Spin-Offs

Guest Amir

From what I've seen, Supernatural is popular enough to go on for quite a few more years yet. I don't think there is a worst spin-off, so I am putting my person favourite 3 spin-off :P.

1. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

I ain't a big fan of the original L&O because of the format. An episode consists half of detective work and half courtroom drama. SVU is a simpler format but most of the time it is like someone has hit you in the gut. Plus it rocks to see Chris Meloni on TV still.

2. Torchwood.

At first I thought this would be crap, and yes some of the episodes were bad but I will probably love this show till the very end. All of the characters are far from perfect and it never backs away from that.

3. Angel.

Needs no explanation!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The obvious spin-off that comes to mind is Joey. It was ok to start of with, but then it became tedious and boring, plus the time slot that it was shown at meant that it didn't get as much viewers as it could have.

Joey on his own wasn't as interesting, and it just made me miss the other 5 characters even more. I loved Gina, but everytime I saw her I was reminded of the fact that we didn't see her in the episode with all of Joey's other sisters.

I like CSI, Vegas is the original (i think) followed by Miami and New York. I found New York, boring to begin with, but I think it's great now. I'm not sure if they count as spin-offs. :D

I would have loved to see a Charmed spin-off based on Wyatt and Chris, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen, not when Supernatural is going on.

I hope the Grey's Anatomy spin-off can work too and I think it could, Addison is a great character and Kate Walsh (who plays her) is an amazing actress. I can't wait for it.. but I'll miss her in the original show! :(

I remember watching the first few episodes of Joey and being really bored. It wasn't as funny as Friends, it just didn't quite get it. Was it written by the same people? I think the thing is that spin-offs are always going to be judged by the standards of the original show (at the beginning anyway) so that's why Joey didn't work. On it's own, it could have been a good show.

Tis not the same though.

I just wanted the spin off for Wes Ramsey viewing.

He was great as evil adult Wyatt!

Not the same?? :blink: No spin-off have been made and this is just a fan fiction.. And if a spin-off wore made i dont think it would be all about Wyatt. I think it would be Chris AND Wyatt :P

They shouldn't spin-off successful shows because like Ashirr-Leigh said, the spin-off will be always compared to the original show - which would be very hard to live up to. They should learn from this and spin-off moderately successful shows (shows that get a fair amount of viewers, but need a lot of improvement). That's my opinion anyway...

Archived