Another Story About Jack and Martha

Guest Jamey-Maria

That was a great chapter with some subtle funny moments- I had a constant smile on my face whilst reading that chpater. I could so imagine the look of unease plastered across Jack's face in that particular situation! :D

Excellent fic, can't wait to read your chapter xGlowingAngelx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. My turn! Sorry it took so long.

Chapter 3

Martha sat, in a daze, staring out of the window. She could here faint muffles behind her as the outbreak continued. Occasionally she would here Jacks voice interrupt, pleading with them to calm down. Salty tears rolled down her soft cheek, which she soon discarded as she wped them with the tip of her thumb. She knew she had to stay strong. She couldn't let it get to her. Yet, she couldn't understand why they were so against the idea.

The touch of someone's hand on her shoulder distracted her, she she looked up in time to see Jack sitting by her side. She placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Are you OK?" he asked. Martha hesitated, eventually replying; 'I just though, once we'd told them, things might get a little bit better.' Jack massaged her shoulder. "Don't stress yourself out. It's not good for the baby" he said, soothingly. Martha sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry"

"Don't apologise" he said. A silence fell between them, eventually broken by Jack speaking. "What do you say? Shall we go and join them, try and calm things. If that's possible. Poor Joan looks like she might faint"

Martha shook her head weakly. "You go. You've always been good at peace making. I think I might just.... go for a walk or something. I need to clear my head. I'm afraid that if I stay here any longer, I might scream or hit somebody"

"As long as it's not me again!" laughed Jack. His heart flipped as he saw a smile gently creep onto her face. Cupping er face into his hands he kissed her forehead lightly.

"You go" he said. "I'll phone you when things have calmed down"

Martha smiled gratefully. "Thank you" she said. Jack looked at her, confused. "What for?"

"For being you. For making this so easy for me. I love you"

"I love you too" he reciprocated. "And don't worry, I won't let them upset you. What happened last year, well, it's in the past" he said. Martha smiled and stood up. "See you later" she said. Jack watched as she headed towards the door. His heart breaking as he saw how much she was hurting.

Turning back towards the kitchen, he saw Joan glaring at him. "I hope you're happy" he said, angrily. Joan shook her head. "I'm not the one causing the heartache. Believe me, one way or another, I won't let you take my daughter away from me"

phew, I feel better now. I hope I've done this well. Nicole, your turn :)

I thought you were my friend. lol.

OKay... I should really turn off "Lady and the Tramp" and think... but.. I can't. lol. My update will either be very soon (doubt it highly..) , later on this evening or tomorrow. Damn you Miss Pringle, damn you. *death glare*

Why is Ruth so hell-bent on destroying this relationship?? :angry: I guess Nicole may help answer that in her chapter.

Unfortunately, Nicole has no choice. lol. That's the bit I know I'm going to be stuck on.. *huff*

Just wondering........are Roo and Brett her parents in this. I'm only asking because you refered to her mum as Ruth.

IMPORTANT

Well not really :P

O.k we need to fix something. We knew something would go wrong, lol. The previous posts will be edited to make Martha's mum's name Joan. Martha's real mothers is Ruth and in this fic we are refering to her adoptive mother and father. So her name will now be Joan. And this is the family that raised her on the farm- in Queensland. That's all :)

And if this is really confusing sorry.

Great chapter !! Very well written.

Haha Nicole, you've got a bit of a challenge on your hands now - I wouldn't want to have to continue on from that. You're actually gonna have to do some thinking for once. :P

Bay girl - No they're not Roo and Brett, they are in fact Martha's adopted parents. I just couldn't remember if I had ever found out the names of Martha's adoptive parents. Ruth just kinda came to mind to fill the gap but I actually meant to change her name before I posted. :)

Nicole - please update soon :D

EDIT: Right ok well Jamey has cleared this up. Her adoptive mother is named Joan now, so i will go off and change that. :)

Archived