Another Story About Jack and Martha

Guest Jamey-Maria

Type of story: short fiction/competition

Main Characters: Jack and Martha + family

Genre: Drama/Romance

Warnings: No

Is Story being proof read: Depends who's doing the chapter. Most of the time yes I guess.

Summary: Briefly summarise your story (5 lines max).

Challenge: A 16 part J&M fic written by four authors. The chapters will not be consecutive by each author. One aurthor will write a part and post and so on keeping with the order.

Order:

1)Me(because the other three are so incredibly lazy and annoying :P)

2)Jackandmartha!!!

3)xGlowingAngelx

4)Nicole

There will be no discussion of the plot line amongst the authors. (makes it more interesting) There is no time frame as to when this has to be set, depends on what the author before you has written. Whichever authors turn it is to write will have to read the previous chapter and carry on from there (obviously) O.k enough will the boring rules. :P We shall begin..

Note: And because i'm going first i'm making Martha's adoptive mother alive.

Chapter One

"Why that brand?" Jack whinged. "That one makes my tongue burn and my eyes water. Not to mention it tastes like-"

"It has nothing to do with what it tastes like and you know it." Martha cut him off. "You've been whinging about everything I pick up for dinner tonight just for the sake of it."

Jack let out a sigh and his eyes wandered up to the shelf with the various pasta sources on them, finally settling on the one with the big yellow print of 'ON SALE'. Martha just smiled lightly and put the bottle in the trolley. Taking his hand in hers and placing her other on his cheek, gently forcing his head to look at her. "It won't be that bad," She said softly.

"That's easy for you to say," He pouted with puppy dog eyes. "They're your parents, they're hardly going to rip into you about this like they are me."

"You think I'm not scared?" Martha laughed sarcastically. "I'm terrified. I'm worried that they might just turn around and disown me! But that's beside the point, we're adults and it was our choice. We gave it a lot of thougt and now we're happy with it. Arn't we?'

"Of course," Jack replied quickly not wanting her to have any doubts.

"Then that's all that matters. As long as it's what we think is best for us then I don't see how anything they say or do is going to change that."

"It's just that they only recently came around to the idea of us being in a stable relationship after.... well you know." His eyes trailed down. "I don't want to push anything with this. Maybe we should wait. Just hold off a little while until we shock them with this."

"Jack we have held off." Martha said in frustration, abrubtly moving her hand and started walking down the isle trying to distract herself with the other items on the list. Jack followed her and quickly picked up her hand.

"Please don't be mad." He said desperatley "If we're going to do this I need you to be on speaking terms with me. I certainley can't do it without you."

"So we're going to tell them?" A small smile started to appear on her face.

"If you really think it's best then yes. We'll tell them, together. Tonight." She hugged him tightly and when she finally loosened her grip, he looked he down at her. "You do realise that this is very likely to turn into WW3." He mocked, half joking, half full of fear.

"I'll make sure there are no knives or sharp objects anywhere in sight."

"I could still end up wearing the dinner."

"Surley anything would be better than eating something that makes your tongue burn and your eyes water." She smiled cheekily.

"Not if i cooked it." Jack breathed in and prepared to give his little speech. "If I cooked it they would be so caught up in how fabulous it was and how delicious it tastes that they would forget all about us."

"Getting a bit big headed there arn't we?"

"No, not really. Getting big headed would be saying how lucky they would be to have such good looking company to admire. Even thought it's true," His face smug with a wide grin.

Martha's eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me?!" She placed the back of her hand on his forehead, feeling for the temperature. "Are you feeling o.k or have you taken an extra dose of Jack's wonderful ego today?"

"Ha ha, very funny," He said sarcastically. "All I'm saying is that it might be better if I cooked."

"And why's that? She asked, detangling herself from Jack and raising her eyebrows, daring him to answer.

"Well you do find it easy to stuff up incredibly simple dishes. And before you bite my head off, you somehow managed to burn soup until it turned black! How the hell do you do that?!

"It was ONE time!"

"And it will never be forgotten." He laughed patting her on the head like a child.

"You're going to regret that," She glared with a mischievious smile.

"O.k so the dinner's almost done, table is set, we're ready, so why do I feel like i'm forgetting something important?" Martha asked, breathing heavily from rushing around the the house.

"Because you are. To relax!" Like you said before this was our choice, and as much as i'm fearing for my life at the moment, running around like a mad person trying to make sure everything is perfect isn't going to help my nerves, or yours.

"You're right. I just need to...... relax. How do I do that again?" Jack smiled from where he was standing in the kitchen wearing his light blue shirt and black pants and made his way over to the couch. He put both hands on Martha's shoulders and gently pushed her down until she was seated on the couch. Making his way to the back of the couch he placed his hands on her shoulders again a little further up her neck and began massaging the soft skin that covered her delicate frame. Martha's eyes closed getting lost in the feeling of his hands on her. He repeated the circular massage, until he felt her muscles ease up. Moving his face colser to hers until his lips were near her ear. "Like this," He whispered, before kissing her on the cheek. She turned her head so there lips met for a sweet and tender kiss.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful." He then asked making his way back around the the front of the couch again to join her. Martha had a simple back dress on that to came just above the kness. It had shoe string straps and accentuated her small curves perfectly and the long brown waves in her hair fell around her shoulders.They were interupted by the knock on the door that both had spent the day dreading.

"Just remember we can always kick them out," Martha joked quietly before Jack got up to answer.

O.k well that's my first one done. :D Your turn jackandmartha!!! It feels weird saying this on my own post but please update soon :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't be serious?! How the hell am I supposed to continue that??? What big secret am I supposed to think up? This is gonna take some thinking.... I'm afraid that the update won't be for a while because I'm out for practically the whole of today. Maybe it'll be up tonight (UK time). I really will try and update as soon as I possibly can. Btw, fantastic writing Jamey-Maria!! :) Hard act to follow.

You can't be serious?! How the hell am I supposed to continue that??? What big secret am I supposed to think up? This is gonna take some thinking.... I'm afraid that the update won't be for a while because I'm out for practically the whole of today. Maybe it'll be up tonight (UK time). I really will try and update as soon as I possibly can. Btw, fantastic writing Jamey-Maria!! :) Hard act to follow.

*points and laughs*

Enjoy! :D

I loved it though! Well done Krys! :D

You've made me nervous about this.. why did I agree to this? lol.

Archived