What different languages can you speak?

Guest girl_from_uk

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

German (close to fluently- studied for 5 years at school, spent 8 weeks living in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, and am now a German major at uni)+ political science.

You must've done the same exchange I did many years ago.

It wouldn't suprise me,

just after I got arrived in Guetersloh my exchange partner was like " do you know..., she did the exchange almost 2 years ago now and she also went to OGHS" and I'm like yep, and Judith then said to me "she lives across the road from me... ".I also found out last year that Judith's nextdoor neighbour was also doing the same exchange and staying in Christchurch.I still keep in touch with a lot of the people I met, and I actually seen someone I went to Germany with just last week.

Did you do the week long visit to Berlin on yours?

I speak Dutch (my native language), French (Belgium's second official language), German (Belgium's third official language) English and Spanish.

I speak Dutch, French, English and Spanish fluently and I understand everything in German but I can't put the words in the right order if I want to make a sentance.

German (close to fluently- studied for 5 years at school, spent 8 weeks living in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, and am now a German major at uni)+ political science.

You must've done the same exchange I did many years ago.

It wouldn't suprise me,

just after I got arrived in Guetersloh my exchange partner was like " do you know..., she did the exchange almost 2 years ago now and she also went to OGHS" and I'm like yep, and Judith then said to me "she lives across the road from me... ".I also found out last year that Judith's nextdoor neighbour was also doing the same exchange and staying in Christchurch.I still keep in touch with a lot of the people I met, and I actually seen someone I went to Germany with just last week.

Did you do the week long visit to Berlin on yours?

Yep, although because there was 63 of us (+30 from Sydney) we nearly had to have a ballot to decide who got to go.

^ Isn't it funny how people remember the foreign swear words really easily? :P

I already posted in here. But do Latin and ancient Greek count too? :P I would have to find my old textbooks and revise a bit because I haven't studied those languages for over 5 years now but I can still conjugate and decline Latin words. Ancient Greek is harder. I can still decline my name in both languages. :lol:

Archived