Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks peeps! Next update:

Uttering in shock, the only move Tracey made was a toss of the note on the ground as she bounded up the balcony steps and threw herself into the house.

Suddenly, the only heat she seemed to experience at the moment, was the constant thumping of her heart. The temperature of the weather seemed to bother her no more.

And there was only one solution as to who had killed that innocent bird and pinned the note to its chest. Obvious, really.

Clare Brody.

That wasn't hard. She might as well have signed her name at the bottom!

She just has to keep on going and going, Tracey thought angrily. She settled herself into a lounge chair and gripped the arm rest with anger. Her eyes darted across the room and landed on the phone.

Dashing toward it and dialling Zoe's number in, she waited for the phone to dial through.

"Hello?" Tracey noticed Zoe's mother's voice.

"Hey Mrs McCallister. Is Zoe there please?"

"Tracey- hi. Uhh, no she isn't at the moment. I can take a message if you want."

"Oh no, thats ok. I'll txt her. Thanks anyway."

She hung the phone up, disappointed at her failed attempt to speak to a friend about this disturbing note that had been rotting in her mailbox for about..four hours at the most. She remembered checking the mailbox before she and her mother had left to get to town for the date, so Tracey's day out had given Clare enough time to slip the bird in the letterbox while they were driving round.

"Great," Tracey said, quietly but angrily. "Maybe I should never go out again so I can catch the little whore red-handed."

Hoisting herself up onto her feet, she lay her body smoothly across the couch and gripped her forehead in stress. It had only been seconds before she drifted off to sleep...

Awoken and startled, Tracey snorted and sat up suddenly. The phone had begun ringing and had woken her up. Glancing at a clock, she realized she had been napping for about half an hour.

RIIING RIIIING!

A groaning Tracey dragged herself toward the phone table and sat next to it on a chair.

Picking the phone up, she yawned. "Hello?"

"Heya Tracey- its Zoe."

"Oh hey."

"Mum said you called me before."

"Yeah I did, and Clare sent me something totally disgusting in my mailbox."

There was a short silence.

"Like what?" Zoe's voice was low and quiet.

"Like a dead bird with a retarded note pinned to its chest," Tracey sputtered.

Zoe coughed lightly. "That's sick."

"Yeah. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Um i gotta go- i have to help with the dinner. We'll meet up soon ok? Bye bye."

Click, and Zoe was gone.

Sighing and dropping the phone back on the hook, she stumbled outside to greet her mother as her car approached the driveway, crunching the stones with its bulgy tyres.

Skipping quite fast outside was her only choice. She didn't want anyone, or out of all people, her mother, to see that note. She had the biggest mouth in the world and she would go straight to Mrs Fletcher, demanding a power lecture over the students, which she didn't need or want as she had already agreed to handle it all with Zoe at this point.

Agreeing with her mind, she kicked the bird into a near bush and finding the note blown against a tree trunk., she scrunched it up in her fist.

"Tracey what on earth are you doing?" her mother was locking the car doors now.

"Picking up excess litter," Tracey lied.

"Oh good girl. Come on lets go inside its getting cold. What's for dinner?"

"Um..chicken."

Her mother nodded and held the door open and they both stepped inside.

The time had quickly passed that day. After dinner, it was already a shocking 8:00pm.

"Off to bed in an hour," Tracey's mother ordered.

"Sure mum. Now would be okay anyway."

Nodding and yawning, her mother walked drowsily upstairs. "I'm hitting the sack now. Sweet dreams, darling."

Tracey stared after her mother as she disappeared around a corner in a hallway, then she picked up her cell phone. She coolly dialled Peter's number in.

"Peter- hi!" she whispered into the phone when he answered. "Yup- see you at school. Uh huh. Oh- my txt? Yep..I'll tell you at school." Tracey held the phone tightly to her ear.

"What was it you needed to tell me?" Peter answered back.

"Uhm- ill tell you at school." she repeated. Then Tracey's thoughts wandered over to an angrily Peter swinging his fist at Clare.

"Alright well I have to go anyway because Dad's getting mad. See you later, babe." Peter hung up his phone.

Hanging up a couple of seconds after, Tracey dropped her hand onto her lap and yawned loudly.

Her feet sleepily carried her to her bed, as she shut her eyes, preparing for another school day the waiting tomorrow had in stall for her.

Her objections toward attendance at school the next day had been correct.

As soon as she had entered the school yard, a group of girls had hollered out of Tracey as soon as her presence had entered the grounds.

"How was Florence's party? How much was the cab home?" Lots of laughter.

Flushing heavily and gripping her bag strap tightly, she forced herself to push through the crowd of girls laughing hysterically in her direction. It occured to her that things had just gotten even worse when she had hesistated at seeing Mrs Fletcher about the students' actions in the school, and now it was time to take action. Especially John.

He had tried once again, to harrass her, and she knew almost every detail about Zoe and Clare in the bathrooms. Not to mention, the set-up party Florence and Clare had thrown, where they had deliberately gotten Peter drunk where Clare fell all over him like a rash and refused to stop until Tracey steamed over completely and left the house in a huff.

Well? Wish granted, you selfish c***, Tracey thought with complete disgust. She felt like vomiting.

She glanced around. Zoe was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe her bus hadn't arrived yet, Tracey was sure with certain. She had wanted to talk to Mrs Fletcher so she decided to make a start, whether Zoe liked it or not. The problem had to be solved, and bottling it up inside wouldn't be helping at all.

She stepped into the school office and asked the lady at the desk nicely if she could speak to Mrs Fletcher before formclass started in 30 minutes.

"Sure darling, just take a seat. Or you can go and see if she's ready." was the lady's reply.

Thanking the woman gratefully, Tracey slipped into the hallway where the entrances to certain teacher's offices led to.

She stopped outside Sally Fletcher's door and raised her tight fist, preparing to knock. She recognised soft speaking inside the room, so she decided it would be best to wait, just as the lady at the desk had told her to.

She was just about to turn around and leave, when her ears picked up a sobbing noise from inside. She felt bad, but what the heck.

Holding her ear to the door, she struggled to recognise the person who was quietly crying. Too easy.

The voice unmistakably belonged to Clare. She had known this girl long enough to identify any form of noise she would ever make.

"A-and then Tracey said she was gonna get Peter back and she did and shes rubbing it in my face and making my school-life a living hell!" Clare sputtered noisily inside the room.

Tracey yanked her head away from the door. Standing in uttered shock, she swallowed.

No surprises here. Tracey would be framed of boyfriend theft and student harrassment.

Walking slowly and burning inside with anger and madness, Tracey stepped into the office entrance again and slipped into a seat, waiting patiently.

Five minutes later, a familiar sobbing noise hit her ears again. Glancing up, she noticed Clare clutching the doorway, wiping her face with the other hand. A red-faced Mrs Fletcher stood behind her, supportingly gripping her shoulder.

"Tracey Thompson. May I have a word with you in my office regarding the harsh harrassment you have been taunting Clare with?"

Smirking evilly and secretely, Clare stood in the doorway, all wrapped up in Sally's sympathy. She would use Florence as an alibi if she ever needed backup, anyway.

Tracey noticed the quiet sneer and her mouth flew open in detest. Uttering a cry of anger, Tracey shook her head unbelievably. "Mrs Fletcher-"

"Not a word, Tracey. Follow me, please."

Next part:

"Mrs Fletcher- have you heard CLARE'S previous actions?" Tracey protested in panic as all three of them made their way toward the assistant principal's office.

"That is for us to discuss inside," Mrs Fletcher said sternly, holding the door open for both girls.

Scowling in anger, Tracey pushed in firstly. Clare and Mrs Fletcher followed.

Seating themselves in a chair each, the two girls sat. Mrs Fletcher sat directly in front of them on her desk. Folding her arms across her chest and leaning back in her chair, her eyes sweeped over to Clare. "Now, sweety, explain once again, what you told me before."

"Well," Clare started. Tracey rolled her eyes.

All this trouble to earn sympathy she didn't even deserve. This girl has issues, Tracey decided in her head.

"Ever since Peter and I have started going out, Tracey's had her eye on him."

Tracey uttered a protest but Mrs Fletcher stopped her by holding a hand up. "Continue, Clare."

"She tricked him into telling him she could treat him better than I could and he's fallen for her by dumping me and now i hope you're happy, Tracey."

She slumped back in her seat and sympathetically wiped away a tear.

"I SAW the way you were manipulating him in a way he didn't deserve so i 'came to his rescue'!" Tracey snapped angrily.

"Tracey, please. Continue Clare. There was more than that." Mrs Fletcher said.

"Peter only sees Tracey as a hot flick and im just the hideous witch now that she's in the picture," Clare spurted. "Because he's popular Tracey wants to be seen around him, more than I do."

"May I?" Tracey asked the teacher.

Sighing, Mrs Fletcher finally gave in.

"Clare, you are a spoilt little brat, please accept that, for god's sake. I can't figure out why you can't fight your own battles by bringing your mates into the entire thing to back you up. It's like, you're practically hiding behind them and thats not tough at all, well, not as tough as you tried to make yourself out," Tracey sneered in Clare's face.

Clare was on the merge of crying, but she tried her best to hold it in as Tracey continued.

"You think you have everyone wrapped around that little finger of yours when you don't take the time to put yourself in everyone else's shoes to notice what they think of you. You're gonna lose all your mates, Clare. You've gotta accept sooner or later that ever since Peter and I got together he's never been happier, and I have to admit, myself, that he looked almost like a dead leaf while he was dating you. Possibly the lack of respect you showed toward your relationship, I guess. I suggest you make wise choices, you know."

Tracey's mouth was opening and shutting itself without any control. She had longed to say these things, and now she finally had the chance.

Clare's eyes squinted and moistened all over again, and Tracey started up again.

"And I suppose you don't want me mentioning that little after-school occurance with Zoe, me and John? Or the party, do you?"

Clare's face twisted in a look of shock and surprise. "Tracey-no!"

Both girls snapped heads toward the teacher.

"What party? And what happened after school?" she asked with complete concern.

"Clare harrassed Zoe McCallister in the toilets while she had John pinning me to the wall, doing practically the same thing so that Peter could see that I was cheating on him as well as distracting Zoe-" Tracey uttered out of control. Making no sense, either.

Mrs Fletcher's mouth flew open. "Clare- don't tell me that is true, please."

"Mrs-"

"Is it?" the assistant principal leaned over her desk.

"..Yes." Turning to glare at Tracey, Clare offered one of her most devilish looks. Tracey smirked back in reply.

"And what about the party?" Mrs Fletcher said, angrily.

"That was a plan to get Peter all drunk and heavy so that he would become vulnerable, in other words, under Clare's control. And since I was the only one invited, she wanted me to see them hooking up, which was rather immature and silly. So i took a taxi home." Tracey explained.

"Right. I want to see you after school Clare, and you will be suspended for one week. starting next week. I will bring John and Zoe in for questioning too..John Williams, is it?"

Clare nodded.

"Alright then."

The formclass bell sounded off outside. The noise of skipping and chattering students swept over the atmosphere.

"Both of you, off to class now, thankyou. I will be ringing your parents too, Clare. No questions asked."

The conversation ended and Mrs Fletcher returned to signing papers off.

Both trotting off in seperate directions, Clare and Tracey's hate for each other grew stronger as they neared their classrooms to attend rollcall.

Making a quick stop the bathrooms to fix her hair and lip gloss up, Tracey was afraid of accusation toward being a vain person. She wasn't really. She just wanted to look good for 'certain people.'

She dropped her bag onto a basin and stepped up to the mirror.

Smoothening down her hair and zipping open her pocket to access her lipgloss, she turned her head toward the feet-skipping noise that had corrupted in the halls.

Stretching her head around the wall, she noticed Peter standing outside his locker.

"Peter!" Tracey whispered loudly. "Oi- Pete!"

Peter opened his locker and jammed a few books in. "Get to class, missy," he joked.

"YOU go to class! Im doing my lipgloss."

"Big deal." Peter laughed. "Girls, girls, girls."

Laughing and skipping up to Peter, she embraced him into a tight hug. Then she explained everything in Mrs Fletcher's office.

"Why, that two-headed bi***!" Peter gasped. "Did you tell Mrs about John?"

Tracey nodded.

Hugging her again, Peter pressed her head to his shoulder. "It's ok."

Pulling away, he glanced at his watch. "I don't wanna go to formclass. Can't be stuffed."

"Neither." Tracey looked at his watch. "Ten more minutes," she said. Then she gave him 'the' stare.

"Oh no, Tracey. Not here- not now. What if someone comes?"

"Thats what cubicles are for," Tracey said softly, tugging on his tie.

"Mmph- aww Tracey!" Peter smiled back at her and sighed.

"Please?" Tracey said, pouting. Then she softly flicked her hair in his face, the way she used to do to him. The hypnotizing strawberry aroma sent him into orbit again. Her slick-layered hair was looking so good..

"Alright alright GOSH you don't have to hypnotise me." Peter laughed again.

Mumbling laughter, the two of them dragged each other into one of the cubicles.

They were soon interrupted by the bell, of what seemed like seconds, not minutes.

Breaking away from the kiss and laughing, they noticed the noise of students shuffing into the lockers, just around the corner from the bathrooms.

"Quick- get out!" Tracey shooed. Opening the door frantically, she pushed Peter out and laughed quietly to herself.

"What the hell! Where did you come from, Pete?" a boy asked him.

"I was uh, in the toilet."

"Well you must've been constipated cos' your hair's all messy." he commented.

"Shut up Derrick!"

More laughter.

Sighing with relief, Tracey flushed the toilet and exited.

"Where were you in form class?" Zoe asked Tracey in interest as she entered Art. Half the class had already arrived early.

"I was in the toilet," Tracey said.

"Wow. You were here this morning before school, so you shouldve come to form class after the toilets. Why don't you wait til you get home before you take a sh**?" Zoe laughed loudly.

Tracey joined in, but stopped. "Wait, how did you know I was here this morning before school? I couldn't see YOU anywhere."

"The teacher asked in formclass- said he'd spotted you this morning and was wondering why you hadn't turned up to rollcall."

"Ohh right." Tracey fiddled with her charcoal pencil and began scribbling quietly on the desk.

A few more students began entering the classroom.

" Or is there more?" Zoe began.

"Yeah." Tracey smirked at her then folded her lips.

"Spill, girl!"

"Pete and I shared a cubicle," Tracey laughed. She was cut short when she recognised Zoe's fist crackening into a tight fist.

"Zoe- whats the matter?"

"N-nothing, really. Carry on."

As Tracey went on, she pretended she didn't notice everytime Zoe grinded her teeth or fists.

What the heck is going on here? Tracey thought with confusion.

"So what's going on with Kim lately?" Tracey asked.

"Um- not too much. We broke up."

Tracey gasped. "Oh my gosh- why?"

"We uh- had a fight. It wasn't working out that well."

"Really? I thought you both went along quite well...but yeah. True."

Tracey frowned slightly as she struggled to figure out what was going on. Zoe? Mad? Why?

Shes probably just uptight about the whole breakup, she thought with reassurance.

The art class dragged on like a bored game.

No one really cared about pop art. There were several requests for paint fights but they were all, obviously rejected. Loud chaotic noises filled the entire room, and everybody was unsurprisingly glad that the bell ended the art class.

"So, are you and Pete, like, official?" Zoe asked anxiously.

"Probably, yeah. Nothing can come between us," Tracey said. Then she walked ahead of Zoe.

Zoe clenched her fist madly and gritted her teeth with incredible anger. She knew what she wanted...and she was going to get it, end of story.

Archived