Rock Me Gently (by I love music) - comments

Holly

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie's childhood, an interesting thought. A great start, I read Promises to Keep and was hooked from beginning to end, you're a pretty talented writer. Look forward to the next chapter.xx

• 2 weeks later...

I must confess that I didn't really watch H&A when Angie was in it, but I think your story is really good so far.  Interesting to see how Angie became so different to Josie.  I feel sorry for her, and I'm assuming it will be hard for this to have a happy ending.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, I didn't watch much when Angie was in it either!! :lol: But she's kind of interesting to write about, I like three dimensional characters. Hmm, the happy ending...I prefer them so that's something I usually aim for (apart from in Sleeping Beauty 'cos that's just a revenge fic! :rolleyes: )

Might get a bit behind with this fic as I went to view a flat today and it's everything I want tho more expensive - anything to get away from the druggies where I live now! :angry: So hopefully I'll be moving in a few weeks.

Loved your follow-up to Memories and looking forward to reading more. :)

I've actually finished my fanfic, but the site won't let me post the end for some reason. It's very irritating. :angry:

Good luck with the flat! There's no druggies where I live, but lots of mould growing on the walls in the bedrooms. Nice. And mites, but we got rid of those. Ah, that's student slums for you.

I've actually finished my fanfic, but the site won't let me post the end for some reason. It's very irritating. :angry:

Good luck with the flat! There's no druggies where I live, but lots of mould growing on the walls in the bedrooms. Nice. And mites, but we got rid of those. Ah, that's student slums for you.

You could always post your fic on here. :)

Thanks, I'll know in about a week if the flat's definitely mine and then it'll be about four weeks till it's ready. Hope you manage to get rid of the mould. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way you think about how children think about things differently - like the number/brain bit when the man killed himself. But yuck about the mouse!

That was exactly what I thought! You're really good at getting inside what the characters are actually feeling and thinking which makes it seem really real. The mouse incident made me retch-I can imagine Josie being scarred for life! Also really liked Angie's Mum's outlook on men, pretty similar to how Angie developed in later life. Still a great story, look forward to more.

Thanks for your nice comments. I can totally see Angie and Josie as kids in my head so they're quite easy to write about. :)

BTW, for future reference, can anyone tell me what type of writing I do best? (Sorry if that sounds big-headed, but I can't think of any other way to put it). Sometimes I think no one's reading (which means I'm wasting my time writing :( ) but I don't know if ppl prefer me to do humour, pathos, kids, poetic, drama or whatever. Also, what characters? I find Kane the most fascinating to write about, but Angie's fairly interesting - and I think I'd like to do Sally as a kid some time if anyone wanted me to.