Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

Yes! Claire finally got what was coming for her! :D Although I cant believe Miss Flecther believed her withouth hearing Tracey out at first! I think Zoe is jealous of Peter and is feeling left out...? I dont know :P

Its been 2 months! Update asap!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next bit:

"Come with me to the canteen." Tracey said.

"Hmm.." Zoe mumbled.

"What?"

"Sure I will."

They bumped into Peter on the way.

"Hi, sweet!" Tracey said, throwing her arms around him.

"Shh- not here!" Peter whispered, snapping his head toward the end of the courts. Mrs Fletcher was wandering about.

Tracey kissed his cheek. "Not here," he repeated cautiously. "Maybe later."

"Later?" Tracey laughed.

"I'm not referring to sun down if that's what you're picturing." Peter laughed along.

CRAAACK.

"What was that?" Tracey dropped her arms around Pete.

Peter's eyes were on Zoe's fists. "What's up, Zo?"

"Nothing- can we uh, go and get a hotdog or something now?" Zoe said.

"Sure." Tracey smiled at Pete. "I'll catch you later."

"Yea. Bye now." Peter stepped past her and disappeared behind a bush.

"Why do you do that.." Zoe asked quietly.

"Do what?" Tracey said with interest.

"Nothing."

The both of them stepped around to the canteen and groaned.

"It's only second period," Tracey moaned. "Grr i'm starving!"

Zoe laughed. "Maybe if you weren't so wrapped up in Peter then you'd be right on schedule."

"What about you? YOU thought it was interval too!" Tracey playfully shoved Zoe.

"I was waiting for you to realize." Zoe said.

"Whatever." Tracey giggled. "Sh*t! Religious education! Come on, we're late."

Tracey skipped ahead of Zoe, and Zoe pulled something mysteriously out of her pocket.

A small testtube enclosed with sleeping gas. Zoe laughed.

"Right behind you.. BUDDY." She skipped after her friend.

After R.E, Tracey and Zoe sat onto a barbeque table.

Kim skipped past. "Hi Tracey, hi Zoe."

"Hi." Both girls replied.

When he was gone, Tracey leaned over. "Are you sure your okay, Zo?"

She reached over and gave her friend's hand a supportive squeeze. Zoe felt terrible about the way things had to go; but she couldn't help it. She was on the merge of crying but she didn't want Tracey to notice.

"Hey hey- whats up hun?" She leaned over and held both of Zoe's hands.

"U-umm.." Zoe said, biting her lip. Tracey tilted her head, waiting for a reply.

"I'm just.. sad about Kim thats all." Zoe pulled her hands away. "It's fine, honest."

"Honest?"

"Honest."

Zoe sank back in her seat, and her eyes wandered over behind Tracey.

Clare and Florence; standing there smiling. They both walked a seperate direction.

When Florence just about disappeared, she put two hands on her cheeks, signalling a sleep sign.

Then she smiled at Zoe and walked away.

"Stay here," Tracey said. "I'm going to the bathroom."

Zoe saw where this was leading and hesitated in reply. No, she wanted what she needed and that was the way the plan would proceed.

"Or not?" Tracey said.

"No no, go. I'll be fine." Zoe sank back cautiously. Tracey nodded.

"Okay," she smiled. "Two minutes."

When Tracey got there, the toilets were filled with chattering teenagers and all the cubicles were taken. She sighed. "Pleaseee don't make me go down to the deserted junior block!" she muttered.

When she got there, the lights were all turned off.

"Give me a break," she said, and switched the lights on.

When she was just shutting her cubicle, the lights flicked off again.

She sighed angrily. She got up to turn the lights back on- and was shoved roughly against the wall!

"Do you think, that you would actually get away with your silly actions, my darling."

"Florence? Ah!" Tracey squirmed in her grip. "Ow let me go! What are you doing?"

Florence held her tightly. Someone else swept mysteriously around the room.

"Who are you?" Tracey uttered loudly.

"Sorry Trace," the voice replied sadly.

"Zoe!?" Tracey opened her mouth to scream. Florence's hand flew onto it and clamped shut.

"Be quiet. One cannot be too careful," she rasped. Then she felt another presence next to her.

She heard a lid pop open with a loud "boop!"

"What's that? Whats..." Tracey's eyes drifted shut and she sank away.

Florence caught her. "Now what, Zoe?"

All Tracey heard were the words 'very soon' before she drifted off into a deep sleep.

When she awoke, a nurse was patting her forehead with a damp cold cloth.

"Florence White brought you in," she reported, dabbing the cloth lightly onto Tracey's skin. "Said you had fainted, but you don't have any high temperature."

"No- it wasn't like that-" Tracey sat up very quickly.

"No no no no no," the nurse soothed, setting Tracey back down. "Stay here and rest."

When the nurse had exited the sickbay, Tracey's head spun around with dizzyness and unanswered questions. "What the hell is going on.." she wondered aloud.

"I'm sorry Tracey." Zoe popped up next to the bed.

"Argh!" Tracey moved over to the side in fright; and bumped her head hard. "OW! Zoe what the hell are you on?"

Zoe shook her head.

"Zoe?"

"It's just the way things are." Zoe said.

"Meaning what?" Tracey rubbed her head and glared at her so called best friend. Her eyes watered.

Zoe didn't answer.

"Why didn't the nurse see you?"

Zoe sighed. "The bed and the floor, allow me enough room to hide."

Tracey swallowed. Now what? Is Florence going to march in and kill her? She shook with panic.

"Don't worry Trace. It will be over soon I promise." Then she pulled a testtube out of her pocket. Tracey recalled the loud pop in the toilets before she had fallen into a deep sleep.

"No no no, Zoe. Get that the hell away from me."

Zoe didn't answer. She twisted the top off, and held her thumb onto it.

"No!" Tracey dove under the covers to escape the gas.

Zoe grabbed her throat, pinning her into place. The pain drifted away when the gas hit her system and sent her into yet another deep sleep.

"Tracey!"

Tracey snorted awake at the angry voice of Peter. She groaned. "W-what?"

Peter glared at her angrily; and Tracey suddenly felt cold. She moved her hands around her shoulder and gasped.

Her dress! Where is it! It was gone!

Then her head bent toward the person lying next to her. Zoe!

Tracey could have screamed; she would have, if the petronising trance hadn't held her in place.

Tracey uttered in complete shock. Zoe wasn't wearing a dress either!

Then she snapped her head at the doorway; a heart broken Pete stood, reaching the urge to cry.

"No- Pete-" Tracey started.

Peter gave her a last glare- and disappeared out of the room.

"You sick bi*ch!" Tracey punched Zoe.

Zoe dropped her sleeping routine. She stepped out of the bed, and replaced her dress.

"What the hell are you on, you f*cking cow!"

Zoe didn't answer. Tracey's anger grew at her lack of response. "Answer me! What is going ON?"

Zoe still wouldn't reply. She zipped up her dress and put her shoes back on.

Tracey stared at her with her mouth wide open.

This isn't happening, this isn't happening, she repeated mentally.

Zoe grabbed her backpack. "I'm sorry Tracey." Then she dashed out the door.

An hour later when Tracey had recovered her tear-bloched face, she was greeted by a scene, not so surprising.

Clare again? With her arm around Pete.

When Peter saw Tracey, he stepped up to leave. His head was bent low, but she could see he had been crying.

"It's sick, I know." Clare was holding his hand. "Don't worry. Let's not wait for her girlfriend to come out."

Peter sniffed angrily. He stomped off with Clare.

Tracey's mouth was wide open. Tears spilled uncontrollably down her smooth cheeks as she gritted her teeth and clenched her fists.

"It's just business, Tracey." Florence walked past her. She was too upset to react; Florence wasn't on her mind.

Suddenly, Tracey's face became blank. As if in a trance, she walked slow and straight toward the opening of the school gates. The emotional load bouncing hard on her back as she made her way toward the front road.

Archived