Soapstar Superstar (UK)

Guest jess2801

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Soapstar Superstar' contestants revealed (source digitalspy.co.uk)

Saturday, November 25 2006, 14:19 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

The eleven contestants taking part in the next series of Soapstar Superstar have been revealed by ITV.

Coronation Street will be represented by Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), Tupele Dorgu (Kelly Crabtree) and Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby), while Emmerdale stars Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah Dingle), Ben Freeman (Scott Windsor), Verity Rushworth (Donna Windsor-Dingle) and Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe) will also be joining the contest.

Stars of Australia's two main soaps have also agreed to join in the fun; Neighbours actor Alan Fletcher, who plays Karl Kennedy, and Home and Away's Mark Furze (Ric Dalby).

Former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan and Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson have also signed up for the show.

Soapstar Superstar returns in the New Year with new host Zoe Ball, who will be taking over from Fern Britton and Ben Shephard.

That will be brilliant, I love this show!

So is this kind of like "It Takes Two" in Australia (I forget the UK name... "Just the Two of Us"?) because Mark rocked on that. He can indeed sing :). Alan Fletcher would be great to see too, hehe.

When is this being shot and how long does it go for? Because they might be doing it while on holidays from H&A and Neighbours. Or is that just wishful thinking :(?

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on Mark's band Charger to release their first single. Any time guys...*taps watch.*

So is this kind of like "It Takes Two" in Australia (I forget the UK name... "Just the Two of Us"?) because Mark rocked on that. He can indeed sing :). Alan Fletcher would be great to see too, hehe.

When is this being shot and how long does it go for? Because they might be doing it while on holidays from H&A and Neighbours. Or is that just wishful thinking :(?

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on Mark's band Charger to release their first single. Any time guys...*taps watch.*

I think so, emmasi, although I never watched either of those shows. It's a bit like 'Idol, but with celebrities, and, as others have said, it is not a requirement of the show to be able to sing. :P

Do the contestants sing on their own? And every week do they have a different genre or do they choose their own song? I would like to see Mark singing again, I miss it :(! He could play his guitar but after what the judges said on 'It Takes Two' (How mark should just focus on one thing.), I'm not so sure.

Archived