As he ran, images of Tracey nearly dying came rushing through his mind.

“What’s wrong, why is she not awake?!” Peter shouted to the paramedics as she was rushed into the hospital.

That only served to push him running harder.

“We have given her 5mg of morphine but as we entered the hospital she lost consciousness”.

“Please, please do something!”

He ran until he collapsed onto a nearby bench.

Clare finally caught up with him at the parking lot where he was sitting on a bench at the park near the hospital. She approached him cautiously, afraid that he would snap at her. She didn’t know what he was thinking so it was a better-be-safe- than- sorry approach.

“Peter?” she called quietly.

The only response she got was a slight movement of the head.

“Peter?” she tried again, this time moving closer to him.

What she saw shocked her. Peter Baker was crying. The sight of her lover crying moved her towards him and she enveloped him into a hug, where he finally allowed the tap to flow freely.

“They’re going to be fine, Pete. You heard what the doctor said.”

That reply only served to make him cry harder. Thus, Clare’s only response was to allow him to cry until he could cry no longer and then wait for him to speak. She knew how much Tracey meant to him and he had very nearly lost her before. However, instead of jealous tendencies flaring up, Clare only had a look of concern for her lover and the fate of his friends.

How long they sat there, nobody knew. But, Peter was slowly starting to get a grip of himself and the tears were slowly starting to stop. Clare had no idea when he had finally finished crying and was startled by a

“I’m so sorry, Clare.”

No response.

“Clare?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m so sorry...”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. I understand. I know what you’re feeling.”

“I don’t deserve you. You’re too good for me.”

“Well, too bad, mister. Coz, you’re stuck with me for as long as we both live.”

This earned her a chuckle from him.

“Trust you to say the right thing to cheer me up.”

“Well, considering this is the second time that you’ve nearly lost your best friend, I don’t blame you.”

“I don’t know why I ran. All I remembered was seeing them hooked up to machines and feeling sick that I just ran. I guess it brought back memories of me being in that same condition where I lost three months of my life.”

“It’s understandable, Pete. No one in their right mind would be able to get over that.”

“I just hate being so helpless, you know. I hate seeing people I care about in that position.”

“Well, maybe you can do something....”

He shot her an inquiring look.

“You know how when you were in that coma, Leah would come and spend most of her time just talking to you. You can do that.”

“What would I do without you, Clare?” he said and stared.

They sat there staring into each other’s eyes for a very long time until Peter’s phone started ringing.

“It’s Murphy.”

“I’m guessing family members are here, now?”

“Yup.”

And with that, they got up and slowly made their way back to the hospital to face the members of Tracey and Rachel’s family.

Preview: They meet with the respective families but why does one of them in particular strikes a cord in Peter’s memory?

Archived