Retribution

Guest swfc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ali and Andy. Here's the next chapter. Note: It looks a bit rushed so just a warning.

Chapter 5

She paced around outside the barn wondering what to do. And then it hit her, she would give them a warning. A warning of what she was capable of. Of what she was willing to do to get what she wanted. She needed to lay Sarah to rest. And in order to do that, she had to get her revenge. It was then that she, Eve Jacobsen would finally get her peace. It was then that she could finally put her feet up and chill. Maybe even take up a holiday. But, first she had a few things to take care of.

She could hear the whispers coming from inside. Tracey and Rachel were both wondering what to do. She knew that they would need some convincing so, like a human possessed by something, in her case, the ghost of Sarah Lewis, she did the unthinkable. She got into the car and drove to a nearby shop. At the shop, she bought the supplies she needed to get her friends to co-operate. They were going to help her whether they liked it or not.

She drove on back to the warehouse and started her plan. She was going to let them go. And then she would give them her message. It took her about three hours at the most to create her secret weapon. She headed towards the car and drove back towards the memorial park and placed the package in the engine of the car. She then drove back towards the outskirts of the city to face her friends.

The whole time that she was gone, Rachel and Tracey were trying to think of a way to escape. Yet, none could come up with a plan. They sat there bickering with each other as to what they were going to do about this. They needed to make Eve see sense. Yet, how were they going to do that? They talked about the pros and cons of helping and not helping. Yet, the conclusion that they came to always ended up in a road block. In short, they were stuck. Twice they heard the sounds of cars coming and going. Cars or car, how many it was, they knew that it wasn’t help coming for them.

“So, what are we going do to, Trace?”

“I have no idea. If we help her, we’re dead and if we don’t, we’re dead. Either way, we lose.”

“We’ve got to get out of here, Tracey!”

“I know! Don’t you think I know that?!? I’ve been trying to think of how we’re going to get out of this! Any ideas?”

“You’re the one who’s the cop, here, Tracey.”

“Yeah, well, sometimes, cops need help!”

“Great! So we’re stuck here. We might as well just die here!”

“Great! You’re giving up?!? Rachel, we need to get out of here and out of this mess and tell someone that she’s still alive!”

“You’re really going to turn her in?”

“Yes! No! I don’t know... I mean, she’s our friend, Rach!”

“I know. But, she’s not the same Eve that we grew up with, Trace. She’s changed. She’s been consumed. Consumed by revenge for Sarah Lewis.”

“So, what are we going to do?”

“I really don’t know, Rach. I really don’t...”

“So, I guess, we’re doomed?”

“Looks that way. I guess we could always stall her and see if we can come up with something.”

“Guess that’s what we’ll have to do...”

Both sat in silence as they contemplated their fate. It was then that Fate decided to intervene. The door to where they were being help opened and in walked their former best friend.

“Did anyone miss me?”

No answer.

“That’s not very nice, you know?”

Still no answer.

“Okay, if you want it that way.”

Still nothing.

“Well, guess what?”

Nothing.

“I’ve got a surprise for you both.”

Nothing.

“What? You don’t want to know what it is?”

Still nothing.

“You guys are such party poopers, you know that? What happened to all the fun we used to

have?”

“All that changed when you became fixated on Sarah Lewis,” Tracey answered.

“I’m just going to ignore the fact that you just said that.”

“You know it’s true, Eve!” Rachel said.

“Well, do you want to know the surprise?”

“Surprise me.” They both said at the same time.

“You guys are free to go.”

“What?!” they were both shocked.

“You’re free to go.”

“Is this a joke?”

“Nope. I’m letting you guys go. You’re no fun anymore.”

“But, what happened to your plan of revenge and us helping you?”

“Don’t need you guys for it. I came up with my own plan.”

“You’re just going to let us go like that? Even when you know that we know that you’re still alive?”

“Don’t push your luck, Trace. I said I’m letting you go and I’m letting you go.”

“Aren’t you afraid that we’ll tell the cops that you’re still alive?”

“I’d love to see you both try that.” Eve smirked. “Well, do you want to go or not? Because the offer lasts until 30 seconds...”

“We’d love to, but since you’ve got us tied to this pole, we can’t exactly get out of here now, can we?” Tracey answered.

It was then that Eve Jacobsen tossed them a knife and walked off. Rachel immediately used her feet and tried to drag the knife towards their hands to try and cut the rope. It took them about an hour to finally get themselves free. When they walked out, however, Eve was no longer anywhere near. Rachel spotted a car with the car keys still in the ignition and immediately signalled to Tracey. They got into the car and drove off, never once glancing back. They drove in silence, neither one wanting to break it and talk about what had just happened. It was only when they reached the memorial park that they finally let out a sigh of relief.

“I don’t get it. Why did she let us go? There must be a reason for it.” Rachel said as she looked at Tracey.

“I know. But, I don’t know why she let us go. Truth be told, I think there’s another reason for this.”

“You think she’s got something planned?”

“It’s possible. You never know. I mean, this is Zoë McCallister we’re talking about, Rach. She’s organised but also highly unpredictable. She’s not Eve anymore. She’s someone else.”

“So.... what do we do?”

“Two things. We sit here and wait or we take a nice slow drive back to my place and unwind and then try to think about what just happened and how best to work it out.”

“Good idea. I could use a nice, long bath after this whole mess.”

Little did they know that getting into that car would cost them dearly and lead to where they currently were- in a hospital bed, clinging on to dear life.

Preview: What do Tracey and Rachel do next? The all important event that led them to deaths door. The answer to whether or not they will awaken.

Eeeeeeeeeeeee update!! :D

I agree, something must be wrong with the car <_<

Well, maybe :unsure:

Unless she has something worse planned :ph34r:

Anyway, it's completely fantabulous as ever, Chrissie!

What is it with people not telling me they update?!

More soon! :D

• 2 weeks later...

You know how much I love cliffhangers, Shannon.

Funny :rolleyes:

From chapter 2, couldn’t help but quote it…

“I don’t deserve you. You’re too good for me.”

“Well, too bad, mister. Coz, you’re stuck with me for as long as we both live.”

Aww :wub:

4) Shan, I think you've hit your head

Don’t tell everyone, Ali :P

“Did anyone miss me?”

No answer.

“That’s not very nice, you know?”

Still no answer.

“Okay, if you want it that way.”

Still nothing.

“Well, guess what?”

Nothing.

“I’ve got a surprise for you both.”

Nothing.

“What? You don’t want to know what it is?”

Still nothing.

“You guys are such party poopers, you know that? What happened to all the fun we used to

have?”

I don’t blame Tracey and Rachel for not replying to Zoe, whoops. I meant Maxine Trood. Loved that part. Awesome writing Chrissie, sorry I forgot about this fic. Wont happen again.

Update soon. :)

Lol, you better not, Shannon. Thanks for your comment. I'm still writing out the next chapter. It's coming to me... Slowly.... I vaguely know what will happen it's just that they aren't meshing in very well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

^ Thanks guys...

In order of a special occasion- our SP returning from the dead to SB today, here's a teaser:

“Trace, stop the car!”

“What? In the middle of the road?! Are you nuts?”

“I don’t feel good.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. I just feel sick. I think I need to throw up.”

“What? You’re not throwing up in my car, missy!”

“Well, then stop the car!”

“I would if I could. There’s no where to stop. And I can’t stop in the middle of the road, Rach!”

“Tracey! Watch out!”

Archived