All That You Can't Leave Behind

Guest Adia

Sorry I haven't been updating... I hope you guys are still interested :unsure:

Anyway here's a summary before I update, mostly because I forgot where the story was at...

At the end of the last summary on page 53: Rocco is worried about Karl and how he’s going to get the money. Sally notices something is wrong, but Rocco tells her there isn’t. Nina sees Johnny at the beach giving drugs to a guy – Dave - from her school. Later she approaches Dave and asks him to get her some stuff.

Rocco sees her doing a deal with Dave and tries to warn her (yet again) about getting involved with that kind of thing. She tells him to back off and that she can handle it. But Rocco knows that there is something else going on…

After that:

Martha gets very sick and Rachel suggests that she run some tests at the hospital to find out what’s wrong. Jack is worried and thinks that the person who drugged him possibly might have drugged Martha as well.

Beth causes a scene with Rocco at the beach about Matilda. Rocco tells her how much he cares about Matilda, but she won’t listen. Johnny and the gang are in earshot of their argument and approach Rocco and Beth. Feeling a bit intimidated Beth leaves and Johnny tells Rocco he’ll always be there for him. Once Johnny and the boys are gone, Karl threatens Rocco about the money. Before he leaves he deliberately lets slip that Nina and Johnny are seeing each other.

At the hospital Rachel and Martha talk about Jack and wonder who would want to go after him. Rachel mentions the lack of information in Nina’s medical file and Nurse Julie delivers Martha’s blood test results. She’s pregnant!

Matilda sees Nina on the beach and asks if she is able to stay with her as she feels that Sally’s house is too crowded with her being there. Nina is hesitant and nervous at first, but tells Matilda it’s okay. Martha is also on the beach thinking about the baby and how she will tell Jack. When she gets home, she’s ready to deliver the good news, only to have Ash turn up and spoil the moment.

Colleen tells everyone at the diner that Madge Wilkins has finally woken up after her accident, but that she can’t remember any details about what happened. Beth comments that she’s received a lot of parking tickets in the last week or so.

Nina bumps into Johnny and her brother on the beach and asks him if Matilda can stay with them. He says it’s okay, but that he’s having a party with the boys that night. He asks if it would be awkward if Johnny was there because of the fact that she broke up with him. Nina lies and tells him that they are definitely not seeing each other anymore and that everything is fine.

Beth and Tony head back to the car, but when they get there it’s gone!

Ash causes some tension between Jack and Martha and they have an argument. Tony calls Jack and they meet up at the station to see what to do about Beth’s car. Tony mentions the parking tickets and Ash and Jack look up the ID of the police officer who issued it. Lara tells them that a patrol car has found Beth’s car. Ash tells Jack that the police officer giving the tickets is Nathan.

Rocco packs his bags and decides that it’s time for him to leave. Matilda catches him trying to sneak out and tells him that she loves him. She also tells him to stop letting Johnny control him all the time and Rocco decides to confront Johnny to get him out of his life for good. Johnny doesn’t take it well and tell Rocco that if he goes to the cops about anything he’ll regret it. He then tells Rocco that if he ruins what he has with Nina he definitely WILL KILL Rocco.

Colleen refuses to serve Nina at the diner. Macca sits down with her and tells her about a drug dealer called Chopper who has been asking around about her. Martha is walking along the beach thinking about Jack, when she spots a beaten up Rocco lying in the sand.

Nina sees Martha trying to help Rocco and also goes over to help. She wants to call an ambulance but Rocco tells her that he is fine. Martha suggests that they go back to the caravan park and get him cleaned up. While Martha calls Matilda, Rocco tells Nina that Karl beat him because he wanted his money and that if he doesn’t get it he WILL hurt Matilda. Nina tells him that she’ll get the cash for him from her savings.

Beth’s car is a complete wreck and is all burnt out. Ash tells Jack that he thinks Nathan is corrupt and has something to do with the car being stolen. Jack and Ash tell Harper about their theory back at the station. Harper questions Nathan and Ash reveals that Nathan’s ex-partner at CID got sent to jail. Lara interrupts them and tells them that the Police Commissioner is on his way to visit.

Matilda blames herself for Rocco’s injuries. Ash and Jack return home and start having a few beers while talking about their day. Martha enters and is not impressed at what she sees and tells Jack she doesn’t want to be around him anymore.

At Jake and Nina’s house, Johnny explains the plan to the gang about the next robbery. Johnny worries that it’s late and that Nina isn’t home yet. When she finally does arrive, Johnny sneaks into her room to see her and says that once all the boys are gone he’ll come back.

Martha checks on Rocco to make sure that he’s okay. Nina texts him and tells him that she has the cash and will give it to him before school. Sally, Martha and Alf talk about Rocco’s situation and hope that Johnny will soon get caught by the police.

Johnny tells Jake that he has to leave, but later climbs in through Nina’s window. They spend the night together and they both realise how deep their feelings are for each other. In the morning Johnny decides to walk with her when she goes to meet Rocco. Sally catches them together on the beach which puts them all into an uncomfortable situation. Jack apologises to Martha and asks if it is okay for Ash to stay with them for a few days. Reluctantly Martha says yes. Jack gets a phone call from the station telling him that the Commissioner want to see him.

Nina gives Rocco the money and he later gives it to Karl. Rocco tells him that he doesn’t want anything to do with him anymore, but Karl tells him that it isn’t over just yet.

Jack meets Gordon Callan, the Police Commissioner, who apologises for everything that’s happened to Jack and lifts the suspension. Gordon asks McGrath if him being there is a good idea and mentions the Jake and Nina situation.

Johnny pays a visit to Sally at the school and tells her not to say anything about his relationship with Nina. Sally stands up to him, but Johnny threatens her and her family if she gets mixed up in his affairs. After class Sally tells Nina that Johnny threatened her and that she is worried about Nina’s situation with him. Nina apologises for Johnny’s actions, but tells Sally to mind her own business.

Matilda and Jake talk about some of the issues in their lives and discover they have a few things in common. While Matilda is in the living room, Jake takes some drugs in the bathroom.

Jack and Martha decide to have a picnic. Martha FINALLY tells Jack that she is pregnant. Karl meets his brother Chopper at the Rocket Club and tells him that he wants to get Johnny out of the way. Chopper doesn’t seem interested, but later tells Karl that if can get a message to Nina he’ll help out with trying to bring Johnny down.

Rocco and Ric talk about Matilda. Rocco tells him that Matilda deserves someone better. Even though he has strong feelings for Matilda, Ric says that Rocco also deserves some happiness in his life. Ash secretly meets with Johnny and they discuss what happened in the city. Ash tells Johnny that once Jack is out of the way, they will be able to get to Martha and hand her over to their Boss.

Beth calls the police and tells them that Matilda has run away from home. Gordon and Darren go to Nina’s place to get Matilda. Nina is angry when she sees Gordon, but talks Matilda into going with them. Matilda tells her that Beth has gone way to far by involving the police.

Coming up spoilers:

Matilda makes a confession that shocks her family. Rocco goes in to bat for Nina, but finds himself in a dangerous situation. Jack and Martha's relationship takes a sudden turn as Ash stirs up trouble...

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Thankies guys!

I'm not very happy with this chapter, but it's just a short filler to get me back into the swing of things...

ChapterOneHundredTwenty:

Nina hadn’t seen her brother for days, and while she wondered and worried about him, she knew that he was quite capable of looking after himself. He’d done it before, but now she realised how empty he’d become. How he drowned all of his emotions with drugs and alcohol until there was nothing left for him to feel. She felt guilty for letting it get that far. She felt guilty about everything.

The boys in the gang were getting anxious about the robbery. They should’ve left Summer Bay by now to move on to the next town. Johnny had his reasons for staying though, having postponed it twice now, giving Jake’s disappearance as an excuse hoping that the boys wouldn’t lose interest and bail on him too. However, secretly he relished in the chance to be alone with Nina, seeing her every chance he could get and keeping her as close to him as he possibly could.

Seeing him was the only time that could bring herself to smile. Matilda had been absent from school since going back to Beth's and Rocco had been dealing with his own troubles and not really talking to her. He felt awkward too, not knowing how to deal with the fact she was seeing his brother. Johnny had always been a figure of aggression and anger and Rocco couldn't quite understand why she dig her own grave like that.

For Nina though, being with Johnny; having him hold her in his arms with her head resting so close to his heart was the safest that she had ever felt.

She'd gotten used to having him around, and as they lay there in the darkness, she realised that they hardly spoke to each other. As if somehow all they had to do was look into each other's eyes and they would automatically know what the other was thinking.

“Have you heard from my brother?” she said finally.

Johnny kissed the top of her forehead and ran his hand down the side of her face. “Yeah, I saw him yesterday,” he said finally. “He’s pretty messed up. The guy’s on a never ending bender…”

She rolled her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh.

“You okay?” he asked her. “I was gonna tell you…”

“Yeah, its fine,” she told him. “It’s just, he said he wasn’t using anymore and I stupidly believed him that’s all.”

“You know I kind of like the fact that he’s not around…” he grinned.

She laughed and kissed him gently on the lips. “Yeah you would!”

The bedroom door creaked loudly as Jack slowly opened it. He sat down on the side of the bed and started unbuttoning his shirt. As he pulled off his uniform, Martha wearily opened her eyes and sat up.

“You’re late,” she said reaching over and turning on the bedside lamp.

“Yeah, I got caught up at the station,” he apologised. “Things are pretty hectic around there at the moment.”

“Jack, I haven’t seen you all week,” she groaned. “You come home when I’m asleep and you’re gone before I wake up…”

“I know, but we’re just really busy at work…”

“You do remember that I’m carrying your child right?”

Jack grinned and leaned over and kissed her. “Of course and I think about that all day. I miss you I really do, but I just figure that if I put in some hours now, I won’t have to when the bub comes along. At least I’ll have a good excuse then…” Jack lay down next to her and pulled the covers over him.

“Just thought I’d check,” Martha smiled. “The good news is, I’ve been booked in for a scan next week to see how far along I am.”

“That’s great,” he yawned. “But tell me about it in the morning okay… I’m absolutely shattered.”

As Jack closed his eyes, Martha sighed sullenly before finally turning off the light.

Yay! You're back!

Jack's an idiot. She's carrying his flippin' child and he just yawns and sleeps. Tut tut tut. Not impressed Jacky-boy. Not impressed at all. I bet he'll probably forget about the scan aswell :angry: Martha should slap him and bring him back down to reality. :wink:

Great chapter, apart from Jack. <_<

Welcome back, please update soon!

For Nina though, being with Johnny; having him hold her in his arms with her head resting so close to his heart was the safest that she had ever felt

Aww, cuteness :wub:

Jacky :(

You do not amuse me <_<

But he is adorable when he's sleepy :wub:

Gosh, I just cant do it, it's like impossible for me to hate him, I love him too much *sighs*

Great chapter, glad your back :)

Archived