Last Icon Maker Standing

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so entry period officially closed. But i have had a problem with one sets entrys and have pm'd the person but am awaitng reply As soon as i get the reply and have resolved it they contest will be up im the idiot who didnt realise it till today. Even though the entries are closed if you want to enter still you can up till the issue is resolved.

Has anyone noticed that the current competition is seriously female dominated? I don't mean the avatar makers, I mean the actual icons themselves. Do people think that females make better subjects for icons?

I was thinking about this the other day when I was making some icons for the competition (I didn't enter in the end because I wasn't happy with my entries). I tend to make an equal number of male and female icons I think.

I thought I would bring it up and create some discussion to see what other people think. :)

I tend to think females get better photoshoots than males, with more unique lighting and stuff, which makes for more fun while making icons... but now that you've mentioned it, yeah, I can see your point.

I don't know if it makes that much of a difference though, because you're not allowed to vote for who is in the avatar, just what they've done with it concerning technique. So someone who has done the same thing to a male and a female icon should (ideally) be judged the same.

However, in saying that, I do wonder if it would still manage to make a difference if they icons were males instead of females... *ponders such a thought*

One thing I noticed is that it was seriously about the TV shows, mainly Veronica Mars and The OC... which was odd, but then again, it just shows the popularity of said shows.

To be honest I am a bit out of touch with things and I don't recognise half the people in the icons anyway! Getting too old you see! :D So who is in the icons doesn't influence my vote at all. I brought up the female/male thing because I have noticed it in other threads, but looking at all the competition entries together really made it stand out.

I see what you mean about the better photoshoots thing. I suppose things such as make up and interesting clothing also make females better icons subjects. Make up also makes their facial features a lot more intense.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived