What different languages can you speak?

Guest girl_from_uk

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

What does 'kia ora' mean, [x]whacko[x]jen[x]? I'm just wondering because it's actually a brand of orange juice over here...

Means hello.. Haha orange juice called hello?? How.....interesting.

Kia ora e hao is hello friend.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I thought that I had already posted in here but obviously not.

I speak

English (of course)

German (close to fluently- studied for 5 years at school, spent 8 weeks living in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, and am now a German major at uni)+ political science.

Japanese(learned for 5 years, but don't remember much now).

Italian( just a bit, studied it for a semester this year).

Spanish (learnt it ages ago but still remember basic stuff).

and... Dutch (again only the basics that My Mum, and her cousins who have visited NZ have taught me).

I think i'll be starting to learn Danish soon because i'm hoping to do a semester at Copenhagen University in 2010.

German (close to fluently- studied for 5 years at school, spent 8 weeks living in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, and am now a German major at uni)+ political science.

You must've done the same exchange I did many years ago.

You must've done the same exchange I did many years ago.

It wouldn't suprise me,

just after I got arrived in Guetersloh my exchange partner was like " do you know..., she did the exchange almost 2 years ago now and she also went to OGHS" and I'm like yep, and Judith then said to me "she lives across the road from me... ".I also found out last year that Judith's nextdoor neighbour was also doing the same exchange and staying in Christchurch.I still keep in touch with a lot of the people I met, and I actually seen someone I went to Germany with just last week.

I am slowly (so very slowly) learning Dutch. My hubby is born and raised in NZ like me but both his parents came over from Holland when they were in their twenties and hubby learned to speak Dutch before he learned english. Soooo...I'm trying hahaha :D I can count, recognise certain sentences say other certain words.

Archived