One Thing Leads To Another...

Guest SfanS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too late...and he-eres my next chapter!

Chapter 18: New couple, old couple

Rachel rolled over and groaned as she heard a knock at the door. It was probably someone like Brad, waking her up for no reason. She'd done night shift, as one of the doctors had passed away the other week, and it was working her and Hayden nonstop. Although, when she heard Kim's voice yelling at her to open up, as he had a surprise for her, she raced out of bed to the door, as quickly as she could...

"I don't know Hayd, I think you're wrong about them being just friends" Kit told Hayden, as she tried to feed Annabelle. While Kit took her eyes off her for one minute, Annabelle decided to be cheeky. She knocked the baby food off the bench, going everywhere on the floor. "Ugh!" Kit groaned.

"That's what you get for trying to play matchmaker" hayden teased her. Kit turned around to glare at him, but he was just laughing.

Rachel swung the door open to reveal Kim, who had a picnic basket in his hands. "What are you doing here?" she asked him, trying not to care about the fact that she was still in her pyjamas, she looked like a wreck from lack of sleep, and her hair was a tangled mess. "You need cheering up, and I'm the one for the job" he told her cheerily. "As much as I appreciate it, I'm not dressed...or fit to go out today...I haven't even showered!" she exclaimed. "That's okay, I can wait" He said, taking a seat on the lounge, and flicking the television on. Rachel smiled as she went to go and get in the shower...some things never change.

Kit and Hayden came to Rachel's apartment to check up on her, and to give her company, but could see she already had it. When they saw Kim sitting there, Kit turned around and raised her eyebrows at him, as if to say " I told you so". "Hey guys, what's up?" Kim asked them as they entered.

" Oh, we just came to see Rachel...what are you doing here?" Kit asked him, hiding a cheeky smile.

" I'm here to cheer Rachel up...but she's still getting ready." he told them.

" Okay. We'll leave you two alone then" kit said, pushing Hayden out the door infront of her.

" it's nothing like that!" he called after them, but they had already left. He wished it was though.

Hayden and Kit went to the diner to have lunch, but spotted Martha alone, and decided to keep her company. "Hey, why the long face?" Hayden asked her, as he and Kit took seats.

" Oh, it's Jack. Ever since Tony died, he's been depressed, he's never home, it's like he doesn't want to see me and Riley! (J&M's son). Then, when he does get home, all we do is fight! I guess, with Kim and Rachel back on track, another relationship falls apart. It can't all me good news, I guess" she said.

"Hang on, what did you say about Kim and Rachel?!" Kit asked her.

"They're back together. I mean, it's SO obvious. They spend so much time together these days, and they look pretty cosy. I mean, the other day they were practically on top of eachother" she said. Kit and Hayden exchanged surprised looks. So they weren't the only two that had noticed it....

"Hey, do you remember that time when we both dove into the water after your paperwork, getting soaked?" Kim asked Rachel, and she nodded, both laughing. " or that time you serenaded me! That was just weird!" she exclaimed. Kim pretended to look offended. " Weird? I thought it was romantic!" he exclaimed, pressing his hand to his heart, looking up into the sky, then joining Rachel in her laughter. " I've missed times like this. Laughing, just having a good time together" Rachel told him. After a moment of silence, they both leaned in and shared a tender kiss.

"Oh my God!" Cried Kit, after seeing Kim and rachel from her spot, a way away. "it's true. See, I told you Hayden, they ARE back together!"

Kim and Rachel finished their kiss, both pulling their heads back slowly, laughing nervously. " So, um, where do we go from here?" Kim asked her. " I think we can try to start our relationship again" Rachel said slowly, and both of them happily leaned in again.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON

Kim and Rachel came in after their pinic, kissing passionately. Kim pulled away for a moment. " Are you sure you're okay with this?" he asked her. Rachel thought for a moment before nodding, and she kissed him again, before she was ready to take it one step further, and lead him to her bedroom....

THAT NIGHT

Martha sat by herself on the lounge. The television played, but she didn't pay attention. Riley was asleep in bed. Martha continued to check the clock every few seconds. 10:30, the clock read. Jack was supposed to be home an hour ago. He can't be working late, he's ALWAYS working late. But indeed, she was right.

Jack sat in the surf club, drinking beer after beer, with the wrong kind of "mates". He needed to get rid of the constant pain that wouldn't go away, let Martha's nagging voice out of his mind. He didn't care that he would feel worse in the morning...he could always drink more.

Martha fell asleep on the lounge...Jack never came home...where WAS he?

Oh, this is what i've forgotten!

I changed the timeline a little, so here arfe the ages:

Riley (J&M's): 1

Annabelle (well DUH!): 2

Ella: 2 and a half

Noah: 3

Pippa: 6

VJ: 8

Ryan: 11

Any other kids I should add in?

Archived