Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

Next part:

"I-I just dont get it," Tracey stuttered, rubbing her cheek hard. "Is it all off?"

Zoe glanced at her. "Yeah, it is."

The two of them were walking slowly up the street, toward the school. It was a two minute walk from Tracey's house.

"I bet it was that nasty cow Clare," Tracey said, steaming. Her fists tightened and make a clicking sound.

At the sound of her name, Zoe swallowed again. Focusing on the path ahead of her, she brought her head up and tried to push out the nasty scene from her head.

"Sorry Zoe."

"Don't worry about it."

As they neared the school, Tracey immediately spotted Clare.

The part that shattered Tracey's heart into millions of tiny pieces, was the fact she was sitting next to Peter, with her arm around him. Peter was staring at the ground and speaking softly.

As she stared in shock, she watched Clare wrap Peter up into a hug. Her heart stopped when he returned the hug to her.

Clare glanced up, saw Tracey gripping her bag strap as if she was about to explode.

She winked at her. Giving a nasty sneer in disgust, Tracey stamped away in a huff.

"Tracey wait up!" Zoe skipped after her friend.

"That little whore- who the hell does she think she is?" Tracey stormed her way into the bathrooms and gripped the side of the sink angrily. New tears were beginning to form on the edges of her eyes.

Zoe put a helpful arm around her mate. "We'll get her back."

"How?" Tracey turned and looked into Zoe's eyes. "How? I want that b**** exterminated from this school forever!"

"So would anyone else. But it cant include violence in any form or else we'd be getting into trouble too."

Tracey sighed. "It was so much better when Pete was with me. It's pretty clear that her strategy was successful. She's taken Pete back. But i wont let him go. Not without a battle."

At interval, Tracey was seated into a wooden bench near the shady trees, waiting for Zoe to arrive back from the canteen.

She didn't want to turn around. She never wanted to. Seeing them there again, stabbing herself in the heart wasn't the thing she needed right now. She could hear Clare's soft cooing to Pete. She couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but she heard a few of the words clearly.

"Such a cow, i dont know why she did that to you."

"I know. I'm sorry I dumped you Clare."

Tracey's tongue turned to cotton and she bit her lip, fighting back the urge to burst into tears.

"Sorry im late- oh..." Zoe slipped next to her and put her arm around her hip. She'd recognised Peter and Clare when she was making her way over to Tracey. So she didn't immediately start asking questions.

"Cheer up babe. Look- i got you a muffin." Zoe pulled out a muffin and pushed it playfully into Tracey's nose.

Tracey sniffled and moved her head back. "No thanks."

Zoe dropped the muffin. "I haven't seen you eat in ages! Come on just a bite- i'm worried about you."

"Don't worry it'll be fine. I'm just not hungry." Tracey kept her eyes on the surface of the table.

Zoe kissed her cheek and wrapped her up into a hug.

"I told you she wasn't worth it," Clare said, squeezing Peter's hand.

"Yeah..well.." He still had feelings for Tracey. Clare wasn't such a big deal anymore. No matter how hard he tried to convince himself she was being forced to kiss back, it just wouldnt do at the moment.

"Who is John?" Peter pulled his hand out of Clare's.

"A mate."

"I noticed you two hanging around quite a lot."

"We're just mates. Quit worrying so much- you're mine now."

Peter's head began to spin. Suddenly, the soft Clare that was comforting him for the beginning of the morning had disappeared. The b****y Clare was back. It began to occur to him that the whole thing was just an act. A soft - behavioural act she had put on. He had been with her long enough to know the real her, and the soft her she had played this morning wasn't the real her.

Sure, he'd only been with Tracey for a short amount of time, but he was too busy taking advantage of the whole kissing scene he hadn't really taken the time to notice the red-faced, teary-eyed girl that stood before him, pleading a second chance. She was the only one he had ever known that had treated him with a reasonable amount of respect and he wouldn't throw that away for the world.

He got up, dusting himself off. Tracey and I are meant. Tracey and I are meant. The words played over and over again in his head.

"Peter where are you going?"

"Away."

"From what?"

"You."

Glancing back, Zoe looked at Peter in surprise.

"Tracey look! They're fighting." Zoe whispered into Tracey's ear.

"Huh?" Tracey's head turned in interest.

"Peter please," Clare said.

"You're a manipulator and a liar. I don't wanna talk to you- Just leave me alone!" he broke free from her grasp and sprinted off, leaving a red-cheeked Clare on the ground, with her mouth wide open.

Tracey's eyes widened. Was this a sign for a second chance with Pete?

"I should go talk to him..." Tracey said quietly.

"Well- what are you waiting for? Go get him, babe!" Zoe pushed Tracey encouragingly toward the trees were Peter had fled toward.

As she watched her best friend run toward Pete anxiously, a smile formed on her face. So glad for her now! she thought happily.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a hand that whammed itself onto her shoulder.

Glancing back, her eyes met Clare's. "Hello, Zoe," she said, quietly. "Have fun yesterday?"

Puffing and running after Pete, Tracey forced her legs to catch up with Peter's speed.

Thanking God, she watched him give up and seat himself onto a near bench. Grasping his head with confusion, he exhaled stressingly.

Tracey took each step slowly. Her heart was beating very fast.

"Peter..."

"Sit down."

Surprised, she took a seat next to him. She licked the roof of her mouth, trying to get rid of the dryness.

"Did that guy really force you to kiss him?"

"Yes. I swear i'm telling the truth. I didn't mean to hurt you Peter- please believe that." Tracey's heart stung with love.

Peter nodded. Sighing and sitting up straight, he looked into Tracey's eyes.

She could see clearly he wanted her back, and this, she did not have a problem with.

He bent down to kiss her again and she shut her eyes as their lips touched.

Wrapping an arm around his shoulders, she relaxed in his arms.

Her muscles relaxed even more when the fact that nobody was around this area hit her.

This time, it was Zoe's turn to push Clare up against the wall.

"You cow! It was you who scribbled on Tracey's face, wasn't it?" Zoe's face was red with anger.

She had dragged Clare into the toilets straight after she had confronted her at the benches.

"Ok ok i'm sorry just release your grip a little, yeah?"

Zoe's fingers released a little. She suddenly gave up, let go and sighed.

"Zoe im sorry. I just dont wanna cause any more trouble ok?"

Zoe nodded, trying to believe that everything that was going on was true. "You can start by apologizing to Tracey, not me. You and your plans- you know?"

Clare tried to smile politely. "Please just give me a chance- i wanna be friends with everyone."

"Until everyone you've hurt and annoyed is pleased with your apology, the offer will be accepted."

Clare threw her arms around Zoe.

"Just a chance- PLEASE! I won't mess up, I promise."

"Okay..?" Zoe slowly lifted her arms to try and hug Clare back.

It would be hard for her to adjust the fact that the girl that had harrassed in the toilets was making peace with her. It would be hard to believe, but she knew she wouldn't be able to carry on properly if it kept going. Her best friend needed her help and she was going to support her through the whole way, even if it meant this.

Then Clare said: "I'm sorry about yesterday. It was part of the plan but it won't happen again. Please forgive me."

This was happening all too quick and confusing for Zoe. She was speechless. She knew that if she didn't accept the apology, nothing would change. But she wanted what was best and that included sacrafices, such as making peace with Clare, the relationship tormenting back-stabbing princess of the school.

"Alright, i accept. Just don't start anything else up again like this, ok?"

Clare nodded. "You won't be disappointed."

Watching from the bushes, an angry John sat watching.

"First she drags me into this mess, then she makes piece with the chick she harrassed in the toilets. What the f*** is going on? She will pay. I'm not the soft person she tries to make me out like."

Startled by the loud bell, Tracey broke away from the kiss. A few of the students were starting to approach from other ends of the field.

"We'd better get to class," Tracey said, picking up her bag.

"Yeah, we should. We've gotta walk all the way down to the end of the science block and thats far away so we'd better get going."

Making their way quickly toward the classroom sections, their feet were rapidly walking.

Mrs Fletcher turned a corner and bumped into them. "Sorry guys! Peter- can i have a quick word please?"

"Sure miss. Tracey you go to class- i'll see you in a few."

He walked round the side of the building with Mrs Fletcher. The noise of students chatting and screaming began to quiet down. They were attending their classes.

She watched him disappear from her sight, then she began stepping over long strings of grass.

Aching with affection, her head was spinning. She was so happy now. She'd make sure nothing would rip Pete and her apart again.

Making her way to Chemistry, strong hands suddenly grabbed her from behind, slamming her against the back of a building.

"Ow!" her head throbbed with pain. Looking up wearily, her eyes met John's face.

He didn't look so good anymore. He looked crazy.

"Oh no please- let me go.." Tracey's voice was shaking.

"Everyone else is in class." he rasped. "It's just me and you now."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooooohhhh!!! John's a freak *hits John over the head with the hammer to save Tracey* I just read it all!!! Really fantastic. Evil goes nice, and the other way round, aye? I like where this is going...POOR TRACEY!!! And where's Kim? Defend Zoe's honour! Defend Tracey's honour Peter, what the hell are you doing? He and John should have a fight in the middle of the classroom, LOL

She thanked me!! She really really thanked me!!! bThe brilliant writer thanked me!!! AHHHH!!! Just kidding....or am I? (that's a ver sad Megehety quote, don't askl!) Did you say another idea? Another idea/??? AHHHHHH!!!! I don't want to miss out tomorrow. Are you telling me I have to wait to see it. Ah, no one has any clue, coz I'm TOTALLY spaz. But, It took me all that to say, You're doing a great job.

Shannon, can be both kill John and Clare? I'm sorry but she's really Evil! I can't belive she would stoop so low! But, I still love her coz Katrina is so awesome! :D

Rachel, update. I need inspiration. :) Anything Tracey and Zoe would help. No pressure. :P

Archived