Summerland

Guest ~Rosey~

Apparently The WB/Aaron Spelling Productions won't release it because "There were to few viewers and it won't sell well enough" - if they bother to look at some of the fan sites, they's figure out that that's not true.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're worried about not selling enough all they have to do is advertise it with Zac Efron in it and millions of teenage girls (me included) will race out and buy it. :wink:

^ Really? I thought it was long gone. That's great. At least it gives me some hope :D

My fave storyline was definitely the Cam and his dad one. Nikki grew up a lot during that time too. :)

Yeah, I have to say Cam had the better storylines throughout season two, but was such and under-rated character until 'Safe House' - yeah, Nikki grew up so much I was shocked, she was always whinging and whining about one thing or another until then - also, after watching that episode the first time round, I just had a feeling Zac Efron would be a big star one day, and hey, I was right :lol:.

Also, after watching the episodes leading up to it and that particular episode, it amazes me that the younger the character is, the more mature - Ava, Suzannah and Johnny are all in the same general age group, and are just a bunch of big kids, Jay is the next one, and although he suffers from 'Peter Pan Syndrome', he always has something wise to say, Erika is next and she is pretty knowledgeable and mature, Bradin is next and well, I can't exactley call him smart, but he was always mature when it involved family (he ruined it though in 'What's Past Is Prolouge', though :P), Cam and Nikki are next, and boy, they're just incredibly mature for 13 year olds, they've had to go through so much and had been forced to grow up, nd Derrik, for a 9 year old, he was so incredibly mature, and I guess it all stemed from his parents dying - he never got to grow up properly, he was forced into it. Sorry about the rambling :P.

^ Don't be sorry I'm just glad I've finally found someone I can talk about these episodes with :P

I agree with what you say about Ava, Johnny and Suzannah. They really did go around in circles for the most part of both seasons. Jay was awesome! It made me happy that he didn't have to fake an American accent for the part. It was so nice to hear an Aussie among all the others. Even though he said "Aunt" as "Ant" whihc kind of annoyed me. I wan't too fussed about Erica. Bradin had some good moments. When he was dealing with Sarah and he was really quite scary when he had that drug OD (I don't think he should have got with Erica in the end either!). Nikki and Cam were purely awesome! For kids so young they have had a world of experience, and that made them good characters to watch. I had seen the show when it first aired on Ten and then had totally forgotten about it, except that Jesse Mac and Ryan K were in it, so I got a really pleasant surprise to see Young!Zac in it. :D Totally made the show even better. Derrick had his moments too.

:D

I'm just glad I don't bore someone when I talk about this stuff - my friends like it, but not as much as me, they honestly think I'm crazy for going on about it :lol:

Yeah, Cam and Nikki were just, I can't even find a word to descibe them, I guess I'd have to go with fantastamazing (pretty bad word lol), , and the fact that Cam is played by Zac Efron makes it better :P. I watched Summerland during it's first airing, and never once, during the HSM stage of my life, realised that Troy and Cam were one and the same, until a friend of mine mentioned it :lol:. Yeah, Ryan saying Ant instead of Aunt really pissed me off, especially with the Aussie accent - it sounded so fake :lol:. Yeah, it was kind-of scary when Bradin OD'd, but I was happy he ended up with Erika, the major chemistry was finally eralised, although I hated that in the final Johnny and Ava only kissed - if my memory serves me right, Johnny and Ava never got back together, which really annoyed me! Yeah, Derrik had so many great moments - he really had me in tears in the pilot episode when he said that his mum's birthday was coming up and he wanted to give her his present - him, it was so sad, seeing death through the eyes of a child :(

^ I thought that when Ava and Johnny kissed in the end that was them getting back together. But I don't think we actually saw them as a couple at all, which is kind of weird, since it was implied to much.

Yeah, that first episode had me in tears, if I remember correctly. Is that the one where they end up on the floor going through the box of stuff from their parents kitchen? I remember that bit made me cry.

Cam and Nikki were fantastamazing (as you so eloquently put it! :P). I really liked that episode when Nikki got a crush on that high school guy (name escapes me) but he turned out to be gay. Jealous!Cam was funny to watch :D

Archived