Support Group

Dan F

Darlings, you don't deserve that kind of treatment. It sounds to me that you need to give these so called "friends" a good dressing down.

Look. High school sucks. Everyone turns nasty, it's a hormone thing. It's not going to last forever. High schools just have such a clique-oriented mentality. When you get to uni or TAFE, or you get an apprenticeship, you'll find decent people with similar interests to yourselves and al those people who treated you like hell will be forgotten. It's hard at the moment, I know, but look at the friends you've got here

You guys are better than this. Don't let anyone treat you like anything worse than you deserve. Stand up for yourself, you're fantastic people, and don't let anyone treat you bad.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, that sux... :(

I don't know what to tell you... I've always been myself with my friends, and like I said, I was lucky enough to get a group of really cool people who liked me the way I was... I suppose because we were all as weird as each other :P.

If your current "friends" think that your weird, maybe you should look for some people who are equally weird and won't judge you for your weirdness.

Actually, I did do that when I was younger. I remember now, I had this so-called friend who liked to tell me what to do and how to act, and she'd say that I was embarrassing her when I was being myself... It took her leaving town for me to realise just how destructive she was to my self esteem. Luckily I found some people who were strange like me and we've been strange together ever since :P

I really do hate spedning m lunchtimesin the library. I haveto make up some excuse when I get home as to why I havnt eaten my lunch

Kat are you my twin or something?! Same with me, people tease me over my obsession with Home and Away. I get called gay because my favourite charachter is a female (as you all know)

I really thought school was a place where people were supposed to enjoy and have fun at lunch time and stuff. I guess not :(

I guess not Rosey.

Lucky for me, I only have the end of my Exams and then I'm out of there. So there's no point looking for some nicely weird People now. But I'm really sorry I don't know the Equally weird People, we may have been great friends.

As you all know, my Favorite character is male and I get teased that I'm in love with him or something... :unsure: Its weird.

Well I'm only in Year 9. I hate how I get teased in my exams because I dont do well. I now feel like i'm taking up alot of posts in this thread :( And i'm sorry but i cant help it.

I really do hate spending lunch times in libraries. Its stuffy, and all I really do in there is use the computers, and now they have blocked bttb, soit doesnt really help. I really dont know what I should do. I've been through about diffrent groups of 3 years of high schol.

I get started at by older years because I'm a tad over weigh. I spend a few days not eatig (drinking or course) but nothing seems to happen.

:(

I do know what that's like... I had a great time in high school, but uni... not so much. I've been to two different ones and have failed both times because I just don't care. I don't have anyone there that I can talk to because everyone there is interested in saving the world, or at least pointing out everything that's wrong with it. It's all politics and environmental issues, and if you don't like protesting against things you don't understand, then you don't fit in. In my experience.

From that point of view, again, I don't know what to tell you... I spent a lot of my lunchtimes alone or online, and then I just felt like I couldn't even do that anymore without being criticised. (There was this dragon lady that used to stalk the computer room and tell you off for surfing on non-study sites...)

It's really hard being alone, and really distracting. I didn't want to do well at uni becasue I didn't want to be there because it sucked being alone all the time! I'd much rather be ditching it (like I am now) and spending my time hanging out with my friends, or just being by myself at home where no one can judge me for it...

I do get what you're going through (sort of) and I wish there was an easy answer... The only advice I have is to be yourself. I know that sounds corny and is easier said than done, but if you think you're weird, then be weird and make that your thing. People will either tease you - which they're doing anyway - or respect you for standing up for yourself, and start to see that you're more than weird, you're actually a cool person that they'd like to get to know. That's the way it was for me in school... unfortunately at uni, everyone is so focussed on studying that you can't even talk to them without having an alterior motive of "learning" something, as if every conversation you have is an informal study group on whatever boring topic you happen to be discussing... and god help you if you happen to think that men are human beings and deserve the same rights as women... sorry, my stuff.

Yeah... be yourself... if no one likes it, then at least you'll be able to respect yourself for not conforming to what other people want you to be - whatever that is... They all have different opinions and you'll go crazy if you try to make everyone happy... Just try to make yourself happy... That's not always easy either, but at least you'll know it when you get it right... You won't have to be waiting on someone else to validate you...

Okay, that was a little cathardic for myself, lol...

Meanwhile, if you must spend time in the library, check out he dictionary. Learning to use words effectively will get you a lot of respect in the world, or even just at school. I spent a lot of time alone growing up and became good at writing and drawing because of it... Maybe... if you spend sometime with yourself - without worrying that you're not with other people... you'll figure out who you really are, who you want to be, and the kind of people you want to be around...

Can't hurt to try :P

God that was the biggest ramble. lol... I really don't think before I type :P

I'm not overweight but look fat because I have a really thick waist. Which looks stupid because my ass is kinda small.

Anyway, Lunch Time Sucked so bad. Lessons and Exams are easier, because all you can do is do what your told by the Teachers. Try focus on your lessons Rosemary :P

A few days without eating does not work and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. If there's one thing I know, it's about this subject. Once severely anorexic I advise just to eat a healthy diet and DONT GO STARVING YOURSELFS. WHO CARES about peoples opinions? Live your life Rosey. You wouldnt think I played Basketball and Soccer and Camogie and god knows what else at first glance because of my waist but it turns out I'm good at it. What I'm saying is do what you want and dont let your size influence you.

EDIT: And agree with everything Jem said. Maybe thats why I like writing so much, my all time favorite book was the dictionary :P

Well I'm only in Year 9. I hate how I get teased in my exams because I dont do well. I now feel like i'm taking up alot of posts in this thread :( And i'm sorry but i cant help it.

I really do hate spending lunch times in libraries. Its stuffy, and all I really do in there is use the computers, and now they have blocked bttb, soit doesnt really help. I really dont know what I should do. I've been through about diffrent groups of 3 years of high schol.

I get started at by older years because I'm a tad over weigh. I spend a few days not eatig (drinking or course) but nothing seems to happen.

:(

Sweetie, for a start, don't do that. a) it's unhealthy and b) when you don't eat, your body panics and it stores fat. Not a good idea.

Honey, if you hate it, don't do it. Look, it doesn't matter what other people think of you. It sounds stupid, but it's not. The people that judge you aren't worth your time. Your friends should like you for who you are. Just try talking to different people in your classes. I know it's scary, but just try it. And never let anyone make you feel like you're less than brilliant.

No one proberly wants to readthis, but my eating pattern goes liek this somtimes

Monday [or random day of week]

No breafast, No lunch, Forced dinner by parents and at night sometimes alcohol [shush!] or redbull on the odd occasion

Tuesday [or random day of week]

Maybe muffin for breakfast, no lunch, no dinner, more alcohol.

I did a BMI in the middle of the week, and it told me I was obese, bit ironic really. I neevr thought of myself like that. I though I was just a little bit overweight, but oviously not.

You can try it for your self if you think I'm lying, i'll PM you my details

Meanwhile, if you must spend time in the library, check out he dictionary.

Read a dictonary? Crazy..but I could try it.

but you see in my school, everyones labbelled. Theres the emos, the punks, the losers, the nerds, and what not.

i'm starting to think I classify under all of those. I dunno. I'm sorry for moainig somuch. Its 1 am and I just cant stop thinknig about it.

I now feel like i'm taking up alot of posts in this thread :(

I feel like a hypocritical know-it-all, dishing out all this advice without being able to take any of it myself, so I guess we're even :P

My counsellor (one of them...) once said that everyone's problems are important. I never felt that I deserved help because my problems weren't "real"... I come from a good home, I've never been abused in any way and no one's died on me... but I still feel like crap and I don't know why, and that upsets me... It took me a long time to be able to talk about it without feeling completely selfish and useles... I mean I still feel like that, but now I don't care so much that I'm bringing everyone down with me :P

But again, that's just my random issues... I think we all like to give out advice in this thread to feel useful. I for one don't get that much in my life, so when someone asks for my help I like to do the best I can. Therefore, don't stop asking on my account :)

Archived