Guest Dean

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you get it now Natasha? Pretty Shocking eh?

My thoughts:

Of course, Logan has to dig himself deeper by implicating Jack in Palmer's assassination with no evidence. I can almost imagine him whipping out a confession written in crayon with the "R" in Bauer backwards. That's the only choice he has, unfortunately for him. Jack now knows what Logan's real agenda is, and he must be silenced before he can bring him down. However, springing this bogus evidence isn't sold on CTU, at least for Karen, even if they have to enforce it. Of course, she doesn't know Logan's involved, but Logan's reluctance to elaborate on the so called evidence he has is suspicious.

Chloe and Miles' rivalry is also fun. I almost expected Miles to shout "Chloe!" when she managed to corrupt the satellite signal and get to the bathroom before Miles could get there. Anything to give these knuckleheads a hard time.

Finally they got Heller involved. With all the things that have been happening, it is odd how they wouldn't get him earlier. However, we learn that he was in Japan (or on a show on ABC, your pick), so that explains why he couldn't come straighten things out at any point during the day.

With Buchanan gone and Audrey in the field with Jack, Chloe was vulnerable to Karen and her slimy toadie Miles, who has been eager to get her since he stepped in the office. The big surprise to me is Shari playing a significant role in this, even catching Chloe off guard. She doesn't care for Miles, and appreciated Chloe standing up for her. So why would she align herself with them? Perhaps even with the sexual harassment allegation, Shari still felt she was next in line for Homeland's penchant of filing out pink slips.

Jack would've been proud seeing Chloe sneak out of CTU, from grabbing Miles' key card (after this day all employees should get theirs surgically fused to their bodies) to swiping the CTU laptop. It moves into with her confrontation with Shari, where she utilizes the information she knows about Shari's instability to buy her freedom. While I was apprehensive about Shari's neurosis, it has been utilized in the story.

Henderson has topped Gaines as far as best villain is concerned. He is Jack's match: the man who taught him everything he knows about being an agent, including how to get results. Jack would probably be the only other person who would consider severing a person's artery to get what he wants out of someone (granted, Jack would sever a bad guy's artery).

During this scene, it looked like Audrey was going to die. It is rather surprising that Henderson didn't just kill Audrey as soon as he got the evidence, much like he planned to do (and presumably did) to Evelyn. He was shooting at Jack and Audrey stood in between them. Why not finish at least one loose end?

Although I was at Heller's behavior, he has a good point: Jack's plan is not thought through. We know Jack wants to impale Logan with the American flag, but a public outing of this would shake America possibly worse than almost anything we've ever faced.

That's not to say seeing Heller chew Logan out wasn't a blast to watch: Heller knocks Logan down several pegs, but not enough for Logan to admit defeat.

Martha is curious, and Logan knows from earlier that can be disastrous, which leads to MIA Aaron, which left me worried. This is especially effective since the show has been the Grim Reaper this season. However, I don't think that the worst has happened. Aaron, besides Jack, is the only surviving member of the all 5 seasons club. If Aaron is to die, he deserves to on screen, IMHO of course :lol:. Hopefully Aaron survived and disappeared, only to return at the critical moment when a good guy is about to be killed and save the day.

IMO, 24 hit one of its best episodes for the season. While the Sentox may have been stopped, the conspiracy and personal stakes are at a still going up. Logan certainly gets the blood boiling, which makes Jack's race to bring him down and save the country, while at the same moment dealing with a major figure in his past, more compelling.

Oh, and that split screen to close the episode was cool.

Another great episode last night... can't wait 'till next week for the final 4 episodes.

How funny was Chloe in the bar when she used the stun gun on the sleazy guy. All of her scenes were great. And bossing Bill around :lol: Go Chloe!

I'm starting to like Karen also :lol:

Oh and I finally understand one of the Jack Bauer quotes on that site - the one that was something like "Only Jack Bauer can fly a plane from the luggage compartment" :lol:

Speaking of the plane... I didn't expect it to be the co-pilot working for Henderson.

Looking forward to Dean's essay response. :lol::P

Archived