Spin-Offs

Guest Amir

Recently it was announced that there will be a "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off featuring Kate Walsh's character "Addison". Personally, I hope it's good, and they don't wreck her character, because she is one of my favourites on the show.

IMO, the best spin-off we've had was Angel (that's a spin-off of Buffy, right?), and the worst was Joey.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to say, Joey wasn't that good.

I was hoping, and I think one of the networks were considering, a spin-off Charmed with Chris and Wyatt... But that can't work now because of Supernatural.

I think the sucess of Grey's is largely due to the interaction with the cast, and although Kate is an awesome actress, I don't know whether she can hold a show together on her own. But I'm still hyped for this wheni and if it comes in May.

I recon if you are wanting to create a sucessful spin off, you need atleast two or three characters from the show you're branching off, because you have all these new characters to get into. A bit like Joey, I found that hard to get into because all the other characters seemed lame besides his sister... And she wasn't in the episode The One Where Chandler Doesn't Remember Which Sister, so I kinda found that hard to believe that they didn't use one of those sisters.

IMO, the best spin-off we've had was Angel

Yeah i think Angel is the best spin-off there is. Many characters from Buffy have been in some episodes of Angel, and they went on for 5 seasons.

Funny, sad, action, drama, romance and some scary moments :P

It was good but not as good as Buffy IMO. Loved the first season with Doyle (RIP) in, but after about the season where Cordi turned evil it went abit down hill. Glad they didn't do another spin off about Faith!

I was hoping, and I think one of the networks were considering, a spin-off Charmed with Chris and Wyatt... But that can't work now because of Supernatural.

Why can't that work? Would really like that as i'm a huge fan of Charmed.

The only spin-off that was really bad was Joey, thought he was boring by himself, Chandler, Ross etc... brought the best/ worst depending on how you look at it, of him.

Can't think of anyother spin off's that have been really good/bad.

It was good but not as good as Buffy IMO. Loved the first season with Doyle (RIP) in, but after about the season where Cordi turned evil it went abit down hill. Glad they didn't do another spin off about Faith!

Why can't that work? Would really like that as i'm a huge fan of Charmed.

It can work, it's just going to look like a copy of Supernatural though. It's like making a new show about a bunch of people who crashed on an island and can't get off it. Having the same type of story playing in week, week out could turn people off, or make others critize the Charmed spin-off as they they think they're copying Supernatural...

I don't know what the ratings are like in the US, but I can't see Supernatural lasting another two seasons.

Archived