Guest Dean

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KIEFER Sutherland, who plays federal agent Jack Bauer on the hit Fox show 24, knows he's onto a good thing.

Speaking this week at the TV Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, California, Sutherland told TV.com that Bauer is the best thing that has ever happened to his career.

"It's been the most amazing experience of my career," the Canadian-born actor said.

Sutherland said next season of 24 won't pick up immediately where season five left off, with Bauer in the hold of a cargo ship bound for China. Rather, it will take place more than a year later.

This tactic was used by the show once before. In the cliff-hanger ending to season two, President Palmer was the target of an assassination attempt--when the show returned for season three, time had passed and the assassination attempt was a distant memory.

Sutherland that said in the upcoming season his character will be a shell of man, tired of all the death that surrounded him in season five.

"Bauer's at the end of his line," the actor confided. "Something's going to have to really rejuvenate him from the position that he's in...he'll come from a really deep, dark place."

24 returns for its sixth season in January. Also this fall, Sutherland will perform a voice in the Fox animated series The Simpsons and will be heard as Raistlin Majere in the animated film Dragonlance.

I am glad Heller is still alive...I always liked him.

I cannot believe Miles and when Karen slapped him, I actually said out loud: " Go Karen!" I really like her too.

I also actually dreamed about 24 last night. It's what you get when you go to bed straight after two hours of it!

Cannot wait for tonight.

Thanks for the spoilers Andy.

Fantastic final! Still in a bit of shock at the ending - glad I didn't read that spoiler until after the ep finished :P

Logan and Martha stuff was great, and how sad was it when Chloe was given Edgar's photo of them together...

So who else thinks Karen and Bill will get together :lol:

Fantastic final! Still in a bit of shock at the ending - glad I didn't read that spoiler until after the ep finished :P

Logan and Martha stuff was great, and how sad was it when Chloe was given Edgar's photo of them together...

So who else thinks Karen and Bill will get together :lol:

I knew that was going to happen...at least that part was predictable.

I loved the ending...especially the Logan and Martha stuff. Can't wait for next season, I wonder when we get it? I think its already airing in the US?

Cheng Zhi: You surely must be aware, Mr. Bauer, that China has a long memory. Only eighteen months ago, you invaded our territory and killed our Consul. Did you really think that we would forget? Hmm?

This was fantastic the way the actor said it.

Archived