Cover Blown?

Guest Lilone

Jack shoved Drew out of the back door and shouted “Go get help, now!”

Drew tried to get Jack to go with him but it was too late Denise had already saw Jack and dragged him into another room.

Drew ran as fast s he could on to the main road and headed towards the nearest phone box.

Jack was dragged into another room, the more he tried to get away the more Denise hit him with the baseball bat.

Jack dropped to the ground in pain motionless. Denise repeatedly hit him.

Jack could not do anything except wait for help to come.

As Drew raced to the phone box he saw Alf driving towards him,

“Alf call the police, quick Alf Jack is in danger!”

Drew shouted as he hurried Alf to make the call.

As Jack was lying on the ground in a daze he heard a scream

“Get off me now” shouted Denise.

As Jack looked over he saw Denise being brought to the ground by someone.

Denise was struggling but as he tried to get away he was being handcuffed.

As Jack was lying on the ground in pain he looked up as the man walked over to him, “Jack are you ok?”

Jack thought he was dreaming and tried to move further away but was stopped when he heard “Jack mate, help is on its way”

Jack reached up for his hand but saw him moving further away.

As the man left the room it was not long until more people arrived,

Lara arrived with Ken who was followed by paramedics.

“Jack everything is going to be ok” said Lara as she watched him being led in to the ambulance.

Drew was walking back into the house when he realised that he lost his jumper as he was brought, Drew walked around to the back of the house. As he bent over to pick up his jumper he heard rustling from the bushes.

“Who’s that?” asked Drew as he looked over into the bushes.

The figure in the bush started to rush away but Drew was determined to find out who it was.

As Drew chased them he ran as fast as he could.

The person eventually stopped a few minutes later and turned around.

Drew stopped at looked at him.

“What?”

Drew was speechless; he couldn’t believe what he was looking at

Peter walked further towards Drew and said

“I am sorry”

“Sorry for what, you can’t be alive. You are dead”

“Mate I was going to tell you!” said Peter as tried to carm Drew down.

“This is not happening,” shouted Drew as he ran away from Peter and headed towards the house.

“Drew wait” shouted Peter as he didn’t know what to do next.

Peter was confused about what to do next, he knew that Drew was a smart kid but was it time for Peter to come out of hiding,

Peter pulled out his mobile and dialled a number.

“It’s me. I think I’m ready!” He said as he placed his phone back in his pocket.

Peter headed to his car, which was parked about 10 yards from where he was standing.

Drew was walking through the bush back towards the house were he was taken to by Denise.

“Drew we are ready to take you back to your place” said Lara as she managed to draw Drew’s attention. “Drew we can take it back now”

“What, owe ok” drew replied all flustered as he entered the car.

As Drew sat comfortably in the back of the car all he thought of was Dan saying “I’m sorry he died last week” went through his head over and over.

‘It must have been someone else’ Drew thought to himself trying to distract him but nothing was going to take the thought of his dad being alive.

“Are you ok?” asked a concerned Lara.

“Everything is going to be ok, Denise will be locked up for a very long time”

“Denise…. Was that his name?”

“Yes, when your dad was alive he was put in prison by your dad and Claire but by the time he was released Pete had gone. You know he would be so proud of you!”

As Drew took the information in, he wondered why they wouldn’t have just gone after Pete if he were alive.

“who ever called 000 in time to save Jack should be congratulated”

“But didn’t Mr. Stewart call you?”

“No a person passing by made the call”

Drew could not figure out who would of made the call, what if Pete is still alive” Drew thought.

As Lara pulled up by the house, Drew left the car thanking her for the ride and made his way inside to a very happy Leah and Dan.

“I am ok I think I need to change my clothes” said Drew as he walked to his room, ‘But he can’t Dan saw him die’ Drew said over and over.

As five minutes passed Dan was starting to worry about Drew, as he was still not out of his room.

Dan walked up to his room slowly opening the door, “Are you sure you ok, you have hardly said anything”

“I’m ok, just been through a lot”

As Dan went to walk out of the room Drew said “Dan wait can I just tell you something”

“Sure” replied Dan as he sat opposite Drew.

“Dan since I came to the Bay I know that we have had our bad times but I want to say that I think of you as my dad, no matter what happened you are there for me.”

“Where is this coming from?” asked a very flattered but confused Dan.

“After the past day I have had time to think, and no matter what happens you will always be like a dad to me” said Drew.

Leah entered the room saying “Drew, Dan. Morag is here and wants to talk to us”

Drew knew that what ever he saw in the bush was more likely to be reality then a dream so he prepared himself.

Leah, Dan and Drew entered the living room where they saw Morag looking on edge sitting on the sofa.

“Ok, now this is not going to be easy but I have been told to tell you this”

Just as Morag was about to finish her sentence, they heard someone walk through the front door.

As Peter entered the room he looked over and Drew and Dan.

“I’m sorry Morag but I have to do this”

Dan looked up at Peter in shock as he looked towards Leah and saying “Pete?”

“I had to do this my self”

Drew stood up and walked over to Peter.

“So you were the one in the bush, you were the one who called 000?”

“Yes it was”

Before anyone could say anything Dan cut of their conversation by saying “You can’t be standing in front of me I saw you die” before barging past Peter and racing out of the house.

Everyone in the room was shocked by the Dan’s reaction.

Leah got up and immediately stopped Drew from starting a argument by taking him in to the kitchen while they watched Pete race after Dan.

“Dan please wait” shouted Pete as he ran after his confused brother.

Dan turned around and shouted, “I can’t believe this, Peter I grieved for you, I grieved!”

“I’m sorry”

“I thought you was dead, you know how hard it was to think you had lost your brother and best mate!” Dan shot back at Peter’s apology.

“Please Dan don’t be like this” Peter asked hoping Dan would listen to his explanation.

Dan stopped and looked towards a very upset older brother.

“When I was took the hospital, they told you I was brain dead, Well Dr Green was told to tell Rachael I was!, But as soon as you had left my side and you was told I had given Jack my liver, I was rushed off to a hospital in the UK”

“Why did they lie?” asked Dan, as he was even more confused.

“They had to mate. I was being targeted by a mafia family and was told I needed to go in witness protection, I told them I did not want to go but after the explosion at the wedding they put me and Claire in hiding, I hated, Dan I hated the fact they told you I was dead”

“So this Mafia family was the one who kidnapped Drew?”

“Yes that is why I come back to get them off Drew’s back. As soon as I knew Drew was in danger I walked out of the programme and returned too Summer Bay. But it for me I could not properly return until they had been caught, that is why I have return now because they have been locked up” explained Peter.

“I just can’t believe you would put Drew in the slightest bit of danger” shouted Dan.

“Please Dan!”

“Please what” shouted Dan as he clenched his fist and smacked Pete to the ground.

“I never want to see you again” shouted Dan as he left Peter on the ground and walked further away.

As Peter was on the floor he felt someone helping him up from the ground,

As he turned round he saw Colleen helping him up but as she saw it was Peter she dropped him in shock.

“Gud aye Colleen “ said Peter as he grinned at her.

Archived