Soapstar Superstar (UK)

Guest jess2801

'Soapstar Superstar' contestants revealed (source digitalspy.co.uk)

Saturday, November 25 2006, 14:19 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

The eleven contestants taking part in the next series of Soapstar Superstar have been revealed by ITV.

Coronation Street will be represented by Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), Tupele Dorgu (Kelly Crabtree) and Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby), while Emmerdale stars Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah Dingle), Ben Freeman (Scott Windsor), Verity Rushworth (Donna Windsor-Dingle) and Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe) will also be joining the contest.

Stars of Australia's two main soaps have also agreed to join in the fun; Neighbours actor Alan Fletcher, who plays Karl Kennedy, and Home and Away's Mark Furze (Ric Dalby).

Former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan and Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson have also signed up for the show.

Soapstar Superstar returns in the New Year with new host Zoe Ball, who will be taking over from Fern Britton and Ben Shephard.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Soapstar Superstar' contestants revealed (source digitalspy.co.uk)

Saturday, November 25 2006, 14:19 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

The eleven contestants taking part in the next series of Soapstar Superstar have been revealed by ITV.

Coronation Street will be represented by Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), Tupele Dorgu (Kelly Crabtree) and Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby), while Emmerdale stars Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah Dingle), Ben Freeman (Scott Windsor), Verity Rushworth (Donna Windsor-Dingle) and Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe) will also be joining the contest.

Stars of Australia's two main soaps have also agreed to join in the fun; Neighbours actor Alan Fletcher, who plays Karl Kennedy, and Home and Away's Mark Furze (Ric Dalby).

Former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan and Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson have also signed up for the show.

Soapstar Superstar returns in the New Year with new host Zoe Ball, who will be taking over from Fern Britton and Ben Shephard.

Eeeeeee I can't wait. It's not very often you see H&A & Neighbours stars on UK reality Tv. :D

The thing is people always vote for who they have heard of. Like Eastenders/Corrie/Emmerdale are more popular in the UK than Hollyoaks/Neighbours/H&A like last year it was Corrie vs Corrie in the final. :rolleyes:

I still hope both Alan & Mark get far (Or win) :D x

Although we know Mark can sing, it isn't actually a requirement of the show - last time there were some awful performaces!

I actually know what you mean, but I can't remember who at this moment of time. All I know is that Richard won (And how predictable it was). :rolleyes:

Archived